The Current 1st Team Squad

Just now, gizowl said:

Them figures also show he was in decline season after season to where he is now. 

What if he could give you 25 goals next season, and those goals get you promoted

Wouldn't you want to have a look at him

He's a goalscorer, goal scorers don't lose that instinct

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't had a 20 goal a season striker since Steve MaClean

We've got one on our books but we want to get rid without having a good look at him

I think Steve Bruce is far too intelligent to do that

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

7 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Them figures also show he was in decline season after season to where he is now. 

The best player I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt was Chris Waddle

He was 31 when we signed him

You could say he was in decline

But he gave us 4 glorious years

But going on your logic, we wouldn't have signed him

Jordan Rhodes is already at the club, let's have a look at him before he gets binned off

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Jordan Rhodes is already at the club, let's have a look at him before he gets binned off

The important point is that he’s our player. 

I’m convinced that with service and confidence he will score goals. 

I’d love to see us with Fletch and Rhodes up top with two quality wide players pinging crosses in. 

7 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The important point is that he’s our player. 

I’m convinced that with service and confidence he will score goals. 

I’d love to see us with Fletch and Rhodes up top with two quality wide players pinging crosses in. 

I'm not sure about Fletcher, I think Bruce will entertain bids, it makes sense, his star is fading, he's just had a decent season, if someone takes him and his massive wages off us, and we can then bring someone younger in with a bit of pace and power, then I'd do it.

15 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm not sure about Fletcher, I think Bruce will entertain bids, it makes sense, his star is fading, he's just had a decent season, if someone takes him and his massive wages off us, and we can then bring someone younger in with a bit of pace and power, then I'd do it.

He’s not essential in the same way Bannan is. For the right price I would defo sell. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen suggestions on here that we should get rid of all six remaining strikers We could, but with two already having left, I think it highly unlikely. Think we will see a further two offloaded, with 1, or maybe 2 coming in

Westwood

Palmer-Iorfa-Lees-Thorniley

Forestieri-Hutchinson-Bannan-Reach

Rhodes-Fletcher

Subs Lee, Joao, Dawson, Fox, Pelupessy, Nuhui, Baker

At the very worst. We start the season with a top 10 squad? (Obviously, if we retain afew)

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Keiren Westwood

Cameron Dawson

Joe Wildsmith Loan out

Tom Lees

Dominic Iorfa

Liam Palmer

Jordan Thorniley

Matt Penney

Morgan Fox Sell

Joost Van Aken Sell

Ashley Baker Sell

Barry Bannan

Sam Hutchinson

Kieran Lee

Adam Reach 

Joey Pelupessey Sell

Steven Fletcher

Fernando Forestieri Possibly sell

Atdhe Nuhiu

Jordan Rhodes

Lucas Joao Sell 

Sam Winnall Sell 

We have 22 first team players. I think we should sell the ones highlighted if possible. However, with Bruce stating that he wants 5-6 players in I think we'll probably only offload the 2-3 of those which would potentially generate the most money. E.g Joao, Winnall, Forestieri. 

We are going to need to bring in players that are ready to roll straight away and have the pace and physicality to compete week in week out at this level. We really need to strengthen the centre back, wing back, wingers and centre midfield positions and I'd love to have a pacy striker in that offers something different. 

Agreed with everything except for keeping Rhodes instead of Joao. Absolutely crackers

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Agreed with everything except for keeping Rhodes instead of Joao. Absolutely crackers

I’d sell Joao, and I think Bruce will aswell 

sorry but he doesn’t cut it for me, obvious talent but never going to be a player who can do it consistently

sell while someone will take a chance and he’s worth a few quid 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
36 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’d sell Joao, and I think Bruce will aswell 

sorry but he doesn’t cut it for me, obvious talent but never going to be a player who can do it consistently

sell while someone will take a chance and he’s worth a few quid 

You seriously think Rhodes is better? I’m not adverse to selling Joao but if FF goes as well, there is nobody who can produce magic out of nothing. Rhodes is past it!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Westwood

Palmer-Iorfa-Lees-Thorniley

Forestieri-Hutchinson-Bannan-Reach

Rhodes-Fletcher

Subs Lee, Joao, Dawson, Fox, Pelupessy, Nuhui, Baker

At the very worst. We start the season with a top 10 squad? (Obviously, if we retain afew)

Rhodes starting.....ha ha ha!!

21 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

You seriously think Rhodes is better? I’m not adverse to selling Joao but if FF goes as well, there is nobody who can produce magic out of nothing. Rhodes is past it!

2 completely different players, what I do think is that Joao is the more saleable asset and we need some room for manoeuvre 

Rhodes I’m meh about, I don’t particularly buy into the ‘he would score 30+ with two rapid wingers’ club, I think it’s all about confidence with him but he’s not been here under Steve Bruce and I think the gaffer will fancy his chances of getting him firing.

Quick one on Rhodes at Norwich for people to think about .. his stats this season in a championship winning side where he’s hardly had a sniff are 30 App 9 goals ! 1 less than Joao who’s had 7 more starts than him 

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Could we afford a 24 year old, faster version of Fletcher?

9 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

One of the best goal scorers this division has ever seen

Wouldn't you like to see if you could get the best out of him before discarding him

Has done very little since 2014/15 - thats nearly 5 years ago.

Why will Bruce fare any better than the other managers since then? 

The game has moved on but he hasn’t.

One of the first out if we get an offer.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

14 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Keiren Westwood

Cameron Dawson

Joe Wildsmith Loan out

Tom Lees

Dominic Iorfa

Liam Palmer

Jordan Thorniley

Matt Penney

Morgan Fox Sell

Joost Van Aken Sell

Ashley Baker Sell

Barry Bannan

Sam Hutchinson

Kieran Lee

Adam Reach 

Joey Pelupessey Sell

Steven Fletcher

Fernando Forestieri Possibly sell

Atdhe Nuhiu

Jordan Rhodes

Lucas Joao Sell 

Sam Winnall Sell 

We have 22 first team players. I think we should sell the ones highlighted if possible. However, with Bruce stating that he wants 5-6 players in I think we'll probably only offload the 2-3 of those which would potentially generate the most money. E.g Joao, Winnall, Forestieri. 

We are going to need to bring in players that are ready to roll straight away and have the pace and physicality to compete week in week out at this level. We really need to strengthen the centre back, wing back, wingers and centre midfield positions and I'd love to have a pacy striker in that offers something different. 

Revolution rarely work but evolution does 

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Hector LB

CM   CDM   Bannan 

Reach Fletch Fernando

Dawson

Palmer CB Thorniley Fox

Lee Hutchinson Pelupessy 

Joao Rhodes LW

Swap Rhodes for Winnall if you dont like him but im with the Rhodes will score camp. 

Nuhiu as impact sub.

Dont think we will see any sales. Our asking price for anyone someone might actually buy will be silly (other than winnall).

Players like Baker Winnall and Van bobbins can go on loan.

Edited by k_guite

Every player has a price even the likes of Bannan, Fletch and Reach etc

I trust Bruce to wheel and deal and be able to move players on and replace with similar if not better or players with definate potential ..

Even the likes of Tom Lees, if you could get, for arguments sake, £5m, that allows you to bring in potentially 1-2, if not 3 players that will strengthen the team