Saleable assets - who goes?

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont worry Bruce has been doing a deal with Norwich today for Rhodes.

FFP sorted.

;-)

Had a quick look on the Norwich forum earlier and there was a thread on Rhodes. Most of the comments were positive which surprised me because he’s not been playing much. Sounds like he’s not got a look in mainly because Pukki has scored so many. Most of them thought he was worth paying £3-4m for but some had reservations on what role he’d play in a prem team

4 minutes ago, Brommers said:

None of our players are good enough for the Prem, as such their values are nominal. The original poster is deluded if he thinks we'll get anything like those fees. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Forestieri is good enough for the prem, but he’s probably missed the boat now 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, Brommers said:

None of our players are good enough for the Prem, as such their values are nominal. The original poster is deluded if he thinks we'll get anything like those fees. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Nuhui is only worth a nominal fee at best and the Joao one is too much, probably worth less than we paid for him. Reach we’d only get that kind of money if a prem team came in for him but I don’t think he’s quite good enough for that. The rest are probably about what they’re worth as championship clubs might pay that sort of money for them

15 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Player value in the championship has took a hit with FFP. If the rules on that are eased, you could see some more money being spent.

And Norwich, Leeds and the pigs have all shown this year that you don’t need to spend big to succeed in this league 

You're right, it ain't about money, it's about a coherent squad, I rarely watch Division 1, because Wednesday hasn't been there for ~20 years, but did the year Leicester  won it all, with a "no money" Squad.  I like to think that Bruce is going to do the same thing, starting this summer, in Division 2, earning promotion.  

22 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Had a quick look on the Norwich forum earlier and there was a thread on Rhodes. Most of the comments were positive which surprised me because he’s not been playing much. Sounds like he’s not got a look in mainly because Pukki has scored so many. Most of them thought he was worth paying £3-4m for but some had reservations on what role he’d play in a prem team

Been laughed at on here plenty of times for saying he will sign for Norwich on a permanent deal in the summer. 

Still believe he will.

3 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's play Football Manager. Hypothetical values attached. Let's say we have to raise £12m. Who goes?...

Reach £12m

Rhodes £3m

Winnall £2m

Joao £4m

Forestieri £4m

Bannan £3m

Lees £3m

Nuhiu £2m

Bannan / Reach / Nuhiu / Jawow - I'd cash in one these players if reasonable offers came in.

Unsure about Forestieri but if yu can get him playing like tonight then obviously we need to keep him unless a proper ridiculous offer came in!

5 hours ago, nilsson said:

Forestieri is good enough for the prem, but he’s probably missed the boat now 

You may possibly be right with FF however Watford didn't think so. If you look at the majority of our better players (FF, Hooper, Westwood, Bannan) they were all released by lower end Prem teams.

7 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's play Football Manager. Hypothetical values attached. Let's say we have to raise £12m. Who goes?...

Reach £12m

Rhodes £3m

Winnall £2m

Joao £4m

Forestieri £4m

Bannan £3m

Lees £3m

Nuhiu £2m

how many reach's would we have to sell to raise £12m?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Last week I would have said FF but if he puts a couple more displays like that in his value will be worth more than £4M in terms of keeping him or selling him. Also have to take into account that Bruce has long been an admirer and if he sees enough in training to think he can get that sort of performance on a regular basis then he will be worth keeping.

Two of Rhodes, Nuhiu, Joao and Winnall need to go, not sure we would even get £3M for Rhodes now though.

Lees has been much better again since Jos departed and needs to be kept, as we will need at least 1 CB as it is, hopefully that will be Hector but who knows.

If we can get that sort of fee for Reach then I would take it. He has moments of pure brilliance and is a good professional but there have been plenty of games where he has been a passenger and not due to a lack of effort.  

Lees needs to be told what to do and where to be. Loovens offered him this and Lees was great.

Westwood also offers him this. When Westwood was dropped Lees was poor.

6 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

You're right, it ain't about money, it's about a coherent squad, I rarely watch Division 1, because Wednesday hasn't been there for ~20 years, but did the year Leicester  won it all, with a "no money" Squad.  I like to think that Bruce is going to do the same thing, starting this summer, in Division 2, earning promotion.  

We’re the Owls

How do you do

It’s nice to be back

6 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

Great goal by Forestieri today and he looked up for it but it doesn't happen often enough. I still think that if we can get a fair price for him we should move him on.

There was a sense of irony when that went in and him getting man of the match at a ground he refused to travel to a couple of years earlier, where our issues under Chansiri began. I like to think that Bruce said 'Thanks for getting on the bus now prove you're worth a start'

This Summer is as a good a chance as when Chansiri bought the club to get it right and I'm pretty optimistic with Bruce at the helm.

bruce is the type of appointment that should have followed gray, the rest has been 'experience' for some, and wasted money for others.

I wouldn’t be interested in selling Forestieri, don’t think we can get the top bucks like 2 seasons ago and he will be difficult to replace because we won’t be able to reinvest all of the money with P&S looming. Can be our talisman under Bruce next season; he’s the perfect manager to put an arm around FF and get him firing.