Julian Borner

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

If that is what’s happening I’d be over the moon but I highly doubt this lad is coming over to be a reserve.

No reputable player comes to sign as a reserve. They sign to b a member of the squad pushing for a first team place  you need more than 11 players. You also need squad members that push the first team and for that you need players who back their own ability. I don't see this signing automatically meaning that we wont sign hector or any other quality centre half 

This doesn’t mean we’re dropping our interest in Hector. We’ve got one proven central defender at the club currently, and he’s quite injury prone.

Expect us to sign two center halfs, hopefully one will be Hector. 

Edited by Shezza

SB wants Hector, no question. Fulham have a 40 million parachute payment so if they are serious we can't match their offer. We have to accept that and be looking at other options to improve the squad. If Hector wants to come here, and we can afford him, even better.

Van Aken is probably one of the players we could easily sell if we price him sensibly.

Anything from 1m - 1.5m should be affordable to the Dutch top flight teams. His wages shouldn’t be too high as well 

So getting cash in for a player who never plays and replacing him with a free transfer seems like good business to me.

You know we could even be going three at the back and I can’t see Tom lees being in a central three the halls like a hot potato with him

iorfa hector Börner

odobajo                                ???????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

We have some total knobs too!!  How can you not be upset by our player of the season not coming back? Are you actually a Wednesday fan??

I don’t think jumping to hysterical conclusions is what really constitutes being a Wednesday fan.

*well, it does a bit I suppose.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Van Aken is probably one of the players we could easily sell if we price him sensibly.

Anything from 1m - 1.5m should be affordable to the Dutch top flight teams. His wages shouldn’t be too high as well 

So getting cash in for a player who never plays and replacing him with a free transfer seems like good business to me.

Can't see us making a profit on him.  Be over the moon if we do.

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

We have some total knobs too!!  How can you not be upset by our player of the season not coming back? Are you actually a Wednesday fan??

Calm down.

Take some valium or someit. 

In no way shape or form does signing this guy mean we are not bringing Hector in. 

Actually read through what you've posted in here and it'll dawn upon you how hysterical and ridiculous you're coming across. 

Is he right or left sided?

He could compete for Lees' place ...

Alternatively Bruce could be considering a back 3.

Also I think we will see Van Aken leave.

Also I still think Thorniley is ready for first team.  

Also, there are already too many points in this post so I'll stop there ;-)

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Is he right or left sided?

He could compete for Lees' place ...

Alternatively Bruce could be considering a back 3.

Also I think we will see Van Aken leave.

Also I still think Thorniley is ready for first team.  

Also, there are already too many points in this post so I'll stop there ;-)

Left, apparently

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

That's fine by me.

I don't think we will get Hector anyway so he will probs end up first choice.

I’m still optimistic Hector will return. We really need 4 centre backs, two left, two right, to see us through a tough season. If you ask me, Van Aken might be the one who will be sacrificed, as we could reasonably expect a fee for him

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think Thorniley should be ahead of Lees next season !

How you can say Thorniley should be in front of Lees next season baffles me.