Adam Reach 

Joey Pelupessey Sell

Steven Fletcher

Fernando Forestieri Possibly sell

Atdhe Nuhiu

Jordan Rhodes

Lucas Joao Sell 

Sam Winnall Sell 

We have 22 first team players. I think we should sell the ones highlighted if possible. However, with Bruce stating that he wants 5-6 players in I think we'll probably only offload the 2-3 of those which would potentially generate the most money. E.g Joao, Winnall, Forestieri. 

We are going to need to bring in players that are ready to roll straight away and have the pace and physicality to compete week in week out at this level. We really need to strengthen the centre back, wing back, wingers and centre midfield positions and I'd love to have a pacy striker in that offers something different. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Keiren Westwood

Cameron Dawson

Joe Wildsmith Loan out

Tom Lees Sell if decent fee, keep otherwise

Dominic Iorfa

Liam Palmer

Jordan Thorniley

Matt Penney

Morgan Fox Sell

Joost Van Aken Sell

Ashley Baker Sell

Barry Bannan

Sam Hutchinson This is a toughie, he isn't fit often enough, release once his contract is up

Kieran Lee

Adam Reach Sell

Joey Pelupessey

Steven Fletcher Sell for decent fee, keep otherwise

Fernando Forestieri Sell

Atdhe Nuhiu

Jordan Rhodes

Lucas Joao Sell for decent fee, keep otherwise

Sam Winnall Sell 

My list

I'd try and get big earners like Fletcher out of the club while he would still command a fee

I'm confident Steve Bruce would find better value replacements for Reach, Lees, and Forestieri if we can get good offers for them

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Id possibly keep winnall, not sure on his attitude but hes a goal scorer, palmer has definitly done enough this season to prove the doubters wrong , if bruce has some dosh to spend i think we have a great chance next season

I think we might see more loans out than sales especially from fringe players 

Either way if we can get 5-7 out this should give us the clout to get hector back I can’t see us spending too much more but with loans and freebies I see us making 7-9 signings 

this should give us a playing squad of 24-26 players which I think will be healthy

im sure we will still sign 5-6 like Bruce suggested but where our squad will greatly improved is beyond that and that’s dependent on how hoo we are at getting players out 

Just now, Brissy-owl said:

Id possibly keep winnall, not sure on his attitude but hes a goal scorer, palmer has definitly done enough this season to prove the doubters wrong , if bruce has some dosh to spend i think we have a great chance next season

There’s no way winnal is in Bruce’s plans he never got a sniff hardly under Bruce especially when strikers starting getting fit 

he was also good to go on loan in January but he wanted to fight for his place 

I think winnal is a certain to leave on loan or full transfer 

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You would sell Joao before Rhodes?

Mainly because I think we'd get more for him than Rhodes. Plus if we were to sell Joao it'd hopefully be with the idea that we bring in a pacy striker with similar attributes but that can actually play consistently without day dreaming his way through games. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Mainly because I think we'd get more for him than Rhodes. Plus if we were to sell Joao it'd hopefully be with the idea that we bring in a pacy striker with similar attributes but that can actually play consistently without day dreaming his way through games. 

I don't know we would get more....but..I agree with yer "expanded" explanation lol

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I don't know we would get more....but..I agree with yer "expanded" explanation lol

I also have a feeling Rhodes could get back to scoring goals again under Bruce but we'd need to start bringing in some pacy players from midfield and wing back and employ a more direct style of play. 

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Keiren Westwood

Cameron Dawson

Joe Wildsmith Loan out

Tom Lees

Dominic Iorfa

Liam Palmer

Jordan Thorniley

Matt Penney

Morgan Fox Sell

Joost Van Aken Sell

Ashley Baker Sell

Barry Bannan

Sam Hutchinson

Kieran Lee

Adam Reach 

Joey Pelupessey Sell

Steven Fletcher

Fernando Forestieri Possibly sell

Atdhe Nuhiu

Jordan Rhodes

Lucas Joao Sell 

Sam Winnall Sell 

We have 22 first team players. I think we should sell the ones highlighted if possible. However, with Bruce stating that he wants 5-6 players in I think we'll probably only offload the 2-3 of those which would potentially generate the most money. E.g Joao, Winnall, Forestieri. 

We are going to need to bring in players that are ready to roll straight away and have the pace and physicality to compete week in week out at this level. We really need to strengthen the centre back, wing back, wingers and centre midfield positions and I'd love to have a pacy striker in that offers something different. 

There's a few more players on pro contracts, Stobbs, O'Grady, Nilson and Preston, all were in first team squad under Joss but now nowhere near it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

There's a few more players on pro contracts, Stobbs, O'Grady, Nilson and Preston, all were in first team squad under Joss but now nowhere near it. 

Doubt any of them are good enough to be honest. Not for a team looking at being top 6 in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Doubt any of them are good enough to be honest. Not for a team looking at being top 6 in the Championship. 

I agree, I'm sure some of league two and national league clubs would be interested in them, probably a small if any fee but it makes spaces in squad.

Ash Baker might be good enough for league one.

People saying we should sell players like Fox and Pelupessy, but does anyone expect a team to actually come in for a bid for them?

The only player I'd sell that a club might actualy want to buy would be Joao as I don't think we need him and I don't think he's good enough.

I'd also consider selling Reach but only for silly money, £12m+.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d keep Pelupessy. Decent squad player, gives his all and good fitness record. 

I think most on here want 11 or 12 superstars and nobody else. They seem to forget you need back up players . It’s not like we get injuries or anything 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

I think most on here want 11 or 12 superstars and nobody else. They seem to forget you need back up players . It’s not like we get injuries or anything 

Hutch is a fantastic player, but I’d get rid of him before Pelupessy personally. And I love Hutchinson.

United’s side isn’t full of world beaters. But they are well drilled and rarely injured. Don’t like saying it, but we should look at the way they’ve done it and learn. 

12 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

People saying we should sell players like Fox and Pelupessy, but does anyone expect a team to actually come in for a bid for them?

The only player I'd sell that a club might actualy want to buy would be Joao as I don't think we need him and I don't think he's good enough.

I'd also consider selling Reach but only for silly money, £12m+.

The question is how much would we be willing to accept.  If someone bid 300k each for Fox & Pelupessy would we accept it? I would say yes 

Guest wilyfox

Hardest part will be getting legs up top. Our forward options aren't getting any younger...

Fletcher 32

Nuhiu 30

FF 29

Rhodes 29

Winnall 28

Only Joao is a good age, and sounds like we're open to offers for him. 

Personally, I'd shift as many as we can, no sentiment, and let Bruce build a dynamic that works.

Much will depend on how Bruce wants to set up Will he play with wingers? If so, we need a completely new midfield. As he’s offered a contract to Lee, I would suspect that he’ll want to play three in midfield. A winger as an impact sub could be useful

• Like 1