Bullen as caretaker??

1 hour ago, Spencerowl said:

Be the worst thing for Lee IMO, the fans respect and love the job he does - he will be sacked at some point which would be a loss for the club and a sad way to go for someone who’s given so much, the managers role should be someone who we can love and hate and then forget quickly. Like a cabbage

You're kidding right? People are always banging on about our ex managers.

We've been thoroughly outplayed in both friendlies bullen has had.

Players looking lazy, and like they're still on holiday under him.

Deservedly lost to a 4th div german side, we had a total of one shot on target all game.

Then won 3-2, when we scored with basically every shot we had and they should have scored 5 or 6 despite being rubbish.

I don't want bullen to be n charge for any competitive games at all.

We've got 2 weeks to make an appointment, else i think we'll just be hurting our chances of doing well this season.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

But the silly Hull game he threw it away, 

Bullen wern't in charge for that one, twas cc :biggrin:

Btw Bullen still has a 50% win rate..better than the last 300 managers we have had. We deffo need some big name though with nearer 38% to keep the fans happy. lol

7 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Don't think anyone was before they became a manager for the 1st time.

Sure, but a slow starter don't you think. 

I can't take him seriously as a realistic candidate having previously and so publicly acknowledged he was out of his depth. 

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Bullen wern't in charge for that one, twas cc :biggrin:

Btw Bullen still has a 50% win rate..better than the last 300 managers we have had. We deffo need some big name though with nearer 38% to keep the fans happy. lol

OK...but personally I’m not sure it works as well.

Last Christmas he got a good start,

But the silly Hull game, working alongside Agnew, Clemence with guidance from Steve Bruce watching the cricket, he threw it away,

This year to save us from tears,

Lets give it to someone better

7 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

Given the list of potential managers list is depressing, frightening and not great to look at. Is it not a viable option to give it Bullen for a short term appointment (Christmas?) Then reassess once we know how we're going on and what new managers become available? 

Other than Hughton, VBH, monk, karanka and paul cook I'd much rather give it Lee on a temp basis than any of the other names on the list. They all scream fan upset, poor results and sacked by christmas anyway

Still trying to work out who VBH is?

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

We've been thoroughly outplayed in both friendlies bullen has had.

Players looking lazy, and like they're still on holiday under him.

Deservedly lost to a 4th div german side, we had a total of one shot on target all game.

Then won 3-2, when we scored with basically every shot we had and they should have scored 5 or 6 despite being rubbish.

I don't want bullen to be n charge for any competitive games at all.

We've got 2 weeks to make an appointment, else i think we'll just be hurting our chances of doing well this season.

Nice on Cookeh  !

This may sound daft, but Bullen has proven time and again that in times of transition (i.e. when the gaffer gets sacked) he can come in, rally the troops and steady the ship ready for the new man.

In an increasingly short-termist footballing world, I value that role pretty highly and I wonder if to an extent he's happier with the occasional moment of having to step in then later retreating into the background. I'd be a bit uncomfortable with him taking on the full-time gig, getting all the flak normally reserved for those above him and probably ending up out of the club at some point. The thought of Wednesday without Bullen isn't a happy one for me.

5 hours ago, Quist said:

Very short term caretaker similar to previous time in role. ideally need some one in before window closes. We have lost 3 personnel and we are very short in coaching department therefore some timescale as long as Christmas would be disastrous all round. We are already nabbing U23 coach and so Academy is far worse off without Thompson, I would think a couple of bods are required at least. If you remember CC had a van load when he was in charge. JL had two and they have now both left. Currently running on skeleton crew so some recruitment required.

Agree regarding the depth of the coaching set up at present, that clearly needs addressing post haste

Following on from my thread about Bullen taking over I think its quite clear fans don't think he should take over in any capacity other than temporary.

You can't give someone a job til Xmas and hope it will be OK. If we aren't in the top 8 Xmas he will have to be let go.

I cannot see the fuss. We have a safe pair of hands who puts the Club before himself always, who can keep a steady ship until we are able to find the RIGHT manager /coach to take over. For me, a knee-jerk reaction could be back to the dark days of Jos. If it was my money I was pouring in to the Club, I would want to take my time to make sure I have the right person. In Lee you have someone who will do a good job in the interim. 

If we are unbeaten in the first 10 then he will understandably want it full time, but that would be a very high quality problem to have!!

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

OK...but personally I’m not sure it works as well.

Last Christmas he got a good start,

But the silly Hull game, working alongside Agnew, Clemence with guidance from Steve Bruce watching the cricket, he threw it away,

This year to save us from tears,

Lets give it to someone better

Yep, but you know what, we will end up with someone off the 'list'. A potential good manager, or a known good manager will want dosh, we can't spend any.

If I am right, I can't see the point, given the list of canditates.

If he tried to poach someone (I don't think he would btw) He would have reyt job persuading them to come here.

Also think Bullen had a very difficult start first year, with more than half the first team injured. Anybody would have had problems.

2nd year he had to dismantle all the 'good work' :rolleyes: jos did and start from scratch and with some players still out, yet still did ok.

I agree the Hull game was a bit apeshyte, but CC had dozens of games like that and jos had hundreds, I reckon Bullen learn't from it, cc seldom learnt from mistakes...and jos...well

Not ideal I know, I would be happy if he could persuade Klinsman...or add suitable name here....it ain't going to happen.

So, just being realistic. Especially as the options are probably; coleman, zola(or similar), unknown, bullen.

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Yep, but you know what, we will end up with someone off the 'list'. A potential good manager, or a known good manager will want dosh, we can't spend any.

If I am right, I can't see the point, given the list of canditates.

If he tried to poach someone (I don't think he would btw) He would have reyt job persuading them to come here.

Also think Bullen had a very difficult start first year, with more than half the first team injured. Anybody would have had problems.

2nd year he had to dismantle all the 'good work' :rolleyes: jos did and start from scratch and with some players still out, yet still did ok.

I agree the Hull game was a bit apeshyte, but CC had dozens of games like that and jos had hundreds, I reckon Bullen learn't from it, cc seldom learnt from mistakes...and jos...well

Not ideal I know, I would be happy if he could persuade Klinsman...or add suitable name here....it ain't going to happen.

So, just being realistic. Especially as the options are probably; coleman, zola(or similar), unknown, bullen.

We have got a squad capable of promotion so why settle for somebody who is not up to the job 

If he wants management go down the lower leagues and learn your trade 

Dont practice with us and ruin any chance of promotion  

And I think it's absolutely fantastic that Chansiri has circulated his list of candidates 

If Bullen gets the job it will save me loads of travel time and money