Julian Borner

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Not so sure about that. Don't forget, Hector had his critics first coupla months. We were shipping goals in first half of the season - even with Hector. Jos out = better defence all round. 

Yeah, but they were wrong, he was always good. Obviously things really picked up when Westwood was reinstated 

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Not suggesting Van A is the answer but there must be something in there for Bruce to work with.  

Others will no doubt come in during the season.

As for Hector, as much as he, we, whoever else may want him back it will come down to wages and unfortunately we will struggle to compete here.

If we are in for the German guy, a left footer, I suspect Van Aken will be off

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah, but they were wrong, he was always good. Obviously things really picked up when Westwood was reinstated 

More to it than that. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, gurujuan said:

You mean Jos not having a clue, although he did recruit Hector

If you say so. I doubt he knew much about Hector or Onomah, to be honest. He didn't grasp much over here. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

If you say so. I doubt he knew much about Hector or Onomah, to be honest. He didn't grasp much over here. 

You are probably right Do you think the German guy is Bruce’s man, or is this more of the same?

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

You are probably right Do you think the German guy is Bruce’s man, or is this more of the same?

I suspect Börner will be recommendation from the recruitment team he brought with him from Villa. I doubt Bruce has secretly been jetting off to watch Bundes2. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I suspect Börner will be recommendation from the recruitment team he brought with him from Villa. I doubt Bruce has secretly been jetting off to watch Bundes2. 

Doyens representative was involved in talks...

• Thanks 2

Interesting little video clip....looks a reyt clown. Diving header is stretching it a bit, looked more like he got down on both knees and used the top of his head...unbelievable Jeff! Somebody drive him back before he gets here...please!

• Haha 3

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, richowl said:

Doyens representative was involved in talks...

Really? Oh my, that doesn't sound good. Here I was believing Bruce was running the show... More fool me. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Really? Oh my, that doesn't sound good. Here I was believing Bruce was running the show... More fool me. 

Agents and agencies are widely involved across football. The fact that one may have been involved in alerting Bruce to the availability of Börner isn't necessarily a bad thing, no matter how often certain Owlstalkers try to paint a charicature of Doyen as the boogeyman. 

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Agents and agencies are widely involved across football. The fact that one may have been involved in alerting Bruce to the availability of Börner isn't necessarily a bad thing, no matter how often certain Owlstalkers try to paint a charicature of Doyen as the boogeyman. 

There's only one boogeyman... John Wick. 

Guest ka58
40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we are in for the German guy, a left footer, I suspect Van Aken will be off

I would rather see van aken given another chance rather than sign this lad to be honest.

2 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I would rather see van aken given another chance rather than sign this lad to be honest.

Thorniley should be ahead of Van Aken he's better and less injury prone.

Guest ka58
8 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Thorniley should be ahead of Van Aken he's better and less injury prone.

I don’t disagree but I’d just question signing a 28 year old German second division player.