U23s v QPR (a)

Happy end to a fairly underwhelming season for the U23s

Finishing 8th place - unless Barnsley lose by four at Watford tomorrow

Goes to show ya - we seem to have a decent drop of youngsters coming through ........... when we win  :dry:

Happy to add Young R's to the list of good updaters

• Thanks 2

I think it’s fair to say we have a fair few youngsters coming through. Some got their chance under Jos but in some cases it was like being thrown to the wolves and things didn’t work out as well as it may have done. I’m not expecting Bruce to overly rely on youngsters if at all in the near future and a fair few if not all of the youngsters may end up plying their trade elsewhere?

That said I would like to see Bruce bring some of the current under-18 squad through eventually as there seems to be some real talent there?

2 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Good to see Preslav score a couple. I was really impressed with him last season, but not heard too much about him this campaign.

Has he been out injured?

I wonder if Bruce has taken notice of him yet.  Would love to hear his opinion of him. The lad does seem to be progressing positively (not that I have seen him play) but he must be making himself heard. 

He's got a long way to go before he is in the first team. All the good young players need to get out on loan at the appropriate level for their development. Just playing in the U23s they aren't going to progress.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I wonder if Bruce has taken notice of him yet.  Would love to hear his opinion of him. The lad does seem to be progressing positively (not that I have seen him play) but he must be making himself heard. 

These were his first goals of the season.  Seems to have struggled at U23 level.

• Thanks 1

I've said it time & time again but half of that team needs to be out on loan, you learn nothing from u23's, it's for fringe players to keep match fit & returning 1st team players from injury

If we keep Westwood or replace him then I'd definitely loan out Wildmisth to league 1 or 2 for half a season, then the likes of Grant, Kirby, Borukov, Hunt etc, get them out to league 2 or lower for a month or 2 at least