Saleable assets - who goes?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's play Football Manager. Hypothetical values attached. Let's say we have to raise £12m. Who goes?...

Reach £12m

Rhodes £3m

Winnall £2m

Joao £4m

Forestieri £4m

Bannan £3m

Lees £3m

Nuhiu £2m

Last week I would have said FF but if he puts a couple more displays like that in his value will be worth more than £4M in terms of keeping him or selling him. Also have to take into account that Bruce has long been an admirer and if he sees enough in training to think he can get that sort of performance on a regular basis then he will be worth keeping.

Two of Rhodes, Nuhiu, Joao and Winnall need to go, not sure we would even get £3M for Rhodes now though.

Lees has been much better again since Jos departed and needs to be kept, as we will need at least 1 CB as it is, hopefully that will be Hector but who knows.

If we can get that sort of fee for Reach then I would take it. He has moments of pure brilliance and is a good professional but there have been plenty of games where he has been a passenger and not due to a lack of effort.  

Forestierri 4 million

You can triple that, he’s still our best player, and Reach has looked nothing like a 12 million player for months

I think all your other valuations need doubling

Lees 3 million? He’s as good as any other centre half in the division at defending, I’d want nothing less than 6 million

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

15 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's play Football Manager. Hypothetical values attached. Let's say we have to raise £12m. Who goes?...

Reach £12m

Winnall £2m

Joao £4m

Forestieri £4m

Bannan £3m

Nuhiu £2m

And all the out of contract players with the exception of Westwood.

This everyday of the week and watch Bruce gi with the rebuild.

• Like 1

There isn't a player in the squad who I'd be absolutely gutted to lose if i'm honest, other than maybe Westwood. Everyone is replaceable and as long as got the right money for them I completely trust Bruce to spend it wisely (for the first time in years at swfc). 

If we get an 8m+ bid for reach absolutely snatch their hand off. We could sort our money woes and give bruce 3 mil in that sell alone

• Thanks 1

Great goal by Forestieri today and he looked up for it but it doesn't happen often enough. I still think that if we can get a fair price for him we should move him on.

There was a sense of irony when that went in and him getting man of the match at a ground he refused to travel to a couple of years earlier, where our issues under Chansiri began. I like to think that Bruce said 'Thanks for getting on the bus now prove you're worth a start'

This Summer is as a good a chance as when Chansiri bought the club to get it right and I'm pretty optimistic with Bruce at the helm.

40 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Forestierri 4 million

You can triple that, he’s still our best player, and Reach has looked nothing like a 12 million player for months

I think all your other valuations need doubling

Lees 3 million? He’s as good as any other centre half in the division at defending, I’d want nothing less than 6 million

Are you serious? Some posters on here have unrealistic values of our players.

You can blame Carlos and Jos but the main reason we’ve been midtable the last two seasons is that the majority of our squad are average championship players.

And which teams in the championship are actually spending money?

• Like 1

Player value is a strange thing, so many variables determine value, things that we don't even know, that we don't even know about.  Bruce knows, because his life is football, on a Ph.D. level, it's what he does, all day, everyday.  He knows all the behind the scene goings-on, look what he did during the January transfer window, when it was widely believed that no new Players could be had...

Whatever money Wednesday can get from the sale of this Player or that, will be the most that's possible, because Bruce knows the deal, who needs what we have, how badly they need it, what other choices they have, he knows the game, on an engineering level.  I don't normally look forward to the off-season, but am this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neon Nick said:

Player value is a strange thing, so many variables determine value, things that we don't even know, that we don't even know about.  Bruce knows, because his life is football, on a Ph.D. level, it's what he does, all day, everyday.  He knows all the behind the scene goings-on, look what he did during the January transfer window, when it was widely believed that no new Players could be had...

Whatever money Wednesday can get from the sale of this Player or that, will be the most that's possible, because Bruce knows the deal, who needs what we have, how badly they need it, what other choices they have, he knows the game, on an engineering level.  I don't normally look forward to the off-season, but am this year.

Player value in the championship has took a hit with FFP. If the rules on that are eased, you could see some more money being spent.

And Norwich, Leeds and the pigs have all shown this year that you don’t need to spend big to succeed in this league 

• Like 1