Julian Borner

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

I flew over, talked to those responsible, completed the medical check-up and signed it," explains Börner.

I wonder why it hasn't been announced by the club.

Probably because he signed the medical not the contract. He admits it in that quote.lol

3 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I flew over, talked to those responsible, completed the medical check-up and signed it," explains Börner.

I wonder why it hasn't been announced by the club.

That's literally our medicals. A form saying

Are you fit?  Yes/No

Delete as applicable and sign below

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

ting 

Erm, I think you stand the distinct possibility of picking up a  WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOSH on the Gerry Young one, buxton lol 

I well remember in 1961, I  was living in Shields and attending Newcastle Uni..Back home in Hoyland , we had a Supporters Club branch Dinner which I attended.

Gerry was sitting opposite me, and, fascinated by his accent, I asked him where he  came from. 'You'll not have heard of it, it's a small village called Primrose Hill, between Jarrow and Felling' was his reply. 'Went through it yesterday' I said truly.  We became speaking acquaintances, and afterwards, I found by accident  that one of his regular water holes in Fountain Square. He never changed. 

1 hour ago, darra said:
Full name Wilfred Samuel Smith
Date of birth 3 September 1946 (age 72)
Place of birth Neumünster, Germany

He was the son of a British Soldier, serving in W.Germany, and a German mother. He was christened WOLFGANG, and his name was changed by Deed Poll when the family returned to England when he was 4 years old. He was registered as British. 

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Bit of confusion here, methinks. 

Wilf Smith was born of an English Father, serving in the British Forces in W.Germany, so could possibly have taken German citizenship, but was brought up entirely in England, and never claimed German citizenship

As for Gerry Young, he was born and bred in South Shields, and was brought up in a little village called Primrose Hill, between Felling and Jarrow. He may have sounded strange to S.Yorks folk since he always spoke with a  broad Geordie accent, even when having a pint in the City centre pub he frequented.

I think if he was  born in germany to a german woman and named wolfgang it's fair to say that herr borner is not the first german to play for us