Saleable assets - who goes?

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Last week I would have said FF but if he puts a couple more displays like that in his value will be worth more than £4M in terms of keeping him or selling him. Also have to take into account that Bruce has long been an admirer and if he sees enough in training to think he can get that sort of performance on a regular basis then he will be worth keeping.

Two of Rhodes, Nuhiu, Joao and Winnall need to go, not sure we would even get £3M for Rhodes now though.

Lees has been much better again since Jos departed and needs to be kept, as we will need at least 1 CB as it is, hopefully that will be Hector but who knows.

If we can get that sort of fee for Reach then I would take it. He has moments of pure brilliance and is a good professional but there have been plenty of games where he has been a passenger and not due to a lack of effort.  

Been plenty of games where Reach has carried us. Without his performances before Xmas we would have been in the bottom 3. If any offers above 10 million come in I would take it but not any less.

7 hours ago, nilsson said:

Forestieri is good enough for the prem, but he’s probably missed the boat now 

3 games a season he is. Done next to nothing for last 2 seasons. 3 years ago he looked a world beater but sadly now its rare when he has much impact. Would take 3 million from anyone and save another million plus in wages. 

• Like 1

Over the last three seasons we have shown that we are not good enough and it has been pretty much the same squad during this time.
We seem to sign injury prone, temperamental, inconsistent players who can't handle the big games.
For me they can all go, (thanks for your service but bye). and look at bringing in some younger, fitter, hungrier players that want to succeed.

Edited by Cypriot Owl

10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's play Football Manager. Hypothetical values attached. Let's say we have to raise £12m. Who goes?...

Reach £12m

Rhodes £3m

Winnall £2m

Joao £4m

Forestieri £4m

Bannan £3m

Lees £3m

Nuhiu £2m

Winnall , Joao and Dave I'd sell from that list .

Doesn’t matter who it is we have to seriously consider offers for any player

Release all the out of contract (apart from Westwood and maybe Palmer) and try and let Bruce build his team

It may take 2 or 3 transfer windows to sort this ageing injury prone squad out but we now have a proven manager to do the job. The fans job now is to support the team and let him get on with it the best way he sees fit

When Bannan plays, and there’s no doubting his abilities but our team are focused so much on playing through him that it slows us down, West Brom at home (excluding last 5) and last night were prime examples of how better we play when Bannan is out of the side.

I’d not lose sleep over him or Reach going, to be fair only 3/4 would make the team next year if I were coach 

Rhodes £3m

Winnall £2m

Joao £4m

Nuhiu £2m

That's £11m, We've been without the real Rhodes since we signed him so it would be no great loss. Maybe the real Rhodes doesn't exist any more.

Winnall, good player but not what we need.

Joao, full of potential but had enough time to achieve it and hasn't.

Nuhiu, I think he offers something but if we have to cut our cloth according to our means then he's expendable.

To be honest assuming the above almost get us out of P and S difficulties I'd take £12m for Reach as I think that's decent money. Give the money to Bruce and let him spend it wisely. Bannan is worth more than £3m to someone, I'd sell him for decent money but it would need to be more.

FF at  £4M? Before last night I'd have taken it, now I'd like to see what he does in the next few games. If he plays like last night I'd keep him or only sell for big money. Every player has his price but it's got to be a big one for a Forestieri on fire.

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

This everyday of the week and watch Bruce gi with the rebuild.

But in the real world:-

Reach £3m

Rhodes £3m

Winnall £1m

Joao £2m

Forestieri £6m  -  on the strength of that goal last night

Bannan £3m

Lees £3m

Nuhiu Free transfer

Hooper and Fletcher  -  £4m off the wage bill.

10 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

At those prices, any aside from FF, and Bannan. 

Forestieri’s market value would be at bottom dollar at the moment, so wrong time to sell. 

That goal last night might have added a few quid on. :Sid: