Premier League 2019/20

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Utd have 1 win in 6 and are still only 1 point off 5th place and 7 points behind 4th place Chelsea who seem to let themselves down every other game. Conversely Utd are now only 3 points ahead of 13th place. 

To be fair, they’ve got through the much anticipated month of death when nobody expected them to get anything pretty much unscathed. I expected them to be bottom 5, not top 7 now. Sometimes love it or hate it you’ve just got to hold your hands up and acknowledge that somebody somewhere is doing a good job much as it hurts.

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

Anyone else see VAR being better used abroad? Saw recently a Sevilla player falling over and handling in a build up to a go against Real Madrid. VAR checked it and said there was no way the player could avoid it and the goal stood. Over here goals like that have been disallowed or penalties given when players couldn't avoid handling. Also, they seem to go to the monitors more in other top European leagues.

No.  It's a scourge regardless of borders or country.

18 hours ago, Growl67 said:

To be fair, they’ve got through the much anticipated month of death when nobody expected them to get anything pretty much unscathed. I expected them to be bottom 5, not top 7 now. Sometimes love it or hate it you’ve just got to hold your hands up and acknowledge that somebody somewhere is doing a good job much as it hurts.

No doubt Wilder has done a great job, as you say they have come out of a tricky run of fixtures still in a good position but that is down to the quality of the league as a whole when you consider they have won 1 of their last 6 and have hardly budged in terms of league position.

Some reports I've seen have had the Arsenal fans waxing lyrical about the impact Arteta has made. They got a decent result with 10 men yesterday but overall it hardly looks like he has made a big difference yet, in terms of results & performances. They have drawn 3 in a row and have won 1 of their last 6 in the league and this is seen as progress for them, sign of the times. 

46 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Is Ricardo (the right back for Leicester) one of the most underrated players in the Prem right now? 

Every time I watch him, I think he's absolute class. 

Excellent player. 

Yes. Was thinking that, too.

Very effective defending (quick) and supporting attacks

Ed Woodward isn't a football man; he's a money man. 

The issues at Man U go way deeper than the rubbish being served up on the pitch right now. 

They have been getting progressively worse since Fergie retired.