New stadium

1 minute ago, goodytheowl said:

Flatten and rebuild leapings Lane, connecting to north and south. Open more bars and kiosks in spare ground behind north next to terraced houses.

a lot cheaper than a new shizer flat pack stadium out in don valley with no pubs around it.

Feck a new ground, redevelop beautiful Hillsborough 

You could still do all that and it would be still Hillsborough. Forever tarnished. 

5 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

There's nothing so special and unique about Sheffield Wednesday , that we are not immune from having Hillsborough levelled and moving to a new stadium. 

If Spurs , Man City and Everton can do it, then so can we.

I don't think its necessary at the moment though; there is still so much development potential at Hillsborough ( corners filled in, Lep knocked down and started again) that we can remain there for a fair few years. 

If it wasnt for being unable to shake off the bad Hillsborough stain after 25 years i would agree

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If it wasnt for being unable to shake off the bad Hillsborough stain after 25 years i would agree

If people were frightened of coming to Hillsborough, i'd agree, but fans have packed out that end numerous times since the disaster. I do think though SYP/SAG are over cautious because of the disaster though + the fact its a pretty dated stand. While ever it's like it is SYP and SAG will dictate ridiculous levels of segregation. 

Desperately needs modernising. In the grand scheme of things it's at the bottom of the list. 

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Strange question

Strange person wanting a flat pack down don valley with no pubs around it.

been to Derby, Stoke, Donny, Coventry, Hull, Huddersfield, Reading etc etc? All tommyTank stadiums with a long walk away from pubs = shizer atmosphere, no thanks EVER

13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Thats ok then. If you are ok the clubs not suffering.

The club is not suffering because of something that happened in 1989

Its suffering because there’s been no infrastructure investment since the mid 90s

5 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Herringthorpe playing fields in Rotherham can't be built on, protected by something or the other (its massive would make a great place for a new stadium) so it wouldn't surprise me that Hillsborough Park is similarly protected.

The Dixon family sold us a plot of their land for the sum of £5,000 on which we built developed and even transported one stand across the City from Olive grove. The Dixon family home along with the grounds was bequeathed to the citizens of Sheffield as a Library and Park land. The Park is little used these days excepting the odd Sheffield Show and  The Tram Lines festival. The days of the packed park with full tennis courts, bowling greens and kids playing on the lake in paddle boats have long gone. Yet the fact remains that Dixon intended that the land be for the useful benefit of the Citizens of the City. We Wednesdayites are those people who would find useful utility of the Dixon family bequest. So should we decide to push ahead with some future development, let us give it our full consideration. Keeping to S6 with adequate facilities should be seen as a debt of gratitude that we owe the Dixon family for their 19th century gesture.    

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Just now, NYCOWL said:

The club is not suffering because of something that happened in 1989

Its suffering because there’s been no infrastructure investment since the mid 90s

If that's your opinion then you are entitled to it

I believe its suffering because of both of the above.

I would prefer to upgrade the existing stadium than move locations, but looking at the sheer lack of space to do that where we are means a spurs job, and that took years and years, and we don't have Wembley that we can just use instead. We can't ground share with anyone so we can't do that.

For me, Knock down leppings lane end. Stick away fans at one end of the North stand or one end of south with temp barrier for a season or 2. Create a purpose built stand for away fans that is safer. North, South and Kop just needs gutting on the inside and upgrading with 2 exits out of the north stand that lead to Penistone road. This would mean taking some room from Megastore car park, which in 2019 i think we can do. Allow a south stand exit that leads to up to Hillsborough only with no access to leppings lane. Give leppings lane entirely to away support for before and after games.

Would be a big job, but moving elsewhere would be too and i think our stadium looks completely perfect and is the best example of an English 4 sided ground left IMO. Just needs an architect to sort leppings lane out and use the space inside the stands better. If can do that then we are fine where we are. Also, if the issues with leppings lane have been so obvious, how has it not being raised before now? I get what they are saying, but the stadium has been the same since forever, seems a tad of an oversight to me and could have been sorted years ago.

4 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

Strange person wanting a flat pack down don valley with no pubs around it.

been to Derby, Stoke, Donny, Coventry, Hull, Huddersfield, Reading etc etc? All tommyTank stadiums with a long walk away from pubs = shizer atmosphere, no thanks EVER

Did I say I wanted it?

I said it was a necessity in my opinion, too different things. Juts because you don't like something doesn't mean it wont happen or that other people thing it needs to happen.

'IF' we end up moving don't go to the games, its your choice. Makes no odds to me.