New kit

Having had experience in professional clubs the biggest hold up is securing a sponsor.

Once you have that you're away as you already have a kit deal in place unless you have negotiated a new one (which you do up to a year ahead of the lapse of an old deal).

Bear in mind the Chairman is the sponsor so we can release the kit when we want to if we have our house in order.

Months in advance we agree on a design with the supplier, then its down to the factory lead time (can be 9-12 weeks) depending on if we go standard delivery or expedited (£) to get further up the waiting queue.

In this case the only reason we can't have it when we want is internally driven. 

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

kit date was surely this sunday ,must now be put back indefinitely due to legal reasons regards wawaw .if club sold 10000 shirts and then a judge says we don't own wawaw then what? im no legal expert but I will be surprised if we suddenly get a update tomorrow and kits are announced they are going on sale this sunday . was it 2-3 years ago it was November before they went on sale? the way our legal system works might be lucky if its xmas this year. 

This is the reason Ive been told 

2 hours ago, tarn owl said:

So if the new kit is not released before Owls in the Park is it an issue? To try and gauge this i looked at the premier league, 10 out of the 20 teams have not confirmed their kit for next season yet. So whatever the reason we have not brought the kit out yet, as long as it is here before the new season then we should be ok. My GUESS is the plan was today and maybe the WAWAW controversy has caused a delay. Ah well, not the end of the world. Just excited to see it to be honest, but understand if lawyers have said to hold back until that is resolved.

This could only happen to Sheffield Wednesday.

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

kit date was surely this sunday ,must now be put back indefinitely due to legal reasons regards wawaw .if club sold 10000 shirts and then a judge says we don't own wawaw then what? im no legal expert but I will be surprised if we suddenly get a update tomorrow and kits are announced they are going on sale this sunday . was it 2-3 years ago it was November before they went on sale? the way our legal system works might be lucky if its xmas this year. 

If this is true, and the judge rules in our favour

I hope Chansiri takes Jennings to the cleaners for every penny he's got

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Right, forgive me, but i've only read the last few pages.

Was the official kit release date supposed to be this Sunday?

Has the kit actually been delayed and is it because because of WAWAWgate?

Has Jennings actually asked for any money off Wednesday?

Is everyone just having a moan because of a total media blackout?

I think DC needs to leak a few things out to prevent the gossip and guessing from being too negative. 

10 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Right, forgive me, but i've only read the last few pages.

Was the official kit release date supposed to be this Sunday?

Has the kit actually been delayed and is it because because of WAWAWgate?

Has Jennings actually asked for any money off Wednesday?

Is everyone just having a moan because of a total media blackout?

I think DC needs to leak a few things out to prevent the gossip and guessing from being too negative. 

No,

Nobody knows.

Don't think anyone knows.

Yep. And no idea where this testicles about a media blackout has come from, there has been at least one bit of news almost every day since the 17th June

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/news-archive/?

Perhaps rather than DC leaking news, people who gossip and guess could just stop being so baselessly negative?

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I honestly can't see the kit not being revealed / available being down to the WAWAW copyright issue. Even if it were then club should probably announce it as such and make this Jennings look a total C unit. 

Agreed. If the WAWAW design is the same as it has been on previous shirts then the club could just argue in court that the letters are actually WAWAVV

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dan™ said:

I'd be surprised if we see the kit at Owls in the Park... As of last week we were the only club out of the 72 not to have submitted our reference designs to the EFL yet.

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Didn't know you had to submit designs to the EFL. How do you know that we have not submitted?

Not doubting you by the way, just interested.

Any update on this Dan?

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:47, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No he hasn't PBO yet ...

but a guy took a swing at me and couldn't reach me chin 

lol

I reckon it was Rocket or Ian.....:Sid:

It might have been that little chap that vulva keeps beating up down the Moor, FFS. The poor little bugger has a pathological hatred of anything Wednesday related now :Sid: 

• Haha 2