New kit

22 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

Tell you what, I really would love our badge if it was just this.

Simple but nice detail.

Probably more suited to away yellow shirt

27C1C786-B7A4-454D-B2FC-B1D8011A7BC3.jpeg

The owl doesn’t look too impressed. 

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2019 at 22:47, Ash76 said:

I think it would only be possible if it can be proved that Paul Jennings has registered WAWAW to deliberately damage the club. 

Lad who knows him told me he owns a vape shop and was advised on 2 in house products called WAWAW and Greasy Chip Butty vapes

someone told him he would have trouble if his products were opposed so he set up 2 copyrights one for both products

any copyright apparently has 12 weeks to be contested which the pigs did but guess what we never did so if this is true its another bit of business gone wrong

hes still a tail though!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Lad who knows him told me he owns a vape shop and was advised on 2 in house products called WAWAW and Greasy Chip Butty vapes

someone told him he would have trouble if his products were opposed so he set up 2 copyrights one for both products

any copyright apparently has 12 weeks to be contested which the pigs did but guess what we never did so if this is true its another bit of business gone wrong

hes still a tail though!

A vape business and a scaffolder?

Busy fella.

Edited by markowl

34 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

hes still a tail though!

Pretty much what I was told. Didn't know about the United one though, could be have found out blunts had this trademarked already?

BUT. Why trademark it for every possible useage?

Why contact the club and get a solicitor involved?

If he really wanted to protect "his" brand then why not just use the slogan for his own goods?

All about the money

• Haha 1

It would appear to me that most of the normal protocols of trade marks and copyright have not been followed here. There are detailed procedures to be followed including public notification, whether the wording is already in the public domain or whether an existing company already has regular use. In this case, the club has used WAWAW for several years before the application so would have had to be notified legally to comment or raise objection.

As usual, it can only happen at Wednesday and there has to be more to the story. 

I don’t care about WAWAW and would be happy in future to associate it with those who wish to damage our club. 

1 hour ago, S1Owl said:

Saw this on Twitter, folks saying it's the new shirt.. Took a pic but can't find it anywhere naa. 

FB_IMG_1561988756226.jpg

That’s a design from a website called concept kits so don’t think it’s official

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Copyright is the delay 

Presumably we have a stockpile somewhere of produced kits bearing the WAWAW logo which is this pig's "trademark" which is why they're not on sale yet.

If I was Chansiri I'd release it anyway and if Jennings wants to legally challenge it then let him pay to take it to court - it's him who'll lose out if the case goes against him, and we can prove that we were using it on our kit for several years before he claimed ownership only a year ago whereas he can't claim to have used it on a single product and has clearly only registered it to try and make money from the club.