New stadium

Knocking down the away end and building a two tiered away end that can be flexible enough to accommodate differing numbers of away end in the upper tier near the South Stand seems sensible to me.

You could also build an access bridge below Riverside Cafe across the river that could take away fans straight into the upper tier. Gets rid of all the bullsh1T about fans mixing outside the current exit.

Don't want to leave S6.  Best suggestion I can make is a complete redevelopment of the West Stand and its links to North and South for that 'all around' look.  Part of this will be to house away support, but alongside home support, just like all the other grounds we see on TV

There are a few issues with the old lady and although I’d be gutted i think now is the time to move on. 

The problem is that when you say Hillsborough, the next word most outside the club associate is disaster. Also it sits in a flood plain and is in need of regeneration. Add the issues with SAG I think it’s time to call it a day. Expensive to run and impossible due to its past to realise revenue.

I genuinely believe that its the next step in our evolution as a club to move on

6 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

There are a few issues with the old lady and although I’d be gutted i think now is the time to move on. 

The problem is that when you say Hillsborough, the next word most outside the club associate is disaster. Also it sits in a flood plain and is in need of regeneration. Add the issues with SAG I think it’s time to call it a day. Expensive to run and impossible due to its past to realise revenue.

I genuinely believe that its the next step in our evolution as a club to move on

I have questioned this repeatedly in the past. To date, nobody has been able to provide any figures to prove this.  Perhaps you will be the one to enlighten me.  Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I have questioned this repeatedly in the past. To date, nobody has been able to provide any figures to prove this.  Perhaps you will be the one to enlighten me.  Thanks in advance.

Didn't Milan say it was costing us upwards of 5million more than what it should do due to the age of the ground. 

4 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

How about for one season only we do a ground share with one of our neighbours while Hillsborough stadium is completely renovated. Knock down and rebuild the entire stadium in its existing location. 

I think Wembley is the only stadium that could fulfill our needs. 

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

Didn't Milan say it was costing us upwards of 5million more than what it should do due to the age of the ground. 

Milan said a lot of things.  Maybe not all of them were true.  

If this assertion was true, it should be easy to show the comparative costs of Hillsborough and one of the new stadia.  To date, nobody has been able to stand this up.  Yet another Owlstalk myth imho.

18 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

A rebuild could see the stadium elevated above the flood plain with an irrigation system for water to drain off appropriately. New walkways could be built on platforms with ramps and steps. Proper segregation could be arranged for the away fans. 

3 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

A rebuild could see the stadium elevated above the flood plain with an irrigation system for water to drain off appropriately. New walkways could be built on platforms with ramps and steps. Proper segregation could be arranged for the away fans. 

image.jpeg.bbcc4d7ffa5583c22bf87647e135e709.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just now, SolihullOwl79 said:

There is no need for elevation.  The flood was a once in a millenium event and was made far worse due to the Environment Agency not keeping the rivers clear of debris.

9 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I suggested this years ago and it would be perfect size wise for parking, retail units etc.

Sadly no chance of it happening.

That is the ideal solution , but a few tree higgers would complain about trees being chopped down. The council are always moaning about being skint ,so hers a chance to raise some coin and get a replacement park on our stadium.