Saleable assets - who goes?

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

Still can’t believe Warnock paid that for Madine but it was the January window and he was in form at the time. 

You can see the odd inflated price in January when teams are going for promotion. Look at what we paid for Rhodes.

I’ll have a side bet with you if you want? Other than maybe Forestieri, not one player will fetch the fee quoted in the original post this summer

I don't gamble mate

I've followed Wednesday 60 years and we've always had our pants pulled down when selling players

From Gary Bannister to Michail Antonnio

Not forgetting Darko Kovechevic, who we sold for 1 million, only for Juventus to pay 14 million for him not long after

I'm hoping Bruce will bring some much needed know how to our transfer dealings

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

One things for certain,weve simply got to generate transfer income,were stuffed without it.

Not sure who Id sell,theres obvious targets,then its all about replacements,its going to be an interesting summer,the one thing about Bruce is hes quite savvy in the market & hopefully DC can learn from him how to work it

If it was up to me I’d try to sell Reach, FF, Winnal, Nuhiu, Fox, Van Aken and Pelupessy

Release Matias, Abdi, Boyd and Jones

New deals for Lee, Hooper, Palmer and Westwood

The big thing next season is pace, energy and athleticism in the midfield, a strike force of Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher and Joao is still top notch in the championship 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:30, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We were one cheating ref away from winning at Norwich tonight. Without Reach. Or Bannan for long spells of it.

I don't think that's a coincidence.

agree when you play reach bannan sometimes its like playing with 9 men when they have poor games which has been very frequent lately . 

Just now, fred mciver said:

All outta contact, except Palmer and Westy.

We need to re -balance with steel and speed, youth and vigour.

Agreed, and our manager is one of the best in the game for that so I'm looking onwards and upwards.

Just now, Stoop said:

If it was up to me I’d try to sell Reach, FF, Winnal, Nuhiu, Fox, Van Aken and Pelupessy

The big thing next season is pace, energy and athleticism in the midfield, a strike force of Hooper, Rhodes, Fletcher and Joao is still top notch in the championship 

Agreed but I would let Hooper go too, love him but too fragile.

5 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

All outta contact, except Palmer and Westy.

We need to re -balance with steel and speed, youth and vigour.

totally agree ,plus sell reach bannan and Rhodes , that would take 10 million plus off the wage bill which will allow around 5 new signings . to go wildsmith ,preston,stobbs,hooper,lee,matias,abdi,jones, try and get decent fees for reach,bannan,rhodes . sell fox nuhiu , that would allow bruce to spend a little and bring in 5 very decent players and also lower the wage bill by 5 million . boyd im not sure about 3-4 months ago id say go now maybe another 12 month deal on less money? 

People often cite "the table doesn't lie" when talking about bad luck or false league position... which is true.

SB could take some of the variables out of his tricky decisions on players by looking at a player's contribution over a season (or more)....

That should be his starting point imo.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

agree with all of it except selling FF bud,if SB can get him firing like at Norwich is 1 of best players in Division IMO

2 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

agree with all of it except selling FF bud,if SB can get him firing like at Norwich is 1 of best players in Division IMO

Problem with FF though is that he thinks he’s Lionel Messi and he should play up top. He’s much more effective out wide where he can run at defenders and cut inside. For me he’s not as effective in a front two where he just ends up crowded out and outmuscled with his back to goal

Id take 8m for Reach.

2m for big Dave.

5m for Rhodes,even tho i think he could still do it here under Bruce..

3m for Winnall.

Would'nt miss any of em,we need bigger and stronger in midfield,and out of Reach or Bannan i'd take Bannan all day long,with a big bruising power house box to box player at side of him..

UTO FTBFB....

1 hour ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Id take 8m for Reach.

2m for big Dave.

5m for Rhodes,even tho i think he could still do it here under Bruce..

3m for Winnall.

Would'nt miss any of em,we need bigger and stronger in midfield,and out of Reach or Bannan i'd take Bannan all day long,with a big bruising power house box to box player at side of him..

UTO FTBFB....

Bannan with Diame would be an amazing pairing next season if Bruce could get him

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, Stoop said:

Agree with most of that, would keep FF over Rhodes any day of the week and would look to offload either Wildsmith or Dawson or both. 

Just now, gizowl said:

Agree with most of that, would keep FF over Rhodes any day of the week and would look to offload either Wildsmith or Dawson or both. 

I reckon Rhodes will be ok with Fletcher if/when Hooper gets injured again

He was pretty useless with the ponderous 30 passes to get the ball forward under CC and Jos. I think he’d benefit from a quicker more direct approach under Bruce

On 20/04/2019 at 06:10, james o connor said:

I’d happily sell reach and bannan . Both decent players but we look visibly faster and more attacking without them . My non supporting mates who have watched a few with me have said similar things re bannan all season . 

Bannan is a tricky conundrum, he's our best player in many ways and he's the main reason we are being held back at the same time. Personally I've long thought he needs replacing with a stronger box to box type and I think Bruce already knows that

Edited by keepitsteel89

Guest gizowl
34 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I think that's the problem with him, he relies on others to Create for him, he offers very little outside the box, lacks pace, can't hold the ball up. He's never been the same since he left udders, where he played upfront with Roberts who supplied all the ammunition, and mainly in league 1.