New stadium

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I’d be f**ked off if we were interested in having Rod Stewart on the pitch to be honest. 

Tickets were on sale at the lane from £150-£200 a pop ,with over 20000 people in attendance ,venues take a 10% cut of ticket sales 

So the pigs made £300,000 from one nights event ,plus sales on food and drink

Rod can dance around like a wee dickk all he wants of it brought that income to us 

Just now, billyblack said:

Roads and changes get made all the time. Didnt realise we needed an entire new road network for somewhere half a mile up the road from the existing ground.

What would be the route of any road(s) you're suggesting.

It's a tough one.

Is football all about an endless pursuit to make more money? Or is it the tradition and sense of belonging you get with a stadium that has been passed down to generations of supporters? All I will say is that the ground looked stunning the other day, and a few million spent on it could work wonders. 

21 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

It's a tough one.

Is football all about an endless pursuit to make more money? Or is it the tradition and sense of belonging you get with a stadium that has been passed down to generations of supporters? All I will say is that the ground looked stunning the other day, and a few million spent on it could work wonders. 

Do Football clubs make money to survive, or survive to make money?
Think in modern football we all know the answer to that one.

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

It's a tough one.

It may do.

Would it remove the stigma of the Hillsborough disaster?

Would it encourage new business suitors to invest in Hillsborough to bring new revenue streams in?

Would the changes the ground allow the club to be more profitable?

I have no doubt that 99% of Wednesday fans would like to stay at Hillsborough, would it give us the necessary tools to move the club forward substantially, I doubt it.

I don't of many clubs if any who regret moving to a new stadium from a business perspective, only one I can think of is Coventry FC and that whole thing is a disgrace in my opinion top to bottom.

The game has changed and while history and nostalgia are great, they don't pay the bills. 

This was going to cost £22 million in 2009. I believe Chansiri has always said that redevelopment plans are on hold until we get promoted, but would there be enough time to meet Premier League stadia criteria? Is it something the club can invest in now? Got a feeling they are swaying towards the new-build route.

23 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

Yep. My mate was there last Sunday. Massive Spurs fan.

Blown away by the fact that he waited nano seconds for his pints, his curry meal before the match and the the comfort and space.

He sent me pictures during and one was of huge escalators in some sort of atrium. I said it looks more like Brent’s Cross and he agreed.

Did he enjoy the day out ? Yes

Did he enjoy it as a football experience? No not at all.

Do West Ham fans feel happy with how it turned out for them ?

Will the new generation of fans feel the genuine love and loyalty to a club through this sanitised matchday experience?

Be careful what you wish for

Not the same with my mates. What was his issue with the football experience?

5 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

This was going to cost £22 million in 2009. I believe Chansiri has always said that redevelopment plans are on hold until we get promoted, but would there be enough time to meet Premier League stadia criteria? Is it something the club can invest in now? Got a feeling they are swaying towards the new-build route.

Shows how things have moved on.

At the time I thought that looked amazing.

Now it looks like a lot of cladding to cover up problems.

(I’m for staying BTW, I’d just like to see plans that build on the modern/traditional look of the South Stand, I’m a big fan of what we did there.

9 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

I never get why people are obsessed with these plans. Yes, they were great, but are over 10 years old already.

We have no idea if they were ever feasible (ie the north stand entry/exit as per this weekend).

Be nice for Lee to fill us in!

There's nothing so special and unique about Sheffield Wednesday , that we are not immune from having Hillsborough levelled and moving to a new stadium. 

If Spurs , Man City and Everton can do it, then so can we.

I don't think its necessary at the moment though; there is still so much development potential at Hillsborough ( corners filled in, Lep knocked down and started again) that we can remain there for a fair few years. 

On 11/08/2019 at 11:25, Miffed said:

Just playing devils advocate here.... If Chansiri wanted to spend the money on a new stadium why wouldn’t he consider making some upgrades to Hillsborough instead? And why hasn’t he already done it? 

Chansiri has always said, Stadium improvements will come once we are in the BPL.

8 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

Not the same with my mates. What was his issue with the football experience?

I get the fan thing and the experience side of it. Do the club regret it and was it a must? You will never please all the fans. Will the fans still go? Yes. They may even get more.

Flatten and rebuild leapings Lane, connecting to north and south. Open more bars and kiosks in spare ground behind north next to terraced houses.

a lot cheaper than a new shizer flat pack stadium out in don valley with no pubs around it.

Feck a new ground, redevelop beautiful Hillsborough 

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I have been told by an unreliable source, talks have taken place with piggie bosses about a new shared ground.

Milan style stadium for use in the summer for huge music concerts. 65k capacity, best venue outside london.

If thats the way forward so be it. Financially it makes sense. Plenty of clubs do it.