Odds For The New Manager

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fair enough, seems like it wasn’t made as soon as they were placed in one ?  Still it would probably be nice if we put something out there for the fans ... only been rumoured for months and months

I do still get the feeling the EFL don’t like it to be discussed though, which I find strange 

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The truth of the two failed seasons is easy to pinpoint..we were decimated by injuries in the first and in recovery (but hampered by a bad manager) in the second.

It's been conveniently overlooked imo..

You know theres no place for fact on Owlstalk mate

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t think it is, just being realistic. Ultimately the spine of our team has been together for a good number of years now. The past 2 seasons we finished mid table. For me this summer was about making some tough decisions and reshaping the squad. We made a start but it’s nowhere near where I hoped it would be.

Yeah that's about right. I know it's a taboo subject but I trusted Bruce with his opinion on the squad and he reckoned we needed 6, so we've got 3 and are 3 short. I suspect we will get 3 prem loans but that all hinges on the new man. 

If everyone stays fit and we get another wide player a centre back and a CM or FB of good standard then top 6 will be easily achievable. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Team looks decent on paper to me. 

We've added some pace which we've sorely lacked. 

Yeah, I'd like to see two or three more additions, but I don't think we are miles off. 

This division doesn't look all that strong to me. 

Remember reading posts like this last season, and the one before... hope you’re right.

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

The truth of the two failed seasons is easy to pinpoint..we were decimated by injuries in the first and in recovery (but hampered by a bad manager) in the second.

It's been conveniently overlooked imo..

There are some mitigating factors which contributed to those two so-so seasons. 

Carlos having been past his sell by date, the hangover of a second consecutive play off defeat. 

You then had Jos who was a complete disaster and pretty much ruined our season by November. 

2 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Yeah that's about right. I know it's a taboo subject but I trusted Bruce with his opinion on the squad and he reckoned we needed 6, so we've got 3 and are 3 short. I suspect we will get 3 prem loans but that all hinges on the new man. 

If everyone stays fit and we get another wide player a centre back and a CM or FB of good standard then top 6 will be easily achievable. 

I trusted Bruce’s views too, his assessment of the squad and what was needed was consistent from the time he arrived.

Need to address the balance, lack of pace and too many strikers. He’s added the much needed pace but the balance and the striker situation still needs sorting. Tough when you’re under an embargo and if reports are true, are putting high transfer values on certain players. 

Bruce leaving is a big dent to our hopes too, really need to get this managerial appointment spot on to give the players and fans a boost. 

For me we are about 4-5 players short. 

CB

LB

CDM

Winger 

Striker 

Borner a bit of insurance in case we don’t get Hector back. Fox not good enough at LB. Penney could kick on but that’s being wishful at this early stage. 

Pelupessy not adequate cover for Hutch, we need better. Harris very promising start so far but we also need the same type of player on the other wing to give us a genuine counter attack option. 

None of our current strikers can play off the shoulder of the defenders and stretch the opposition. We need that threat to have defenders on their heels. 

The right manager could make the difference and get the best out of the current bunch so here’s hoping we get the right man for the job. 

Guest LondonOwl313
15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There are some mitigating factors which contributed to those two so-so seasons. 

Carlos having been past his sell by date, the hangover of a second consecutive play off defeat. 

You then had Jos who was a complete disaster and pretty much ruined our season by November. 

And then we played back at the required level to be contenders in the second half of last season.. so this season there’s optimism if it wasn’t for the cabbage situation. First 6 games are key as they all look winnable.. so let’s see if we can get a good start for once

Interesting outcome to a series of polls on the Sheffield Wednesday Transfers Facebook page tonight. Only three of the top fourteen favourites with Sky Bet managed to get greater than 50% approval from Owls fans.

Untitled2.png

Edited by RyanSWFC

Just now, marcx666 said:

Why do you think I did that post the other day, I'll do anything to avoid Pulis, Rowett, Coleman and Monklol

The betting list is like one of those films like Hellraiser, Saw or Cube or something, where the characters are trapped in a nightmare situation with seemingly no way out and whatever they do, it just gets worse... WTF::ghoulguy:lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RyanSWFC said:

Interesting outcome to a series of polls on the Sheffield Wednesday Transfers Facebook page tonight. Only three of the top fourteen favourites with Sky Bet managed to get greater than 50% approval from Owls fans.

Untitled.png

You got to love the 7% that voted for a guy they had almost certainly never, ever heard of.  lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

The betting list is like one of those films like Hellraiser, Saw or Cube or something, where the characters are trapped in a nightmare situation with seemingly no way out and whatever they do, it just gets worse... WTF::ghoulguy:lol

Told you mate, tagline from Aliens vs Predator. "Whoever wins, we lose"

• Haha 2