Official: Accounts published

22 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Must have got Eadon, Lockwood and Fiddle Sheffield Estate Agents to value stadium.

How has it gone from £23 million four years ago to £60 million now?

In a flood zone. With local property inflation at around 5% per annum.

And our operating losses are over past 3 years are incredible.

You seem gutted we got £60m 

Wonder why. 

Guest mkowl
20 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

To be fair, I'm just copying what @mkowl said, someone who is far more knowledgeable than me, or you, or anyone else on this dump about this stuff :Sid:

Well it would have had to be suitably qualified expert 

I promise you the auditor can not accept any old guff 

Guest mkowl
28 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Must have got Eadon, Lockwood and Fiddle Sheffield Estate Agents to value stadium.

Well I think I may have done their accounts about 23 years ago 

But all the points you are making have zero influence over how the stadium is valued for accounting purposes

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well it would have had to be suitably qualified expert 

I promise you the auditor can not accept any old guff 

I beelive you, its why I quoted you mate, why you think I wanted to block everyone else from this thread so I can just read your take. Again, lost puppy at this time of year :Sid:

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well I think I may have done their accounts about 23 years ago 

But all the points you are making have zero influence over how the stadium is valued for accounting purposes

May be they used GAAP , or more like Enron / Parmalat/ Carrillion / Debenhams method for tangible asset / sales valuations.  

Edited by fred mciver

37 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

As MK has said it's the re-build value of the stadium not alternative use value. If signed off theirs at £81m ours at £60m seems low, but probably in the ball park once you take their ancillary assets into account.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

As MK has said it's the re-build value of the stadium not alternative use value. If signed off theirs at £81m ours at £60m seems low, but probably in the ball park once you take their ancillary assets into account.

Wonder if the whole Sheffield 2, 3, 4 etc is to do a similar thing with things like the training ground etc, help in any future P&S prombles

Guest mkowl
10 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

May be they used GAAP , or more like Enron / Parmalat/ Carrillion / Debenhams method for tangible asset / sales valuations.  

I won't question the professionalism of the valuation firm that undertook this or the auditors who have accepted it.

I have got out of auditing because the scrutiny and regulation was becoming far too burdensome - that world has changed post those events you refer to.

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

Going by a quick check our accounting losses are now

May 2016  £9.6m

May 2017 £20m

July 2018 Profit £2m

So say £28m - caveat is this is not necessarily the FFP position but nearest we will know 

So £9.6m will drop out but July 2019 figures will add in 

Given the changes are only in the summer 2019 then I can see a loss of £20m easily for the season just finished - with no Plan B (well we could sell the training ground !)

I think just plodding along we will be upto the FFP limits on a rolling basis 

Thanks for this. May be more room though as there are various ad backs that are discounted for FFP so we never know the figure the club is working to.

13 minutes ago, Minton said:

Wonder if the whole Sheffield 2, 3, 4 etc is to do a similar thing with things like the training ground etc, help in any future P&S prombles

The key is substantial interest and ownership. The SWFC training ground is on a long lease with around 50 years left, which reduces the valuation. 

18 minutes ago, Minton said:

Could buy out D Taxis and Elev8 for a few million then rent them back :Chansiri:

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Thanks for this. May be more room though as there are various ad backs that are discounted for FFP so we never know the figure the club is working to.

True or it could be worse if they challenge the ground valuation or lack or rent being paid

Guest mkowl
48 minutes ago, londonowl said:

So, ignoring the rest of the accounts...

Income £25.2m

Wages £42.4m

That's a £17.2m loss before paying any other costs whatsoever against an allowable £13m per season.

Yep this bit is getting overlooked

Of course the wages will include others not just players but that is what 160% of turnover 

50 minutes ago, londonowl said:

So, ignoring the rest of the accounts...

Income £25.2m

Wages £42.4m

That's a £17.2m loss before paying any other costs whatsoever against an allowable £13m per season.

That's insane. Wages being 168% of turnover is beyond irresponsible. 

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I understood the delay in all this was hearing back from the EFL so hopefully it’s been begrudgingly accepted.

It's an hypothesis not fact that this could be the reason for the delay