Nuhiu Wanted

Guest gizowl
7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I would think it is pretty obvious from most of the replies in this thread that even some of the most ardent of pro-Nuhiu people realise that the guy is there in a support role providing something different from the bench and is largely an understudy to Fletcher. That DOES NOT mean Bruce wants rid of Nuhiu as I am sure you well know. Almost everyone would agree that Fletcher has a better all round game but misses a considerable amount of game time through injuries. That is when Nuhiu steps in. Or when Fletcher is pulled off the field late in matches.

Save your breath mate, there determined to drive him out and think its going to be easy to bring better in even though we haven't got the finances. 

Really don't get the hate for Nuhiu at all. Obviously not a world beater, but a good option off the bench absolutely. Defenders hate it when he comes on and because they will man mark him no matter what (often with two) then space is created. Yes he is limited but his temperament is better than some (Fessi, Joao) and he gives his all. 

A solid squad option at this level and obviously happy to sit on the bench, hope he is involved in a similar capacity next season

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, Ian said:

You must have got some grief when you were playing in the Prem........did they not explain to you that it comes with the territory and is just one of the reasons that you got paid more in a month than most people get in a year?

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

You must have got some grief when you were playing in the Prem........did they not explain to you that it comes with the territory and is just one of the reasons that you got paid more in a month than most people get in a year?

Jealousys an evil thing, but if your knocking him because of what he's earning, then he shouldn't be top of your list, theirs players at Hillsborough earning far more and doing a lot less for it. 

4 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Jealousys an evil thing, but if your knocking him because of what he's earning, then he shouldn't be top of your list, theirs players at Hillsborough earning far more and doing a lot less for it. 

Jesus, that took some reading.....and guess what?......I’m not knocking him for what he’s earning, my comments are generally about his lack of ability and athleticism......my comment about his wages was to point out to you that footballers expect criticism and the wages they get takes that in to account

Although I am interested in who you think the players are that are earning far more and doing a lot less for it?

Edited by Ian

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Really don't get the hate for Nuhiu at all. Obviously not a world beater, but a good option off the bench absolutely. Defenders hate it when he comes on and because they will man mark him no matter what (often with two) then space is created. Yes he is limited but his temperament is better than some (Fessi, Joao) and he gives his all. 

A solid squad option at this level and obviously happy to sit on the bench, hope he is involved in a similar capacity next season

Some people aren't happy unless their ripping somebody to pieces, and apparently according to Ian its also because he earns more than him, why the hell go to the games when they feel like that is beyond me. 

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Jesus, that took some reading.....and guess what?......I’m not knocking him for what he’s earning, my comments are generally about his lack of ability and athleticism......my comment about his wages was to point out to you that footballers expect criticism and the wages they get takes that in to account

Although I am interested in who you think the players are that are earning far more and doing a lot less for it?

That's my personal opinion, and I'll not come on here giving names at least while they still play for us, and like I've said if SB selects them to play next season, I'll cheer them on, that's what proper SUPPORTERS do. 

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Some people aren't happy unless their ripping somebody to pieces, and apparently according to Ian its also because he earns more than him, why the hell go to the games when they feel like that is beyond me. 

Right that’s one time too many....it’s “they are” (two separate words) or they’re (a combination of the two)....not fvckin their......make sure you swot up on these before your GCSE in a couple of years

Just now, gizowl said:

That's my personal opinion, and I'll not come on here giving names at least while they still play for us, and like I've said if SB selects them to play next season, I'll cheer them on, that's what proper SUPPORTERS do. 

Proper supporter and Ballon D’or winner......I doff my cap to you

Guest gizowl
13 minutes ago, Ian said:

Proper supporter and Ballon D’or winner......I doff my cap to you

Yep thats me Ballon D'or winner, I'll just end this with, just say their is a better striker out of contract, to replace Nuhui, how much would he cost with agents fees, signing on fees and wages, look at Fletchers wages and players are demanding even more now, so yes you and the other knockers will need to raise a few million to replace Nuhui. 

8 hours ago, gizowl said:

Yep thats me Ballon D'or winner, I'll just end this with(, ??) just say their is a better striker out of contract, to replace Nuhui, how much would he cost with agents fees, signing on fees and wages, look at Fletchers wages and players are demanding even more now, so yes you and the other knockers will need to raise a few million to replace Nuhui. 

:tango: 6/10

Edited by Colinwestzicoest

9 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Because , this forum and our fan base as a whole have numerous simpletons . They don’t realise it’s a squad game and you have different options for different situations . Nobody in their right mind would call him our star man, but only a half wit would refuse to acknowledge his uses 

9 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

I think about 80% would agree with every word of this.

12 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Because , this forum and our fan base as a whole have numerous simpletons . They don’t realise it’s a squad game and you have different options for different situations . Nobody in their right mind would call him our star man, but only a half wit would refuse to acknowledge his uses 

It’s a squad game and the better your squad, the better the results will be. If you have weak links in the squad then when these players are required results will suffer.

i would rather have a decent option from the bench in instead of throwing a wardrobe on because it’s hard to mark. If we are relying on that then no wonder the previous managers who have selected him have failed miserably.

i don’t buy in to this cult hero crap that some many of our fans love. Not good enough for us and we should get rid is my opinion.

I think a lot of Wednesday fans have a soft spot for a trier, that maybe isn’t technically the best - Chris OGrady, Semedo, Lee Bullen etc but we’ve got a lot of strikers and he’s probably the bottom of the bunch, if there’s any offers we’ve got to listen. Personally, though I think it’s the biggest myth going the he ‘always gives his all.’ The amount of times I’ve seen him saunter about, or not jump for headers he could have won. For as much as people say they don’t get the hate for Nuhiu, I don’t get the over support of him, as if he’s some sort of hidden gem. All opinions but he’s a league 1 level striker for me.

20 minutes ago, Prince said:

It’s a squad game and the better your squad, the better the results will be. If you have weak links in the squad then when these players are required results will suffer.

i would rather have a decent option from the bench in instead of throwing a wardrobe on because it’s hard to mark. If we are relying on that then no wonder the previous managers who have selected him have failed miserably.

i don’t buy in to this cult hero crap that some many of our fans love. Not good enough for us and we should get rid is my opinion.

Let's look at this one from a factual perspective rather than a Nuhiu knocking perspective. Dave Jones signed Nuhiu when the club had little other options available because of financial constraints. Until the season Carlos was sacked and Jos took over, the club improved its league standing EVERY SINGLE SEASON including two play off campaigns. Yeah, of course nobody claims that it was all down to Nuhiu but he was part of the squad during that time and was picked on a regular basis.

The season when Carlos was sacked, Nuhiu became one of the most important players in the squad filling in for players that were earning two or three times his salary and comprehensively out performing them. Indeed, if it wasn't for the goals that Nuhiu scored that season and his all round contribution, we would have highly likely suffered relegation to League One. The run of form at the back end of that season (of which Nuhiu was a key contributor) resulted in a comfortable mid table finish when things could have been a whole lot worse.

This season that has just finished, Nuhiu was a disappointment but so were a number of other players. Thankfully Fletcher actually managed to get in some time on the field so we were covered. But it still led Bruce to declare that Nuhiu was part of his plans going forward. We will have to wait and see how that transpires.

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Let's look at this one from a factual perspective rather than a Nuhiu knocking perspective. Dave Jones signed Nuhiu when the club had little other options available because of financial constraints. Until the season Carlos was sacked and Jos took over, the club improved its league standing EVERY SINGLE SEASON including two play off campaigns. Yeah, of course nobody claims that it was all down to Nuhiu but he was part of the squad during that time and was picked on a regular basis.

The season when Carlos was sacked, Nuhiu became one of the most important players in the squad filling in for players that were earning two or three times his salary and comprehensively out performing them. Indeed, if it wasn't for the goals that Nuhiu scored that season and his all round contribution, we would have highly likely suffered relegation to League One. The run of form at the back end of that season (of which Nuhiu was a key contributor) resulted in a comfortable mid table finish when things could have been a whole lot worse.

This season that has just finished, Nuhiu was a disappointment but so were a number of other players. Thankfully Fletcher actually managed to get in some time on the field so we were covered. But it still led Bruce to declare that Nuhiu was part of his plans going forward. We will have to wait and see how that transpires.

Picking him on a regular basis and not having better to choose from could be argued is the reason it was playoff disappointments and not automatic promotion. As for his season last time being disappointing, I would say that his time here apart from when he wanted a contract is best described as disappointing. His goal scoring record is horrendous at worse and at best described as poor. 

Limited ability players are not what I want to see turning out for us. I want decent players picked on football abilities not because they are a big unit and get in the way of defending opponents. If he around next season then it will be disappointing for me as I hope for better.

I get that some on here like to cheer on the underdog but he needs to be replaced if we have any ambition of promotion in my opinion as it’s a weakness in the squad.

Guest gizowl

In a ideal world, I'd like better ability players in most positions, reality predicts otherwise, Nuhiu is a bit part player, but with our financial constraints at the moment, he's one I like to be in the 16.West Ham paid 8 mill for Hugill, Cardiff paid 6 mill for Madine and they're no better than Nuhiu, to get someone better at the moment is possibly beyond our budget atm. Just look at the silly figures been talked about for championship strikers like Maupay and ollie Mcburnie, way out of our price range unless we reach the prem, or the Nuhui haters have a whip round. 

15 minutes ago, Prince said:

Picking him on a regular basis and not having better to choose from could be argued is the reason it was playoff disappointments and not automatic promotion. As for his season last time being disappointing, I would say that his time here apart from when he wanted a contract is best described as disappointing. His goal scoring record is horrendous at worse and at best described as poor. 

Limited ability players are not what I want to see turning out for us. I want decent players picked on football abilities not because they are a big unit and get in the way of defending opponents. If he around next season then it will be disappointing for me as I hope for better.

I get that some on here like to cheer on the underdog but he needs to be replaced if we have any ambition of promotion in my opinion as it’s a weakness in the squad.

No it couldn't - there are possibly 50 or 60 reasons that could be given as reasons for the play-off failures over and above anything to do with Nuhiu. Maybe you could ask why a player earning at least double what Nuhiu does failed to convert a gilt edged opportunity then backed out of taking a penalty in the shoot out. I would think that Nuhiu realises his own limitations (though the anti-Nuhiu Sect is now trying to spin that one as well) but he contributes to overall team and squad ethic to a point that would put other so called better options to shame.

My feelings about this "He only tried when he needed a new contract":

That is all well and good but to achieve something in life, you need to first have the capability to do it. It might work in Greek legend or the Bible where someone can just summon up hidden strengths to overcome short term objectives, but in real life it just doesn't happen. People are either capable of doing something or they are not. It is utter gonads to suggest any player could raise their own performance level to that extent with view to getting a new contract then just simply switch it back off when the new contract is safely in the bank.