Odds For The New Manager

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Missed owt ?

Still no clue what’s going on ?

Just missed plenty of premature eye gouging... :ph34r:

Still no-one's got a clue yet but we all have turned into Victor Meldrew's, Father Jack's and Bernard Black's. Due to the prospect of one of the many disastrous names getting appointed... WTF::duntmatter::ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ultimately this will be a big thing for the more desirable managers.

This is merely my opinion..but I think we've got enough for a competent manager to get us top six...a cm would be desirable but it could wait til January with carefully picked teams..

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is merely my opinion..but I think we've got enough for a competent manager to get us top six...a cm would be desirable but it could wait til January with carefully picked teams..

Spot on Costello.  UTO 

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

You might have to....

While you're on.. have you any connection to the lad who said he'd stop posting if the snake slithered? Owlsonline? I seem to remember you two chatting..if so tell him to come back and stop being a silly beggar..

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Unfortunately don’t think our midfield is good enough. We haven’t got the balance right in the middle and haven’t for years. Relying on Hutch and Lee is a big ask every season. Bannan can’t do it all by himself and Joey for all his effort I don’t think is quite good enough. On the wings Harris looks a good player but Cardiff fans put big question marks on his fitness record whilst down there. 

I don’t think our fullbacks are good enough either. Odubajo has looked decent, but again he was out for a long time with injury. Are we asking a bit much from him straight away?

Bruce got us playing reasonably well, we had a nice new manager bounce, but we still stumbled against the top sides in the league at the time. Villa and Leeds. At least 3 new additions needed for me to consider the play offs. 

Unfortunately don’t think our midfield is good enough. We haven’t got the balance right in the middle and haven’t for years. Relying on Hutch and Lee is a big ask every season. Bannan can’t do it all by himself and Joey for all his effort I don’t think is quite good enough. On the wings Harris looks a good player but Cardiff fans put big question marks on his fitness record whilst down there. 

I don’t think our fullbacks are good enough either. Odubajo has looked decent, but again he was out for a long time with injury. Are we asking a bit much from him straight away?

Bruce got us playing reasonably well, we had a nice new manager bounce, but we still stumbled against the top sides in the league at the time. Villa and Leeds. At least 3 new additions needed for me to consider the play offs. 

You make fair points.. but it has the whiff of a doomsday scenario..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

While you're on.. have you any connection to the lad who said he'd stop posting if the snake slithered? Owlsonline? I seem to remember you two chatting..if so tell him to come back and stop being a silly beggar..

Me? Nah, wrong person, I can barely tolerate any of you at the best of times, let alone having a connection with you degenerates. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

You make fair points.. but it has the whiff of a doomsday scenario..

Don’t think it is, just being realistic. Ultimately the spine of our team has been together for a good number of years now. The past 2 seasons we finished mid table. For me this summer was about making some tough decisions and reshaping the squad. We made a start but it’s nowhere near where I hoped it would be.

Team looks decent on paper to me. 

We've added some pace which we've sorely lacked. 

Yeah, I'd like to see two or three more additions, but I don't think we are miles off. 

This division doesn't look all that strong to me. 

• Like 1

Don’t think it is, just being realistic. Ultimately the spine of our team has been together for a good number of years now. The past 2 seasons we finished mid table. For me this summer was about making some tough decisions and reshaping the squad. We made a start but it’s nowhere near where I hoped it would be.

The truth of the two failed seasons is easy to pinpoint..we were decimated by injuries in the first and in recovery (but hampered by a bad manager) in the second.

It's been conveniently overlooked imo..

• Like 1