Julian Borner

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’m very upset by this. It obviously means Hector isn’t coming back. Devastating !!

Guest gizowl
12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m very upset by this. It obviously means Hector isn’t coming back. Devastating !!

How do you work that out, SB has already said he's in contact with Chelsea, trying to find a way to bring him back, however we don't know what Chelsea are wanting, it might be out of our reach, hopefully not, but we've still got to have good alternatives for that position and SB may have wanted someone with more experience than Thornily, trust in SB. 

9 minutes ago, gizowl said:

How do you work that out, SB has already said he's in contact with Chelsea, trying to find a way to bring him back, however we don't know what Chelsea are wanting, it might be out of our reach, hopefully not, but we've still got to have good alternatives for that position and SB may have wanted someone with more experience than Thornily, trust in SB. 

Bruce has nothing to do with these signings, it’s in the hands of Doyen 

Only joking, but this guy is a left sided centre back, surely Hector could still come in on the right

Edited by gurujuan

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He must have some say but if not he won't be sticking around for much longer.

Edited by s6 owl
  • Haha 1

Guest gizowl
28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Only joking, but this guy is a left sided centre back, surely Hector could still come in on the right

I'm sure to start with if we get Hector back he'll be first choice in that position, but I think it's going to be a drawn out negotiation with Chelsea, they'll be wanting most of their outlay back, and if they have other interested parties it will be more difficult to barter, this is possibly why we've signed Bonar so we're not left short when the new season starts. 

We need options.

You can't put all your eggs in one basket and hope Hector comes in. Fingers crossed he will, but we will be looking at other targets. Plus, we need depth.

Just makes me laugh that some people see a foreign name and instantly assume Doyen etc. Steve Bruce has been managing for 20 years. Call it a hunch, but I reckon his scouting network will extend beyond South Yorkshire. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, SiJ said:

We have some weird f00king fans. 

We have some total knobs too!!  How can you not be upset by our player of the season not coming back? Are you actually a Wednesday fan??

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, gizowl said:

If that is what’s happening I’d be over the moon but I highly doubt this lad is coming over to be a reserve.

I don't think we'd go into the season with just Lees, Hector and Thornily as  CB options. 

We've just released last seasons  back up  so Hector still on if possible. Seems Bruce wants experienced cover at CB. 

Borner can also play midfield, so covers a couple of positions, important if trimming squad size. 

So we had:

Lees

Thorniley

Van Aken

Anyone who who doesn’t understand this signing is nuts. All three of the current CB’s have questionable injury records and one of them isn’t proven. Hector is still in the planning but it’s all in for him so we had to find a cheaper option for a back up. 

Still think hectors on along with Lee's Borner and ifora (wants to play CB and was signed for there) we would have great options. Van arken finished here. Wouldn't be suprised if thornley allowed another loan. Also give flexibility to go 3 at back or still with 4. Palmer and ifora battle rb. Palmer can cover left back. Leaves need for one lb and that's back 4 sorted. Onto the wingers and shifting out fox van arken willall