The Current 1st Team Squad

The writing is on wall for Van Aken, Pelupessy, Joao, Winnall and Fox as none were first choice players and if we are bringing in players think they are destined to go. Many of them could go on loan or potentially get contract cancelled.

The likes of Kirby, Hunt, Wildsmith, Jack Lee, and Baker need to go out on loan. I would rather these young lads go out on loan than some of more experienced players for their future. 

Find it impossible to say what will happen too many imponderables.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradowl said:

There's a few more players on pro contracts, Stobbs, O'Grady, Nilson and Preston, all were in first team squad under Joss but now nowhere near it. 

Preston, Nielsen and I think O'Grady were out of contract this Summer. I doubt they'll be retained else we'd know by now. As for Stobbs he's been around for a long time and not progressed so possibly time to cancel his contract,

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Keiren Westwood

Cameron Dawson

Joe Wildsmith Loan out

Tom Lees

Dominic Iorfa

Liam Palmer

Jordan Thorniley

Matt Penney

Morgan Fox Sell

Joost Van Aken Sell

Ashley Baker Sell

Barry Bannan

Sam Hutchinson

Kieran Lee

Adam Reach 

Joey Pelupessey Sell

Steven Fletcher

Fernando Forestieri Possibly sell

Atdhe Nuhiu

Jordan Rhodes

Lucas Joao Sell 

Sam Winnall Sell 

We have 22 first team players. I think we should sell the ones highlighted if possible. However, with Bruce stating that he wants 5-6 players in I think we'll probably only offload the 2-3 of those which would potentially generate the most money. E.g Joao, Winnall, Forestieri. 

We are going to need to bring in players that are ready to roll straight away and have the pace and physicality to compete week in week out at this level. We really need to strengthen the centre back, wing back, wingers and centre midfield positions and I'd love to have a pacy striker in that offers something different. 

Don't think your far off their, the hard bit is finding takers for the players we want to move on, I would add Rhodes to the list and Dawson and Wildsmith, neither are good enough stand ins, I think if Westwood stays he'll only play about 30 games and we need better cover in that position if we want top six. 

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

There’s no way winnal is in Bruce’s plans he never got a sniff hardly under Bruce especially when strikers starting getting fit 

he was also good to go on loan in January but he wanted to fight for his place 

I think winnal is a certain to leave on loan or full transfer 

no disrespect but keeping Nuhui with his strike rate,and letting Winnall go with his,dont care who the manager is seems stupid

47 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

no disrespect but keeping Nuhui with his strike rate,and letting Winnall go with his,dont care who the manager is seems stupid

Nuhius role is much different to winnals and he’s a complete different player 

Nuhiu will stay above winnal, Joao and Rhodes managers like him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Nuhius role is much different to winnals and he’s a complete different player 

Nuhiu will stay above winnal, Joao and Rhodes managers like him 

but why ?strikers are judged on strike rate. i go nearly every game and imo Nuhui is a waste ot time where as a striker with Winnalls and even Joa's strike rate ,and pace are far better options

Just now, Brando17 said:

but why ?strikers are judged on strike rate. i go nearly every game and imo Nuhui is a waste ot time where as a striker with Winnalls and even Joa's strike rate ,and pace are far better options

ps and to put him above Rhode's is a joke

4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

My list

I'd try and get big earners like Fletcher out of the club while he would still command a fee

I'm confident Steve Bruce would find better value replacements for Reach, Lees, and Forestieri if we can get good offers for them

You’d keep Rhodes - on a cost vs return basis surely our worst signfing ever? 

Crikey.:

Fletcher and the bottom three, when fit and used properly have the talent to get us up.  

..Only very good money should be accepted as replacing like for like in our financial position will be very difficult.

..the spine of the club is ok - it’s the flesh around it that needs addressing.

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

You’d keep Rhodes - on a cost vs return basis surely our worst signfing ever? 

Crikey.:

Fletcher and the bottom three, when fit and used properly have the talent to get us up.  

..Only very good money should be accepted as replacing like for like in our financial position will be very difficult.

..the spine of the club is ok - it’s the flesh around it that needs addressing.

One of the best goal scorers this division has ever seen

Wouldn't you like to see if you could get the best out of him before discarding him

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest gizowl
41 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

Was Nuhiu a waste of time at Preston last week when we were chasing the game and had to go more direct?, mm think not, Nuhiu gives us something different, a good option to have on the bench. 

Guest gizowl
18 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

One of the best goal scorers this division has ever seen

Wouldn't you like to see if you could get the best out of him before discarding him

Not one of the best goal scorers in this division only in league 1 at udders. 

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I’ll just leave this here

B895BC2F-8198-4F00-B925-DF5D0749BC8B.thumb.png.f61c02f7ca53b21798d9985fd80e95b5.png

OK, 4 years ago, I was good back then, sorry mate he just doesn't cut it with me. 

Just now, gizowl said:

OK, 4 years ago, I was good back then, sorry mate he just doesn't cut it with me. 

If you were Steve Bruce, and you had got a striker on the books who has scored 73 goals in 124 appearances in this division, wouldn't you want to see if you could re-light the fire

I would

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Them figures also show he was in decline season after season to where he is now. 

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Them figures also show he was in decline season after season to where he is now. 

No not really, he's been at Boro Wednesday and Norwich last season who won the league, aside who created chances for fun and he couldn't find his scoring touch there.