Out Of Respect

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Fair enough. I just struggle to see how any Wednesday fan could support Bruce after all this. He won’t be here for long, and we need to move on ASAP. 

I've said numerous times that i don't care about Bruce if he goes fine we'll get a new guy in and we'll be fine 

It's a bug bear of mine i admit this faux outrage when anyone does anything that can remotely be perceived as slight against the Club when all said and done all that's happened is Bruce has got an approach form a Premier League club and he fancies managing in the premier league, as far as we can tell he's gone about it in a professional manner, getting DCs permission to talk to them, and now he's getting on managing Wednesday until anything changes 

I would have no problem supporting a Steve Bruce Wednesday side if it all falls through 

Bruce saying hopefully the clubs can find a compromise also annoyed the f**k out of me. We don't need to compromise ffs. The interview today was an attempt to make out like he's just a bystander in all this. Total bo!!ocks. 

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Bruce saying hopefully the clubs can find a compromise also annoyed the f**k out of me. We don't need to compromise ffs. The interview today was an attempt to make out like he's just a bystander in all this. Total bo!!ocks. 

Why ?

Did you not know what we all know he wants the job 

The video version of the interview is worse, his body language is appalling, he smirks when they ask if he wants to manage Newcastle!

The ‘compromise’ comment has annoyed me the most. Time and time again you hear players and managers say they’re happy to leave if their parent club gets compensated fairly. Well DC has named a fair price, but Bruce obviously feels DC should ‘compromise’ on that to give Bruce and Ashley what they want. We’re still paying his wages and he’s coming out with nonsense like that! 

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I don't know maybe you are one of the Twitter trolls giving Alex abuse online as reported by Victoria on Fosters show yesterday 

Im not even on Twitter mate ... didn’t know about that ... I’m referring to the previous twitter spat 

I guess the recent alleged trolling has come from the geordies 

Maybe you are on of the three Steve’s? 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I've said numerous times that i don't care about Bruce if he goes fine we'll get a new guy in and we'll be fine 

It's a bug bear of mine i admit this faux outrage when anyone does anything that can remotely be perceived as slight against the Club when all said and done all that's happened is Bruce has got an approach form a Premier League club and he fancies managing in the premier league, as far as we can tell he's gone about it in a professional manner, getting DCs permission to talk to them, and now he's getting on managing Wednesday until anything changes 

I would have no problem supporting a Steve Bruce Wednesday side if it all falls through 

It’s not faux outrage. Footballers and managers get paid a kings ransom, and expect to do as they wish with no comeback. 

As for supporting a Steve Bruce Wednesday side - I’ll always support the club, but not Steve Bruce. Game Over for me. 

8 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I think people are missing the fact that it's Mike Ashley's shythousery manner that this has stemmed from.

Going to the press and telling them that Bruce is desperate for the job is about as underhand as it gets. 

It could have played out in a completely different way had he not. 

If he'd approached Chansiri asking for permission prior to anything hitting the press, then it's completely different imo.

Bruce isn't blameless in this, but he's essentially in a position where Mike Ashley has virtually announced him leaving before he has. 

The club should be complaining about him being tapped up because it seems to be about as blatant a case as I've ever seen.

I'd love to see this end in tears for Ashley, and Bruce tell him where to stick the offer.

Actually i think this was more Talksport than Ashley 

Martin Lipton was on there last Monday banging on about how much Bruce would want the Job and that was as Ashley was offering it to Allardyce if Allardyce is being honest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The video version of the interview is worse, his body language is appalling, he smirks when they ask if he wants to manage Newcastle!

The ‘compromise’ comment has annoyed me the most. Time and time again you hear players and managers say they’re happy to leave if their parent club gets compensated fairly. Well DC has named a fair price, but Bruce obviously feels DC should ‘compromise’ on that to give Bruce and Ashley what they want. We’re still paying his wages and he’s coming out with nonsense like that! 

This. 100%.

Just now, vulva said:

It’s not faux outrage. Footballers and managers get paid a kings ransom, and expect to do as they wish with no comeback. 

As for supporting a Steve Bruce Wednesday side - I’ll always support the club, but not Steve Bruce. Game Over for me. 

I don't support Bruce i support the teams that take the park if he's still the manager ill support the side he puts out 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Why ?

Why did the poster find it annoying that our manager said that we need to compromise on a contract he signed in order to let him leave? That's what you're asking?

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Im not even on Twitter mate ... didn’t know about that ... I’m referring to the previous twitter spat 

I know what you were referring to i was just pointing out how stupid its got or getting 

I don't personally know if Alex Bruce has been abused but have reason to disbelieve what Victoria said on RS 

Just now, Sonny said:

Why did the poster find it annoying that our manager said that we need to compromise on a contract he signed in order to let him leave? That's what you're asking?

he didn't he said its upto the clubs to come a compromise before anything happens 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I don't support Bruce i support the teams that take the park if he's still the manager ill support the side he puts out 

Would you not get on his back, if he continually picked players that were not not good enough like Jos did, whilst better players sat in the stands?

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Why ?

Stop being so naive or playing ‘devils advocate’ for the sake of it.

Theres been rumours for a month on this and he will have known about it. Of course he wants to go and I hope we get too dollar for him and we recruit Chris Hughton asap. 

Bruce has done this 4 times before - he clearly has no morals and he’s in it for the money. He shouldn’t manage another game for Wednesday!