Out Of Respect

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

probably but as it wasn't Man U then its a moot point and not even worthy of debate 

I think it is, as it shows the contempt he has for this football club. 

Lets not forget coaching staff have lost jobs, players released and players signed on the back of Bruce. The impact is huge, and whichever way this situation is spun, Bruce has come out it really badly.

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

He doesn't and i don't know Bruce, i presume neither do you, so don't know why he felt he should other than the fact that he's interested in taking the job which is a fact we all know

No I don't know him and it doesn't matter that I don't. When you do something 'out of respect' it's because you want to uphold some admiration or honour to someone as you'd be rude if you didn't. Like an obligation. He chose to respect Newcastle and disrespect Wednesday, who he actually does have an obligation (contract) to. It's nothing to do with him wanting the job or not. It was a cheeky monkey thing said by a man acting like cheeky monkey.

Guest gizowl

Bruce should have been contacted by DC first, telling him they'd asked for permission to speak to him and DC had reluctantly agreed as they were prepared to pay any compensation due, so the fact he went to meet them without official consent doesn't look good on him, and his dog must have been fuming waiting for its walk,hope it shat all over the house. 

The bloke has nowhere to go has he really after his comments today. I wonder if he knows Ashley is going to cough up after the weekend?

He's going to look bloody stupid at Northampton if there's still no deal. At this rate Brexit will be done before this is.:Sid:

Makes you laugh doesn't it. "Had to speak to them out of respect" like there was no choice in the matter. I read he'd turned them down twice in the past, did he not respect them then???? Let's be frank, they are less respectable under Ashley than they have ever been!

Just now, vulva said:

I think it is, as it shows the contempt he has for this football club. 

Lets not forget coaching staff have lost jobs, players released and players signed on the back of Bruce. The impact is huge, and whichever way this situation is spun, Bruce has come out it really badly.

I disagree 

The point they tried making was picking a club he has obvious affinity with and is one of if not the biggest club in the world and trying to stupidly juxtapose an offer to manage them as opposed to us a club he has no affinity with and to make an equivalency between the two which doesn't exist 

I could easily do the same thing in reverse and ask if he would have done the same if say QPR had come knocking ...........its a pointless comparison as was the Man U one 

Not said much on this all week because I was waiting until the club made a statement or an interview from Bruce. 

I’ve only read what Dom Howson put on twitter and if there his exact words I must admit I’m quite disappointed in Bruce. Clearly wants a move and basically told us he’s only staying here if he can’t get a better offer elsewhere. 

Hopefully it will be sorted by Monday and we can get our new manager in place before we fly out to Germany.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Yes cos thats exactly the same as a bloke changing or wanting to change jobs

Same principle. even if he said "I felt I had to talk to them" would have been a hell of alot better than "out of respect for Newcastle"

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I disagree 

The point they tried making was picking a club he has obvious affinity with and is one of if not the biggest club in the world and trying to stupidly juxtapose an offer to manage them as opposed to us a club he has no affinity with and to make an equivalency between the two which doesn't exist 

I could easily do the same thing in reverse and ask if he would have done the same if say QPR had come knocking ...........its a pointless comparison as was the Man U one 

Fair enough. I just struggle to see how any Wednesday fan could support Bruce after all this. He won’t be here for long, and we need to move on ASAP. 

Very disappointed with that interview. Why does he need to respect Newcastle? We pay his £2m pa wages. 

Hes done this 4 times before and whilst I thought he was a ‘good guy’, he’s quite clearly got no morals or scruples and he’s just in it for himself and the money. 

Lets get top dollar for him and bring Hughton in asap! 

Just now, S72 Owl said:

Not said much on this all week because I was waiting until the club made a statement or an interview from Bruce. 

I’ve only read what Dom Howson put on twitter and if there his exact words I must admit I’m quite disappointed in Bruce. Clearly wants a move and basically told us he’s only staying here if he can’t get a better offer elsewhere. 

Hopefully it will be sorted by Monday and we can get our new manager in place before we fly out to Germany.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_sheffield

15.14 it starts ( if you an Oasis fan 3 or 4 mins before they play "She's Electric before the interview lol ) listen to it to my mind he said nothing untoward 

I think people are missing the fact that it's Mike Ashley's shythousery manner that this has stemmed from.

Going to the press and telling them that Bruce is desperate for the job is about as underhand as it gets. 

It could have played out in a completely different way had he not. 

If he'd approached Chansiri asking for permission prior to anything hitting the press, then it's completely different imo.

Bruce isn't blameless in this, but he's essentially in a position where Mike Ashley has virtually announced him leaving before he has. 

The club should be complaining about him being tapped up because it seems to be about as blatant a case as I've ever seen.

I'd love to see this end in tears for Ashley, and Bruce tell him where to stick the offer.