New kit

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Have we withdrawn last season's kit from sale? If not then I doubt that's the issue.

I was wondering about this.

If the delay is due to the trademark then how come we were able to release last seasons kit? Both of them are still on sale btw.

12 minutes ago, Woozie said:

I was wondering about this.

If the delay is due to the trademark then how come we were able to release last seasons kit? Both of them are still on sale btw.

Last season's kits were already released when the guy trademarked WAWAW.

EDIT: actually, I'm wrong. It was registered on 29th June last year. The same day the club released the images of the kits.

Edited by punkskaphil

Said it a few times on here... away kit was supposed to be out yesterday. My old man was told this by the staff in the shop a few weeks ago.

Someone said on Twitter that they’d asked Chansiri yesterday & he too said it was supposed to be out but there was a problem with quality/printing. He denied it being because of WAWAW. 

1712C151-4F2E-4E91-91D4-C18425DE0ADB.jpeg

Edited by 19owl08
Photo added
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

It’s sod all to do with the WAWAW issue is my educated guess. 

The jennings guy will be shown as a chancer should this get to court, and fans have been saying ‘we’re all Wednesday aren’t we’ for decades so ‘intellectual copyright’ is already established.

According to the Intellectual Property Office's site, the status of the trademark is: "cancellation filed/awaiting defence".

Presumably until this is resolved the kits can't be released.

12 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Last season's kits were already released when the guy trademarked WAWAW.

It was filed in March and was registered on the 29th June. The kit didn't go on sale until the 1st July.

14 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Said it a few times on here... away kit was supposed to be out yesterday. My old man was told this by the staff in the shop a few weeks ago.

Someone said on Twitter that they’d asked Chansiri yesterday & he too said it was supposed to be out but there was a problem with quality/printing. He denied it being because of WAWAW. 

1712C151-4F2E-4E91-91D4-C18425DE0ADB.jpeg

We just don't learn do we

24 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

It’s sod all to do with the WAWAW issue is my educated guess. 

The jennings guy will be shown as a chancer should this get to court, and fans have been saying ‘we’re all Wednesday aren’t we’ for decades so ‘intellectual copyright’ is already established.

There's also this listed at companies house.

WAWAW LIMITED

09410350 - Incorporated on 28 January 2015

Travarian 43 High Lane, Ridgeway, Sheffield, United Kingdom, S12 3XF

21 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

There's also this listed at companies house.

I might have been wooshed here but I'm still going to point out that setting up a Ltd Company with WAWAW in the title, is completely different to registering it as a trademark.  I personally wouldn't be overly impressed at having my details posted on a forum where a thread has descended into people assuming that any use of WAWAW is behind the delays in launching out new kit. 

Yes, I'm aware that the Directors details are in the public domain via Companies House, but fail to see what relevance they are to this particular thread.  

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

What on God's holy earth is that monstrous thing!

gPbhyNB9Vpde0.gif

Came across it on FB. Away kit is  rumoured to be pink so I reckon someone has then just knocked up