Official: Accounts published

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Hows about not being abusive and then no one has to report posts,  is it really so hard to not be abusive?  I would hate to be your cat

Saying you're posting sh*te isn't abusive bud.

Me too, the wife is a vet and he's due his balls off - they'll be gone when she comes home tonight!

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Depends on what you mean by mis-management.He took a gamble which failed but WITH HIS OWN MONEY.Did nothing wrong or illegal.Feel sorry for him but the only other person/chairman to spend loads of money was Dave Richards but he didn't have lots of money himself so couldn't get us out of the financial mire thereby putting the club at risk,unlike Chansiri who has backed all his decisions with his own money.Should he really be criticised so much.Those who do so should be very careful what they wish for.            Wednesday ( and whoever owns them or plays for them ) will always get my backing.Thats what true fans do,dont they?

1 minute ago, striker said:

At least we're the right side of FFP, without restriction of an embargo and free to manage our own affairs. 

Nothing much has changed, we still need to sell players and recruit replacements. We bit the bullet and released several high earning  players at the end of last season, recruitment going forward looks to be based on a more sustainable model. 

We've done good business so far with frees, while retaining the core of a decent team. Still plenty of work to do both in and crucially players out. We need to be realistic with fees, but have avoided a fire sale. 

Avoiding sales is what has driven this situation. Its a given we need to recruit frees etc. That is good business. But without selling players at a profit to generate revenue we will just keep losing year after year. We have had opportunities amd just havent done it. We cant afford to do that.

Our revenue stream is paltry vs costs. The whole ethos needs to change. Becuase at the moment its nothing short of pitiful.

Can someone clarify how the stadium sale is 60m when the line item in the accounts is 38m and media reporting 38m?

If it was 60m, surely we didn’t lose 57.5m before this transaction?

Not stirring or point scoring here before anyone starts. Genuinely interested 

Another point of interest, how does a sale in July 2019 become valid in accounts up to 31st July 2018?

2 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Depends on what you mean by mis-management.He took a gamble which failed but WITH HIS OWN MONEY.Did nothing wrong or illegal.Feel sorry for him but the only other person/chairman to spend loads of money was Dave Richards but he didn't have lots of money himself so couldn't get us out of the financial mire thereby putting the club at risk,unlike Chansiri who has backed all his decisions with his own money.Should he really be criticised so much.Those who do so should be very careful what they wish for.            Wednesday ( and whoever owns them or plays for them ) will always get my backing.Thats what true fans do,dont they?

No. I dont back stupid decisions

Guest mkowl
6 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Will there be any more contracts written off in the July 2019 figures do you think? 

Sorry for the daft question but I'm a daft person :biggrin:

Yes - it is accounting standards

I won't bore folk even more on this but if you buy a player for 8m on a 4 year contract you allocate £2m per season for those 4 years 

So there will always be a sum per year

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

As for the bottom bit, I agree football i general is deep in trouble, but I just think at like I said this is my view, that owners like ours aren’t  helping the game or us.  It really is becoming a gamble at all costs, and it puts lower league teams like us In Trouble. 

I keep saying it and I know I will get negged to death for this but do you really think Chansiri is doing this for anything other than trying to get to the prem and make money ( maybe even sell us).  

He didn't even  know  the club five years ago.  I just want to see us stabilise our club for the future if that means we don’t take silly gambles then fine, some fans have different views and would rather see us gamble at all costs. For me that isn’t right but each to their own

Amen. Sadly, when an owner has invested probably the best part of £200m to get to the Premier League, there is no way he's going to let that investment dwindle down and end up with a team/set up in place destined for League One (and more P&S misery).

Honestly believe football is too expensive for even clubs like ours to come close to competing, even at the top end of the Championship. Us, without a loaded Chairman, has very little chance - you have to get lucky like United/Huddersfield/Cardiff (who all still registered significant losses to get there - just not as crazy as ours!).

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, rob1601 said:

Can someone clarify how the stadium sale is 60m when the line item in the accounts is 38m and media reporting 38m?

If it was 60m, surely we didn’t lose 57.5m before this transaction?

Not stirring or point scoring here before anyone starts. Genuinely interested 

Another point of interest, how does a sale in July 2019 become valid in accounts up to 31st July 2018?

Sale value = £60m

Cost of the stadium in the historic accounts = £22m

Profit = Sales value - Cost now allocated against sale 

Profit = 60 - 22

= 38m figure in profit and loss account

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Get a stress ball mate, the posts don’t need to be so angry , im just a fan, and have been all my life, I just don’t want to see us taking risks that could see us pop and not exist. We were close last time under DA and we had far less debt then. 

You dont have to agree with me but I feel there are many concerns to be raised with something as big as this. 

I hope to god my worst case thinking mentality is wrong but yeah my backside does twitch a bit knowing that our stadium is owned by a third party in hing lomg and if anything happens it could be sold on and we might not receive hardly anything for it.  Yep again all worst case scenario but ......

If you took offence then I can only apologise. This forum is full of negativity, even when a good chunk of the reasoning behind that negativity is proven to be inaccurate. That, and losing Brucey makes me unhappy!! lol

Guest mkowl

We lost about 36m before this transaction

26m real loss

10m writing off the value of the players contracts as required per accounting standards 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Sale value = £60m

Cost of the stadium in the historic accounts = £22m

Profit = Sales value - Cost now allocated against sale 

Profit = 60 - 22

= 38m figure in profit and loss account

Thanks. - can you clarify my other question too about July 2019 transaction used in July 2018 accounts?

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I won't bore folk even more on this but if you buy a player for 8m on a 4 year contract you allocate £2m per season for those 4 years 

Thanks. I just can't get my head around our losses going up from £20m to £35m from 17 to 18....who did we buy or add to the wage bill? 

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Thanks. I just can't get my head around our losses going up from £20m to £35m from 17 to 18....who did we buy or add to the wage bill? 

Rhodes will have added to that surely? And Jos

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

the like for like is about £25m to 14m on what I would say are day to day running costs

2 additional months of losses in June and July when no income 

Impact of previous player purchases fully shown as a years wages 

Who knows without access to the detailed analysis 

Guest mkowl
6 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

Thanks. - can you clarify my other question too about July 2019 transaction used in July 2018 accounts?

Boring point - accounting standards

You can show a transaction if the contract was in place at 31st July 2018 - does not need to have been legally completed by that date 

It is unusual though 

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Sorry for bothering you mate.  I'm sure you've got something more productive to do. Could the club have taken advantage of this 'windfall' to shorten the amortisation period on players contracts? 

41 minutes ago, mkowl said:

You going to tell the Chartered Surveyor who has put his professional reputation on the line and the local firm of auditors that signed this off that they are wrong 

Ahhh

You mean 

DC chartered surveyors Ltd

And

The Elevate auditing company Ltd? 

lol

• Haha 1