Julian Borner

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Anyone considering the idea that Lees might be one of the 'diffcult/ unpopular' sales to generate some cash for rebuilding

This guy could be part of the rebuilding...one of the 4 CBs we need

Would be pointless, as we’d then have to replace him and Hector

Plus, we need to be careful we don’t undermine any of the continuity we’ve built up, especially as the defence has looked pretty solid Recently I’ve seen posts advocating new full backs, right and left, now Lees on top of the Hector departure, it’s too much upheaval 

Edited by gurujuan

Tom Lees and Hector second half to season was incredible 

A great defensive record all around of course - but the turnaround is ridiculous, if we can't get Hector then fair enough but to turf Lees out? 

And Thorniley for Lees?!?! What are people smoking. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
57 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Calm down.

Take some valium or someit. 

In no way shape or form does signing this guy mean we are not bringing Hector in. 

Actually read through what you've posted in here and it'll dawn upon you how hysterical and ridiculous you're coming across. 

It’s not hysterical. I genuinely don’t see is getting Hector if we are signing this lad. No way will he come and sit in the bench. If you are happy to lose our player of the year then fair enough but I’m not. Best cb we’ve had in about 15 years!!

13 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

How you can say Thorniley should be in front of Lees next season baffles me.

Because as good as Tom Lees has been for us he has him limitations and they are becoming more and more apparent. He got a lot better towards the end of last season but he is slower and looks as cumbersome as ever with the ball at his feet. I am not saying he is finished with us at all, however....

Thorniley looks ready for championship football and looks to have most of the good attributes that Lees has plus with better ball and organisational skills. I think this is the time he steps up to being first choice CB (hopefully with Hector) and as others have said he looks like a future captain to me.

This is not a Lees bashing post at all its a Thorniley praise one.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

A great defensive record all around of course - but the turnaround is ridiculous, if we can't get Hector then fair enough but to turf Lees out? 

Last two games of the season and under Jos, Tom was abysmal. He played very well in between. Would take Hector and dump Lees though if I had to choose.

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Because as good as Tom Lees has been for us he has him limitations and they are becoming more and more apparent. He got a lot better towards the end of last season but he is slower and looks as cumbersome as ever with the ball at his feet. I am not saying he is finished with us at all, however....

Thorniley looks ready for championship football and looks to have most of the good attributes that Lees has plus with better ball and organisational skills. I think this is the time he steps up to being first choice CB (hopefully with Hector) and as others have said he looks like a future captain to me.

This is not a Lees bashing post at all its a Thorniley praise one.

I agree that Thorniley looks good, but he's certainly not good enough to push Lees out of the side.

For all the stick Lees gets, when he was out last season it was hugely apparent how much we missed him.

We look a much better team with Lees in the side.

7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

It’s not hysterical. I genuinely don’t see is getting Hector if we are signing this lad. No way will he come and sit in the bench. If you are happy to lose our player of the year then fair enough but I’m not. Best cb we’ve had in about 15 years!!

He isn't ours to lose. He could stay with Chelsea or move, permanent or loan, to another club and there's very little we can do about it.

17 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Whilst I love that we're connected to someone already. Is a mid-table Bundesliga 2 team that good a source for a player?

There are players in Championship teams that nobody thinks of as Premiership players but if their team got promoted they would step up and surprise people. I suspect Borner is similar, good at the level he's playing but potentially has the ability to go to another level.

It might take a while for him to adjust to the Championship but when he does he could be a star.

In Bruce we trust.

24 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Whilst I love that we're connected to someone already. Is a mid-table Bundesliga 2 team that good a source for a player?

This is a point.  That league is absolutely garbage.

I'm not getting too excited but I'll look forward to seeing him step up to the challenge.

27 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Well many of Norwich and Huddersfields sides were bought from the 2nd tier of Germany. 

57 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Are you on crack? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

People are crazy.

They hear the word 'rebuilding' and get all excited and want to sell EVERYONE.