Bullen as caretaker??

5 minutes ago, Kameron said:

We need a Bullen  at the club who can step in at times like this,  if he gets the job at some stage he's gone.  If he genuinely  wants to be a manager he needs to go and learn his trade.  He's on a hiding to nothing if he was given the job with us, spilt fan base from the off who'll want blood when it goes *** s up.  I don't want to see a decent guy go as so many have before him.

Wow Kameron for once I am in total agreement with you. What a well considered post

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

I ckinel hate Wham!

I agree.

Fortunately there’s a lady in charge of OT today and she’s refusing to allow any posts that aren’t strictly about the team.

I think she’s called Club Topic Anna.

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

Given the list of potential managers list is depressing, frightening and not great to look at. Is it not a viable option to give it Bullen for a short term appointment (Christmas?) Then reassess once we know how we're going on and what new managers become available? 

Other than Hughton, VBH, monk, karanka and paul cook I'd much rather give it Lee on a temp basis than any of the other names on the list. They all scream fan upset, poor results and sacked by christmas anyway

No chance 

Absolute disaster and another season down the pan 

It’s not ideal to let Bullen take charge, but it might make more sense than appointing a candidate who may also not be right. At least, if Bullen struggles with the job, he just reverts to his old position, and we’re not looking at paying off a new managers 3 year deal Most fans would understand that it would be a big ask, and that Bullen was doing what he always does, working for the good of the club. Yes there might be the odd idiot who might go over the top, but Bullen has broad enough shoulders to deal with that.

For me it’s a terrible idea to essentially write off season till Xmas on a wing and a prayer that bullen or anyone else ‘may’ do a job 

If we’re gonna appoint someone wether it’s bullen or anyone else they need backing 100% , appointing someone with a view to re-assessing at a later date is just bizarre to me 

Personally I don’t think it’s Bullens job as many presume, yeh he’s changed his tune and said he would like a go now but I think some of that is down to pressure from the media throwing his name forward and some fans insisting it’s his job , he’s stated quite a few times in past he didn’t want the job full time so I find it a bit of a strange u-turn and I can actually see it ending his time at the club because any new incoming gaffer is probably not going to want a rival to the job on his staff 

All just my opinion 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It’s not ideal to let Bullen take charge, but it might make more sense than appointing a candidate who may also not be right. At least, if Bullen struggles with the job, he just reverts to his old position, and we’re not looking at paying off a new managers 3 year deal Most fans would understand that it would be a big ask, and that Bullen was doing what he always does, working for the good of the club. Yes there might be the odd idiot who might go over the top, but Bullen has broad enough shoulders to deal with that.

I actually think that’s one of Bullens weaknesses reference broad shoulders .he can’t deal with the negative side of the fanbase and would lose his head , needs to get off social media for a start if he does get job

Post Carlos he begged Chansiri to bring a manager in, people are forgetting this a bit too easily 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I actually think that’s one of Bullens weaknesses reference broad shoulders .he can’t deal with the negative side of the fanbase and would lose his head , needs to get off social media for a start if he does get job

Post Carlos he begged Chansiri to bring a manager in, people are forgetting this a bit too easily 

I’m not sure about the social media, I’m off it as well, but yes, I can remember him not being comfortable with the position

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not sure about the social media, I’m off it as well, but yes, I can remember him not being comfortable with the position

Twitter is a huge issue, Bullen engages with them quite a bit aswell which is all well and good but some people just use it as a platform for abuse and I worry Bullen takes it far too personally 

He may well end up with the caretaker role by default, but I’m not convinced he actually wants to be the next manager. Bullen’s also probably quite pally with the players which won’t help one bit when he has to make those tough decisions. Lastly he comes across as a little too honest and a little too nice; I fear he’d really struggle under criticism from the fans and media. 

If if I were him I’d try to stay at the club under his current guise and leave the hot seat alone.

6 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

He may well end up with the caretaker role by default, but I’m not convinced he actually wants to be the next manager. Bullen’s also probably quite pally with the players which won’t help one bit when he has to make those tough decisions. Lastly he comes across as a little too honest and a little too nice; I fear he’d really struggle under criticism from the fans and media. 

If if I were him I’d try to stay at the club under his current guise and leave the hot seat alone.

Very similar to my thoughts 

really don’t wanna lose him as a part of the club, and I feel he’s running that risk putting himself forward for a job I don’t fully believe he wants

My biggest doubt is that Chansiri will be open to the idea, I don’t think he would forget how quick he was to ask for a way out when it started getting tough last time post Carlos

post Jos was a bit different ... the players had a huge factor in that and he was onto a winner just been able to bring Westwood back in 

Very short term caretaker similar to previous time in role. ideally need some one in before window closes. We have lost 3 personnel and we are very short in coaching department therefore some timescale as long as Christmas would be disastrous all round. We are already nabbing U23 coach and so Academy is far worse off without Thompson, I would think a couple of bods are required at least. If you remember CC had a van load when he was in charge. JL had two and they have now both left. Currently running on skeleton crew so some recruitment required.

54 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The fact we haven’t appointed a manager over a week after cabbage left, must mean Bullen will be in charge until after the court case.

Thats my interpretation 

I seriously hope that’s not the case.