Official: Accounts published

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Will you just stop with the abuse?  

I post what I feel is relevant, hide when good news comes? No I dont it’s just you jump a

over anyone who has concerns so you only notice me in threads like this, 

look bakc at my history again I will say with unwavering certainty that my stance is and was the same even pre Chansiri regarding running a steady ship rather than going for bust. 

Just because someone doesnt have the same views as you doesnt doesn’t make it wrong, I do t believe we splashed the cash mainly because we couldn’t, we had restrictions over the past year and a bit, we had to reel it in. 

Anyhow you and me will never agree but please stop swearing and trying to insult me or other posters who have different views

Abuse? I've stated you post rubbish and told you why - that's my opinion, not abuse.

I've backed up my comments as you asked me to do so, provided ample examples to which you don't reply - you repeat the same old stuff which is completely contradictory to the evidence presented to you - all whilst presenting nothing yourself. It's the act of a sleeper cell, here to cause trouble.

Point me to your last positive post and I'll go and read it.

Sh*te isn't swearing.

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Going by a quick check our accounting losses are now

May 2016  £9.6m

May 2017 £20m

July 2018 Profit £2m

So say £28m - caveat is this is not necessarily the FFP position but nearest we will know 

So £9.6m will drop out but July 2019 figures will add in 

Given the changes are only in the summer 2019 then I can see a loss of £20m easily for the season just finished - with no Plan B (well we could sell the training ground !)

I think just plodding along we will be upto the FFP limits on a rolling basis 

Will the repayments from the £60M owed not help with FFP?

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

He hasn’t payed for it yet, but crack on with your spy theories, you have been reading far too many fantasy books. 

lol

Give over!

MK has told you it's £7.5m a year - for 8 years. Just like I ain't paid my mortgage in full yet, but the house deeds are in my name and I'm liable for the debt.

Guest mkowl
8 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Only sleeper cells Wednesday fans could complain that Mr Chansiri has sold the stadium he owned, to himself, for £60m when it is worth 10% of that! lol

You going to tell the Chartered Surveyor who has put his professional reputation on the line and the local firm of auditors that signed this off that they are wrong 

There is a book profit of £2m but there are some very worrying figures in those accounts players wages from the play off final season have risen from £29m to £42.5m so with the £8m dropping off this season from the players that left that leaves us around the £35m mark for wages which is £12m more than our incomes for the 17/18.

Putting it in laymans terms we are losing £12m a season with no other costs accounted for 

Add to that we amortised another £10m on players contracts with another £17m left to amortise over their contracts.

Yes we sold the stadium but what do we do now our costs for wages are up to the limit of P&S without any other costs such as signing players, running costs for the club etc.

We are ok this season but very worrying signs for the season to come. 

6 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Pointless calling back the loans unless there are sufficient funds to fulfil them.

Bit of a pointless point.

I'm suprised no one who had a house repossessed in the 90s have come back to you on this..

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Will the repayments from the £60M owed not help with FFP?

No - that is just paying back a debt 

It is not turnover so irrelevant for FFP 

the one off hit for FFP  is the £38m profit shown in these accounts 

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

To value it at £60m? No, I'll shake his hand though!

It is based on very technical guidance based on replacement cost of the stadium less residual life left 

It is not on the value of the land as an housing estate or car park 

2 minutes ago, pussface said:

I'm suprised no one who had a house repossessed in the 90s have come back to you on this..

Completely different scenario. It would be like repossessing the house from yourself. A third party (bank) is involved with the aforementioned.

40 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

We'll see?

The big spending stopped ages ago pal, wakey wakey.

The lesson has been learned, the lesson has tried to be rectified with the stadium deal, and yes we could have continued throwing money around and been unable to register players and got a points deduction like Birmingham.

How about see the full picture? Chairman chased dream, Chairman was somewhat naive, Chairman has done what he can to repair the damage, and now judge him on what he actually does now... then that wouldn't be in a sleeper cell agenda, would it?

It used to be bedwetters, then a cabal. Now it’s a sleeper cell. How about change it to concerned Wednesdayites? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

May 2016  £9.6m

May 2017 £20m

July 2018 Profit £2m

So say £28m - caveat is this is not necessarily the FFP position but nearest we will know 

Given the changes are only in the summer 2019 then I can see a loss of £20m easily for the season just finished - with no Plan B (well we could sell the training ground !)

The worry for me looking at the account is the wages £42m for the season ending 2017/18 we then had a few leave in Wallace and Semedo but brought in the 4 loans players

So last season wages bill could be around the £40m market with turnover around the £27-28m mark we are at the P&S limits just with wages. this close season we have lost maybe £8m on wages but then added 3 new players so we could this season be already losing over the P&S Limit again without anything else.

We need to massively cut that wage bill get rid of players not playing or loan out what we can or this time next year we once again will be under embargo but that time no stadium or players to sell.

Yes its great we have found a loop hole this season but clearly there is no long term plan to getting the finances in order.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

You have been abusive 3 times alone in this thread, I have backed up all my concerns with foundations of why I’m concerend. I think a most of what you post is bizzare but I am not abusive to you. I just don’t agree. 

Either debate without abuse or ignore my posts. 

Use my profile if you want to find other posts, I was defending the chairman in the bruce thread. If I think he’s done something good I say so, I just think a lot of what we are doing isn’t good for our long term future. 

Like me I said if you don’t agree then fine , but stop being abusive and yes Sh#te is swearing. No need

Report the posts then.

It's bizarre that I've given actual examples as evidence for my opinions? lol

Football doesn't look good for the future - at our level. Sadly, that's the way it is and there is nothing we can do about it. You can blame P&S, TV money, and parachute payments for that, not Mr Chansiri. He's simply a rich man who tried his best to back us to promotion; and like 21 clubs each season in the Championship, failed.

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

May 2016  £9.6m

May 2017 £20m

July 2018 Profit £2m

Will there be any more contracts written off in the July 2019 figures do you think? 

Sorry for the daft question but I'm a daft person :biggrin:

At least we're the right side of FFP, without restriction of an embargo and free to manage our own affairs. 

Nothing much has changed, we still need to sell players and recruit replacements. We bit the bullet and released several high earning  players at the end of last season, recruitment going forward looks to be based on a more sustainable model. 

We've done good business so far with frees, while retaining the core of a decent team. Still plenty of work to do both in and crucially players out. We need to be realistic with fees, but have avoided a fire sale. 

Edited by striker