New stadium

25 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Milan said a lot of things.  Maybe not all of them were true.  

If this assertion was true, it should be easy to show the comparative costs of Hillsborough and one of the new stadia.  To date, nobody has been able to stand this up.  Yet another Owlstalk myth imho.

I can’t be bothered to look up right now but I’m sure I saw a spreadsheet of maintenance costs for Championship stadia once and it was in the millions how much more ours cost to upkeep. 

Makes total sense though, and old house costs more to heat than a new one, most councils in the country have sold their old office buildings and built new ones at high up front costs because they save so much every year it’ll pay for itself quickly, newer concert venues make more revenue, a new car requires less upkeep then a second hand one etc ...

17 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Just takes one stubborn owner to refuse to sell and the whole plan is kiboshed. 

Many developments have to resort to compulsory purchase orders to prevent this type of hold up.

1 hour ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

A rebuild could see the stadium elevated above the flood plain with an irrigation system for water to drain off appropriately. New walkways could be built on platforms with ramps and steps. Proper segregation could be arranged for the away fans. 

If we build it with solar technology and make it self sufficient it could save us a few bob.

If we could afford it I would have a retractable roof and hire it out in the off season for concerts to generate some extra money.

6 hours ago, Tudders said:

Been having a think about this..

A lot of anti-SYP/SAG posting of late. I take it that it’s in relation to the closure of the Leppings Lane entrance/exits for Home fans on Saturday?

Am I right in thinking that SYP admitted to making mistakes during the derby last season?

In order to truly learn from this and move forward, they get an independent person who is an expert in match day crowd management to conduct a report. The expert delivers his findings which SYP pass on to SAG and SWFC. Surely this is showing SYP as taking positive action to learn from mistakes and improve upon Policing matches in future? Shouldn’t this be welcomed rather than criticised?  Once the report was received from the expert,If they had gone against or ignored the recommendations of the expert wouldn’t that have left them wide open?

What evidence do you have that SYP don’t want us around any more? 

Genuinely interested in people’s views on this? Does it have substance or is it just that some find it enjoyable to criticise SYP?

They would do better on finding out why they are unable to police football matches.  As they seem to unable to control large crowds for three or four hours. 

Their only answer seems to cut the attendance and lay the blame at the door of others.  

They treat fans with contempt by having games moved to a time of their choosing.  It shouldn't be for them to decide such matters it should be the club and the fans, the Police must understand they work for us not the other way around. 

Instead of treating the fans as fellow human beings to many of them are unapproachable and give you short shrift if you ask them a question or question their actions.  Of course many of them are very helpful and approachable and are a credit to the police force.

They need to look to themselves especially at the planning and logistics level. 

It's a heart over head thing for me. I know in just about every sense, whether it be economically, eliminating SAG issues or in terms of moving past 1989, leaving Hillsborough for a new, bespoke ground is the right thing to do.

But being a football fan is ultimately all about heart and sentimentality, so I'm afraid I'm stuck on Hillsborough. I'd be absolutely heartbroken to see it go.

Lets not forget that just a few years ago we were granted outline planning to revamp the old girl. if that plan was approved then surely all this entry exit stuff was taken into consideration then.

As a quick solution then mabe the bridg could be widened to where the blue gates are giving a much bigger concourse

4 minutes ago, Broncolives said:

image.png.55534f45043f2e4bccd623aa563e10d9.png

Look at what could be achieved, awesome 

And people are genuinely suggesting we bin Hillsborough off 

Im not adverse to a move, it seems lately the powers that be, seem intent on forcing our hand. It would have to be more easily accessible and in the current area. 

If we could achive a renovation for the same or less, id stay. The transport links are improving, the area, is being improved, so why not have the club at the heart of the community? 

In its current state, im not sure how much longer its feasible, without serious capacity reductions forced on us. 

It seems sag and syp have a massive hard on for us. 

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I can’t be bothered to look up right now but I’m sure I saw a spreadsheet of maintenance costs for Championship stadia once and it was in the millions how much more ours cost to upkeep. 

Makes total sense though, and old house costs more to heat than a new one, most councils in the country have sold their old office buildings and built new ones at high up front costs because they save so much every year it’ll pay for itself quickly, newer concert venues make more revenue, a new car requires less upkeep then a second hand one etc ...

A few years ago somebody posted a spreadsheet in here showing revenue generated by clubs. Ours was near the bottom with clubs with lower attendances generating higher revenues than us.

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I have questioned this repeatedly in the past. To date, nobody has been able to provide any figures to prove this.  Perhaps you will be the one to enlighten me.  Thanks in advance.

A fair point I don’t have the figures. It’s an old stadium though and according to many other teams that have upgraded their stadiums they do so due to running costs.

commercially though it must be rubbish for us. We are a big club, even with our current exile from the top tier but Hillsborough is a bit of an anchor when it comes to sponsorship. 

I have a feeling Chansiri plan is get club up into Premier League then look to moving.

But just speaking for myself I doubt I would feel the same about going to games if Wednesday moved.

Not saying anything as rash as I would never step foot in a new place but cant see myself making a big effort to go all the time.

Think nearly every club that has moved has lost something they cant really ever get back.