outstanding legal issues

They haven’t agreed to the contractual compensation payment. Hence why we failed to recognize him as NUFC boss / accept resignations.

Doing so would potentially be judged as accepting the 4m offer on the table. 

Pretty standard. And actually NUFC now announcing it puts us in a stronger positions 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

They haven’t agreed to the contractual compensation payment. Hence why we failed to recognize him as NUFC boss / accept resignations.

Doing so would potentially be judged as accepting the 4m offer on the table. 

Pretty standard. And actually NUFC now announcing it puts us in a stronger positions 

NUFC will have presumably thought they were in a robust position to do what they have done also if they have paid a contractual amount for all three. I don’t think they’d have walked otherwise.  WednesdY might have a different interpretation. Can’t see a quick or simple resolution or separate settlement given the nature of it all now.

Just hope we get to keep the 3m quid or whatever it is and find a new manager ASAP. 

Can see this becoming a major, and drawn out legal issue from which only the lawyers will benefit.

The club need to move on now, get a new manager in place and realise it’s the season ahead that more important than any of this haggling over compensation.

The only precedent I remember unsurprisingly involved Bruce and Crystal Palace  and was eventually settled out of court for half what Palace were claiming.

4 minutes ago, Blatter said:

The only precedent I remember unsurprisingly involved Bruce and Crystal Palace  and was eventually settled out of court for half what Palace were claiming.

Nothing to stop us moving on. More than money at stake here, Ashley's reputation is on the line :biggrin:

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Nothing to stop us moving on. More than money at stake here, Ashley's reputation is on the line :biggrin:

Fine if we do move on, Just don’t want it to overshadow the main task in hand.

18 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Can see this becoming a major, and drawn out legal issue from which only the lawyers will benefit.

The club need to move on now, get a new manager in place and realise it’s the season ahead that more important than any of this haggling over compensation.

it's as if i haven't posted that 3 times this week  :laugh:

I knew this scenario would happen and now our only lever to get paid out in full is how quick they want him to take charge    tbh i don't know if they can just flout any injunction surely we have to involve the EFL   trouble with billionaires is they know if the sh*t hit the fan  they can buy themselves out of anything   ashley is by all accounts a tight fisted one tho