Official: Accounts published

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

If that's allowed then the key takeaway is you can just make a number up for your stadium value and tack it onto FFP. The tangible assets for the club in 2017 were valued at £26.9m, so fizz knows how the stadium alone is worth £38m

It's worth whatever somebody's willing to pay for it.

Probably a bidding war between Chansiri's dog and Chansiri's cat.

• Haha 9

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Posted a £2.6m profit :Sid:

:Chansiri:

Is that before David Jones' salary taken into account? 

Without the sale of the stadium, is that £35m losses for one season? Some accountant-person, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Can't be right surely?

And there are still fans that are happy with how we're being run? I guess we passed P&S, so nowt else matters. Crikey. 

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Without looking at the accounts, that means without the stadium sale, 35.4m loss. Wow!

Seems an unbelievable sum. 

I'm not accountant so wouldn't know but could the huge loss be because the stadium asset of circa £25m has been lost from the accounts & therefore last seasons operating loss would actually be about £10m.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, domSWFC said:

Could this be described as "cooking the books? "

Reckon they've been stir-fried in soy sauce. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Wouldnt go that far. It's the result of terrible mismanagement that has led us to this. 

But alas he has stood up to the plate and he looks to have done the business, literally. 

For all his bashers on here he wants what we all want at the end of the day... success.

How things will be when he leaves us is another matter but for immediate future we look in ok shape. 

• Like 1

Just now, mogbad said:

Seems an unbelievable sum. 

I'm not accountant so wouldn't know but could the huge loss be because the stadium asset of circa £25m has been lost from the accounts & therefore last seasons operating loss would actually be about £10m.

That would make a modicum of sense and actually make losses somewhat reasonable (the state of football today where a little less than a million quid lost every month isn't too bad... ffs...)

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Without the sale of the stadium, is that £35m losses for one season? Some accountant-person, please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Can't be right surely?

And there are still fans that are happy with how we're being run? I guess we passed P&S, so nowt else matters. Crikey. 

We have to drastically change direction, because if not we will be back here again in 3 years and this time we will have no stadium to flog. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

We have to drastically change direction, because if not we will be back here again in 3 years and this time we will have no stadium to flog. 

Or we could get promotion and solve it all in one short visit to the closed shop that’s the premier league 

Guest mkowl

£38m profit 

So we have sold for a lot more than that 

Think nearer 60m - would have to do the maths properly

There is a debtor of £52.5m - but I think some of the money has come in

Couple of immediate interests 

1) The new holding co in Hong Kong registered 

2) DC put in £40m in that period 

it doesn't matter anyhow..

Jupiter is about to shift course which will erode the earths magnetic field

which means we have no protection against the violent solar winds which

would strip away our atmosphere and we would basically become the same as Mars. i.e lifeless

Other than that, well done DC. Creative thinking deserves an A*

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Can't be right surely?

You are right

It does include £10m on the amortisation of player contracts 

So the day to day operational loss was £25m 

6 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

Omg have you seen the wage bill.......

That is last season's accounts, we have lost a huge chunk of that with the departures of Hooper, Abdi, Boyd, Matias, Jones and Pudil.