Official: Accounts published

Not sue why anyone is celebrating any of this, and giving Chansiri any credit for such a clever move. It's a last ditch way of solving problems that were completed self-imposed by a naive and reckless owner. 

We made a £2.5M profit after making £38M on the sale? So without the sale it would have been a £35M loss IN ONE YEAR?? That is a disgrace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shtommer said:

Not sue why anyone is celebrating any of this, and giving Chansiri any credit for such a clever move. It's a last ditch way of solving problems that were completed self-imposed by a naive and reckless owner. 

We made a £2.5M profit after making £38M on the sale? So without the sale it would have been a £35M loss IN ONE YEAR?? That is a disgrace.

Yeh get the Caskateers back 

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
9 minutes ago, Quadzilla said:

Are next year's accounts at 10 months or 12 months?

To 31st July 2019, filed by April 2020

7 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

For the simple folk (like me)

Can we spend this window?

How long are we safe for?

Many thanks,

Mr Thicko.

£21M loss in 2017-18

£3M profit in 2018-19

(approx)

So we can make an £11M loss in 2019-20 without breaching FFP, very roughly.

We're not going to be splashing the cash this season, and I think that if we're not there or thereabouts in January we'll need to sell someone like Reach.

Edited by WC1Owl

2 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

£21M loss in 2017-18

£3M profit in 2018-19

(approx)

We're not going to be splashing the cash this season.

Aren't those figures for 16/17 and 17/18, not sure 18/19 Is due yet. 

I'm reasonably sure DC would have been working to keep us within the FFP limit considering expected numbers from 18/19 accounts when due. 

For next season I.e 19/20 We will have a £2m profit from 17/18, most likely £20m loss or thereabouts for 18/19 plus what we do this year in our three year FFP cycle. 

4 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

£21M loss in 2017-18

£3M profit in 2018-19

(approx)

We're not going to be splashing the cash this season, and I think that if we're not there or thereabouts in January we'll need to sell someone like Reach.

These are 17-18 accounts

15-16 9m loss

16-17 20m loss

17-18  3m profit

So we can lose no more than 22m in the 18-19 accounts which end in a few weeks.as we have similar costs in this period we could do with selling someone be it player or manager

33 minutes ago, mkowl said:

No 

Unfortunately in accounts there is a world of difference between money going in and out of a bank account and whether that counts as revenue and expenditure

Sorry I appreciate for folk this is all appears bjollocks but flip them it pays my mortgage :Sid:

Ok thanks for clarifying. So in essence this doesn't change that much anything as regards to our bottom line

18 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

£21M loss in 2017-18

£3M profit in 2018-19

(approx)

that was our scenario this January as well

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

All joking aside it seems that DC has used some creative accounting to help swerve FFP, while it may seem a clever move this is akin to remortgaging your house with no backup available if it all goes belly up.

If SB does go to Newcastle then DC must get the next managerial appointment absolutely right because if we dont get the promised land then we are up the creek without a paddle.

Critical times. 

I disagree. Worst case scenario we find a buyer willing to buy the stadium for £68m!

:Chansiri:

Guest Jack the Hat
45 minutes ago, shtommer said:

Is it a loss or is it that Chansiri has invested unsuccessfully. Years of no investment now we moan because we invest too much .

To summarise;

• We are out of the embargo
  • We can do deals
  • We can't go crazy with fees/wages
  • Still need to sell players

So long as we have a bit of money to play with i'm happy.

1 hour ago, shtommer said:

It's also not exactly rocket science to pick a sale figure that conveniently results in posting a profit. If that figure needed to be £48m, surely it just as easily could've been.