Post Preston Bullets

image.png.c9e96b7c84c008aec2910296728942a2.png

• First Half - Well , it was just awful. I think we looked in the first half like we were ready for the beach and of course if you have that attitude in the Championship you're going to get turned over.

• Half time - Sometimes you have to keep what is said in the dressing room in the dressing room.  I think it's the first time I've lost me temper since I've been here.  They needed a wake up call, and y'know I think it probably was only human stuff because , deep down I think they knew the chance of play-offs had gone really. To ask for seven results to (go our way) over the next week was impossible really .We'd kept banging the drum y'know (in the build up) but it's , y'know human stuff. 

• Second half - For how bad we were in the first half we were terrific in the second with our attitude and application . The third one goes in everyone in the stadium thinks it games over, but fair play to them they came back at it and even with ten men could have won.I thought if one team is gonna win it it's going to be us. Delighted with the second.

• The 12th Man - One of the big reasons I joined the club. We've got practically nothing to play for and we've brought 5000 fans on an awful day, when you wouldn't send a life boat out there, they're a truly remarkable support we've got they stayed behind the team and you can only applaud them because the clubs been through a difficult time but their support is quite fantastic.  

image.png.682869ca3f3a915c79991b89506e0429.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That second half made it worthwhile. Been to 2 of the last three at Deepdale (missed the one with Reach's late equaliser) and for 5 out of the 6 halves we have absolutely telephoned in our performance. First half today was disgraceful (even worse than that turgid flaccid display under Carlos 1st game of last season). Second  half was great. Brucey definitely got them going. And as he says we probably should have won it at the end...

Just now, s6 owl said:

Fingers crossed i just hope we aren't in the s**t with FFP

If we are going to struggle with FFP I can't think of a better man to be in charge, just love the way he handles himself honestly and openly its something we haven't seen in far too long.

2 minutes ago, CohenTheBarb said:

If we are going to struggle with FFP I can't think of a better man to be in charge, just love the way he handles himself honestly and openly its something we haven't seen in far too long.

He's a breath of fresh air. DC should be commended for getting him here. If only he'd have fired Jos a month earlier,  Bullen would have picked up sufficient points to see us in 6th now. FFS. 

4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

He's a breath of fresh air. DC should be commended for getting him here. If only he'd have fired Jos a month earlier,  Bullen would have picked up sufficient points to see us in 6th now. FFS. 

As long as we still ended up with Bruce I'd have let bullen have the first half of the season, ok some slight hyperbole but it cant have been much worse.

29 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.c9e96b7c84c008aec2910296728942a2.png

• First Half - Well , it was just awful. I think we looked in the first half like we were ready for the beach and of course if you have that attitude in the Championship you're going to get turned over.

• Half time - Sometimes you have to keep what is said in the dressing room in the dressing room.  I think it's the first time I've lost me temper since I've been here.  They needed a wake up call, and y'know I think it probably was only human stuff because , deep down I think they knew the chance of play-offs had gone really. To ask for seven results to (go our way) over the next week was impossible really .We'd kept banging the drum y'know (in the build up) but it's , y'know human stuff. 

• Second half - For how bad we were in the first half we were terrific in the second with our attitude and application . The third one goes in everyone in the stadium thinks it games over, but fair play to them they came back at it and even with ten men could have won.I thought if one team is gonna win it it's going to be us. Delighted with the second.

• The 12th Man - One of the big reasons I joined the club. We've got practically nothing to play for and we've brought 5000 fans on an awful day, when you wouldn't send a life boat out there, they're a truly remarkable support we've got they stayed behind the team and you can only applaud them because the clubs been through a difficult time but their support is quite fantastic.  

image.png.682869ca3f3a915c79991b89506e0429.png

We truly are blessed to have him as our manager.

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

I couldn’t stand him when he was Hull manager - now I absolutely love listening to what he has to say.

He does like the lifeboat comment doesn’t he 

He was OK as Hull manager when he said that FF was entitled to get out of the road when Dawson launched himself at him and he got sent off ( think it was) or booked for evading the tackle

5 minutes ago, victorturner said:

He was OK as Hull manager when he said that FF was entitled to get out of the road when Dawson launched himself at him and he got sent off ( think it was) or booked for evading the tackle

I agree. I've always thought he has been very honest when he's come up against us when managing other teams.  

An honest character in football, where that particular trait can often be lacking

image.png

37 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

What’s not to like about Bruce?! This guy will take us up and I’ve not said that about one of our managers over the last 15 years or so. Bruce and Wednesday looks a good fit to me. Looking forward to next season already.

His relaxed but confident demeanour rubs off on people. 

He looks and sounds assured.

Sounds like a man with a plan. 

Of course it will be interesting how some react when we hit the first bump in the road. Because there will be one.

There has to be , with the re-moulding job he has to do to this squad.

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Leaps and bounds ahead of what we have had previously , going back well over a decade . If only we had made this appointment at the start of the chansiri era , I’m convinced we’d be better on the field and off it 

So many if onlys sadly... Story of this club since about 1992

..big one for me was DC’s inexperience at the start of all this, so key in determining where we are at present, both on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

So many if onlys sadly... Story of this club since about 1992

..big one for me was DC’s inexperience at the start of all this, so key in determining where we are at present, both on and off the pitch.

To be fair he got help in...

They just weren't very good/had vested interest in doing things not in the best interest of the club .

Got there in the end though. 

Shame about the flaffed  £30m. 

Just got for stick with Bruce. Think it might take a few windows to get his stam on things.

Edited by Lord Snooty