Bitter sweet?

Guest addedtime
24 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Those few microseconds between FF rifling that shot towards goal and it hitting the Leeds defender gave me some of the most conflicting feelings I've ever felt as a Wednesday fan.

When it fell nicely for him I definitely wanted it to go in, but after it was blocked I was strangely relieved on reflection.

And I got classed as pork in the match day thread for saying anything but a draw is ok!

47 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

With 5 minutes to go I accepted that our season had gone. I was then a bit worried about equalising. When the whistle went I was gutted we didn't. I just can't be happy we've lost. 

Our season had gone before christmas thanks to Jos. 

Guest addedtime
9 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So a defeat is better than a draw ? Since when ? 

Since a draw would be just as final for our play off hopes, but a defeat keeps our red and white colleagues a little quieter for longer.

17 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So a defeat is better than a draw ? Since when ? 

it's a no brainer we had to win if we couldn't then the defeat was better than a draw . ….the blunts going up may not mean a lot in Dewsbury but down this neck of the woods it wouldn't be popular with a lot of  the blue and white persuasion. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it's a no brainer we had to win if we couldn't then the defeat was better than a draw . ….the blunts going up may not mean a lot in Dewsbury but down this neck of the woods it wouldn't be popular with a lot of  the blue and white persuasion. 

And if they still go up what then ? 

Yeah we weren't ready to go up.

The gulf between auto and us is massive if you look at that performance.

They are way better than us. Same with Norwich  

And in the end I prefer that result to a draw cos at least it makes it harder for the pigs and a draw wouldnt have been enough for us .

Pigs being a prem club we don't want that.

Edited by Beholder

Guest Maxine

Looking forward to next season. I hope the pigs blow it but so what if they don't.

We've got Bruce and I cant wait to see what he can do .

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Whilst I don't disagree, daft thing 2 draws v Utd, 2 draws v WBA, a win and loss v Villa and a win so far v Bristol City.

You missed beating Boro at their place.

3 hours ago, The Captain said:

Wednesday fans taking comfort in Leeds being in the top 2 rather than the pigs is so tinpot.  It really is.

Yeah I’d hate it if pigs went up.  But that’s only because it would negatively impact on our club.

Exactly. I wanted us to win today but didn’t mind too much that we lost in the end because our play off hopes were very slim anyway, and I desperately don’t want United to go up. But not for petty, bitter reasons,... but for sensible reasons of competition. You don’t want your rival business in town able to offer a far better product most likely at a cheaper price. Them not going up is important for the future of OUR club, that’s a bigger picture than just one defeat today.

i have so many friends who moved to Sheffield between 2000-2010 and they all adopted United as their club because they had a better team and had been in the Premier League. Now their kids are growing up as united fans. I don’t want that continuing, nobody should, and if us losing today helps prevent them from getting promoted then for the good of Wednesday I’m cool with that thanks. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think me preferring Leeds to go up is tinpot. I'd want anyone to go up instead of united. I want anyone to win the prem instead of Liverpool. They are 2 teams I dislike so don't want them to have any success. If that is the definition of tinpot then every football fan on the planet is tinpot cos every fan has teams they dislike. 

The pigs going up would hurt Sheffield Wednesday. Any Wednesday fan who doesn't mind that wants to give their head a shake. 

• Like 1