New stadium

11 hours ago, PeakOwl said:

From what I’ve seen of Spurs new stadium, it does look the best of the new grounds, with one end curving upwards, not unlike our old Kop. 

Totally disagree with the OP though about building a smaller capacity. If we end up in the PL, 45-50K is what’s needed. We should comfortably average 40k, such is the PL nowadays and with our catchment area. Building a smaller capacity is just throwing away future reoccurring revenues, to save on initial development costs, and would be incredibly short-sighted.

Personally rather stay at Hillsborough and develop along the lines of the WC plans, but doubt it’ll happen.

Spending more money on an asset with poor returns doesn’t make any sense. 

Spend no more on the ground and move. 

The simple fact is Hillsborough needs a massive update into the 21st century 

It ain't 1995 anymore

In dc's eyes it would be more cost effective to build a new ground rather than losing millions a year on Hillsborough

People take pisss about dtaxis but he's having to make companies up because no serious business will touch us due to the assortation with the disaster

Its sad but true 

I'd be up for staying but I'm fed up of Hillsborough only been known for the disaster .

The only way we can move on is sadly moving.

You could easily build a similar stadium what's more modern but doesn't carry the same rep and better ways of income 

I have a friend who works for stage crew ,who recently did the rod Stewart gig and asked why they picked the lane rather than Hillsborough. His response 'disaster'.

Sadly it follows us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have a feeling Chansiri plan is get club up into Premier League then look to moving.

But just speaking for myself I doubt I would feel the same about going to games if Wednesday moved.

Not saying anything as rash as I would never step foot in a new place but cant see myself making a big effort to go all the time.

Think nearly every club that has moved has lost something they cant really ever get back.

I'd agree with every sentence of that. The novelty of shiny and new soon wears off. Then you're left with a ground with no tradition, that we've got no feeling for or association with. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I'd agree with every sentence of that. The novelty of shiny and new soon wears off. Then you're left with a ground with no tradition, that we've got no feeling for or association with. 

But thats the problem. Our association is with a disaster a generation ago and is set to remain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

where would you build your plastic type (hull) ground? there is only the old airport and Ecclesfield bottom what has an area of land big enough anyways . sag are anti swfc wont matter where we play. they simply don't want us. 

I dont know, but not in hillsborough. Unfortunately that name brings up only talking one point and always will, wrongly in my opinion but its there and set to remain. 

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

The only way I would accept a move would be as a result of us acquiring a large portion of Hillsborough Park.

Herringthorpe playing fields in Rotherham can't be built on, protected by something or the other (its massive would make a great place for a new stadium) so it wouldn't surprise me that Hillsborough Park is similarly protected.

1 hour ago, archieswfc said:

Maybe, but then did we lose everything when we moved from Olive Grove?

4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The simple fact is Hillsborough needs a massive update into the 21st century 

It ain't 1995 anymore

In dc's eyes it would be more cost effective to build a new ground rather than losing millions a year on Hillsborough

People take pisss about dtaxis but he's having to make companies up because no serious business will touch us due to the assortation with the disaster

Its sad but true 

I'd be up for staying but I'm fed up of Hillsborough only been known for the disaster .

The only way we can move on is sadly moving.

You could easily build a similar stadium what's more modern but doesn't carry the same rep and better ways of income 

I have a friend who works for stage crew ,who recently did the rod Stewart gig and asked why they picked the lane rather than Hillsborough. His response 'disaster'.

Sadly it follows us.

Perhaps it isn't up for grabs as a concert venue !

It's a football stadium that has hosted euro 96 and league cup finals and was selected for the 2018 world cup bid all AFTER the disaster 

Let them have Rod and Billy Graham 

Edited by the monk
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

I’ve warmed to the idea of moving - however for me it would have to be in S6

But that's like me saying if I live on the manor (which i don't lol) I want it building there.

Joking aside....build in on Hillsborough park, then create hillsborough park mkii where the ground is etc.

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

It's a football stadium that has hosted euro 96 and league cup finals AFTER the disaster 

Once in 1997 and then prior to that 1977. Hardly a prolific venue.

2 minutes ago, the monk said:

It's a football stadium that has hosted euro 96 and league cup finals and was selected for the 2018 world cup bid all AFTER the disaster 

The fact of the matter Is football has changed in a very short period of time 

Its not 1996 anymore

Football is a global brand.

Money is made in the global market.

We are running at a loss every single week.

The only major income with have is small bussiness sponsors and match day revenue.

There's massive income opportunities out there,look at Asia (where DC comes from) .Football has become huge over there.

That video on YouTube of us tributing the king of Thailand is highest viewed thing on swfc  YouTube.

That maybe irrelivent but what I'm saying is there is a  huge opportunity to make mega money globally but its obvious we ain't gonna get that while we are at Hillsborough stadium.

Just now, BIG D said:

I’d be f**ked off if we were interested in having Rod Stewart on the pitch to be honest. 

That was Just a example 

They've had boxing 

Chesterfield have had england u21,u19,u18 games

Look at the Manchester grounds ,massive gigs and boxing events.

With the right stadia and PR team we could be sitting on a goldmine

19 hours ago, Tudders said:

Been having a think about this..

A lot of anti-SYP/SAG posting of late. I take it that it’s in relation to the closure of the Leppings Lane entrance/exits for Home fans on Saturday?

Am I right in thinking that SYP admitted to making mistakes during the derby last season?

In order to truly learn from this and move forward, they get an independent person who is an expert in match day crowd management to conduct a report. The expert delivers his findings which SYP pass on to SAG and SWFC. Surely this is showing SYP as taking positive action to learn from mistakes and improve upon Policing matches in future? Shouldn’t this be welcomed rather than criticised?  Once the report was received from the expert,If they had gone against or ignored the recommendations of the expert wouldn’t that have left them wide open?

What evidence do you have that SYP don’t want us around any more? 

Genuinely interested in people’s views on this? Does it have substance or is it just that some find it enjoyable to criticise SYP?

In order to truly "learn and move forward", they would't have got an independent person to conduct a report on it and leave out one of the major factors.

They have done all this "Without" talking to the club at any point, they have had no interest in what the club think should happen for the best.

At "NO" point have they involved the club, or even the fans on what they think could be done to make things better.

All they have done, is a hatched job to make it look like they have done something good, but in effect have made things worse, as usual.

I would be interested to hear from anybody that knows of a football ground, that can keep each set of supporters from meeting each other when they leave the stadium.

Every ground has opposite fans meeting at some point, why hasn't this been addressed anywhere else, probarbly because it is managed a hell of a lot better than here.

So yes the criticism is well deserved. 

1 minute ago, MAL said:

In order to truly "learn and move forward", they would't have got an independent person to conduct a report on it and leave out one of the major factors.

They have done all this "Without" talking to the club at any point, they have had no interest in what the club think should happen for the best.

At "NO" point have they involved the club, or even the fans on what they think could be done to make things better.

All they have done, is a hatched job to make it look like they have done something good, but in effect have made things worse, as usual.

I would be interested to hear from anybody that knows of a football ground, that can keep each set of supporters from meeting each other when they leave the stadium.

Every ground has opposite fans meeting at some point, why hasn't this been addressed anywhere else, probarbly because it is managed a hell of a lot better than here.

So yes the criticism is well deserved. 

On a separate note, if fans didnt behave like tools when leaving grounds it wouldnt be an issue at all.