Bullen as caretaker??

Given the list of potential managers list is depressing, frightening and not great to look at. Is it not a viable option to give it Bullen for a short term appointment (Christmas?) Then reassess once we know how we're going on and what new managers become available? 

Other than Hughton, VBH, monk, karanka and paul cook I'd much rather give it Lee on a temp basis than any of the other names on the list. They all scream fan upset, poor results and sacked by christmas anyway

Edited by S26 Owl

Be the worst thing for Lee IMO, the fans respect and love the job he does - he will be sacked at some point which would be a loss for the club and a sad way to go for someone who’s given so much, the managers role should be someone who we can love and hate and then forget quickly. Like a cabbage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Be the worst thing for Lee IMO, I respect and love the job he does - he will be sacked at some point which would be a loss for the club and a sad way to go for someone who’s given so much, the managers role should be someone who we can love and hate and then forget quickly. Like a cabbage

You soft soaping Bàstard .....

You're just bigging him up for a good price on a 3 Bed Semi at Mosborough lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’d rather we took our time to appoint the right person. Unless Hughton wants to come then Bullen gets it short term for me. If he does well and momentum builds then he gets the gig until the end of the season. 

I don’t understand some of the venom towards him to be honest. He’s served this club well over the years and understands the club. I’d rather he was given it in the short term than some dinosaur looking to top up his retirement fund. 

Edited by bigdan2003

8 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I don’t understand some of the venom towards him to be honest.

I don't think there is much venom. I think most people like him and think he does a good job. Many people however think he is not up to the manager's job on a permanent basis and don't want him to fail.

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

I don't think there is much venom. I think most people like him and think he does a good job. Many people however think he is not up to the manager's job on a permanent basis and don't want him to fail.

Deffo plenty of venom on social media. Then again, social media is a bit of a cesspit. 

I do understand though people being concerned by his experience, and being underwhelmed. 

Edited by bigdan2003

Looking at the squad, we lack that extra quality that will be needed to be promotion contenders. With this squad, and Bullen in charge, I reckon we’d be upper mid table. The problem is, with pretty much all of the other managers linked, none really gives us a better chance of elevating ourselves into the promotion spots. If there was a stand out tactician, who could take this group of players, and forge us into genuine promotion contenders, then it’d be worth taking a punt 

It isn’t like that though, there are no stand out candidates, and even those of us who favour a particular manager, generally do so, not because they believe he is right for the job, but because they hope that he would be the least worst option. That is what is so depressing about the current situation

Guest Kameron

We need a Bullen  at the club who can step in at times like this,  if he gets the job at some stage he's gone.  If he genuinely  wants to be a manager he needs to go and learn his trade.  He's on a hiding to nothing if he was given the job with us, spilt fan base from the off who'll want blood when it goes *** s up.  I don't want to see a decent guy go as so many have before him.

7 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

We looked good last Christmas...Just saying

Last Christmas he got a good start,

But the silly Hull game he threw it away,

This year to save us from tears,

Lets give it to someone better

• Like 1
  • Haha 8