Julian Borner

Just now, Mr Hooper said:

People are crazy.

They hear the word 'rebuilding' and get all excited and want to sell EVERYONE.

and that’s the last thing we want It’s hard enough having to bring in 5 or 6 people on little, or no money, without replacing the whole team Beware of too much upheaval

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Because as good as Tom Lees has been for us he has him limitations and they are becoming more and more apparent. He got a lot better towards the end of last season but he is slower and looks as cumbersome as ever with the ball at his feet. I am not saying he is finished with us at all, however....

Thorniley looks ready for championship football and looks to have most of the good attributes that Lees has plus with better ball and organisational skills. I think this is the time he steps up to being first choice CB (hopefully with Hector) and as others have said he looks like a future captain to me.

This is not a Lees bashing post at all its a Thorniley praise one.

I think Bruce would rather have an experienced back line. I'm sure Thorniley will get his chances through suspensions and injuries but can't see him as a first team starter under Bruce. 

Westwood, Lees, Borner, Palmer, Iorfa hopefully Hector and a new experienced LB would be fantastic imo.

Penny, Thorniley and Co have just got to be ready if the opportunity arises. For me they are not quite ready but that said I do rate them highly. 

59 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Herr kann die opposichten forwaerts gefukten mitt eine mitie kik in dem nutz.

Das ist serr gutt meine liebchen.

(my old German master, Wilhelm Woelhardt, would cringe if he could see this).

• Haha 1

Sounds pretty done and dusted.

Said his goodbyes to the club. Only knocked back Norwich last season because he didn't want to move his family last year but seems ready to now. 

Captain for the past 2 years and still only 28. 

Sounds really good value on a free

3 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Sounds pretty done and dusted.

Said his goodbyes to the club. Only knocked back Norwich last season because he didn't want to move his family last year but seems ready to now. 

Captain for the past 2 years and still only 28. 

Sounds really good value on a free

Top principles, Turned down £36k PW  to join Norwich last year because of family reasons ! 

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

And still have a valid point with Bannan, think we play better without him.

We don't play better without Bannan.

27 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

We don't play better without Bannan.

Look at the Norwich game. Look at the west brom game. Our performances were much more energy based in those games and we played very well in both.

So as good of a player as Barry is I do believe we play better without Bannan in the side.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Look at the Norwich game. Look at the west brom game. Our performances were much more energy based in those games and we played very well in both.

So as good of a player as Barry is I do believe we play better without Bannan in the side.

But look at all the games where our performance has been brilliant and Bannan has ran the show.

Edited by s6 owl