Post Preston Bullets

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

His relaxed but confident demeanour rubs off on people. 

He looks and sounds assured.

Sounds like a man with a plan. 

Of course it will be interesting how some react when we hit the first bump in the road. Because there will be one.

There has to be , with the re-moulding job he has to do to this squad.

When it happens we simply have to support him, help him through it. If he remains at this club for 5 years I think he'll have us established in the prem. 

Preston was my first away match for many years. It reminded me how much I used to love away games. Even when we were dire and got hammered the passion and humour of the fans was always the thing that kept me going. In fact some of my most vivid memories are of dreadful defeats. Like being hammered 4-0 at Palace and all the Wednesdsy fans doing a massive conga on the terraces oblivious to the garbage the team were delivering on the pitch. Countless others and of course some magic moments like Exter when every Wednesday fan ran on the pitch to hoist the players on their shoulders knowing we had just won promotion back to the old 2nd division. The game by the way was crap. I was really pleased with Wednesday’s second half display after the first half utter bilge. The team were transformed at half time. And that has got to be  100% down to the manager. His substitutions worked a treat as well. So glad we have him in charge. Whatever the outcome of the close season we can all surely be optimistic for the 19/20 season. And maybe, just maybe, for once our optimism may be rewarded.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

If we aren't hamstrung by FFP I do think Steve Bruce will take us up next season. I really like the guy. He's tough but also has a warm and endearing personality. He really knows the game and has transformed us since taking over.

Even if he doesn't get us up at the first (full season) time if asking we know he's someone to be able to get a tune out of the players at his disposal. Might take a few windows, but he'll have us there abouts in the mean time.