Bitter sweet?

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hate seeing us lose. But take comfort in the fact we’ve made it harder for the Blades.

Happy Saturday everyone! 

Watching that made me think Leeds are on form and will win games.

But they missed a few chances and made poor decisions and that may catch them out.

Gutted we lost

This late run had been a bonus from a shambles of a season. 

Even before the first match most of us weren't expecting much.

image.thumb.png.20da67ccf08ba659f0592bb777a72956.png

Coming through with this late run has kept things interesting but that's about it. 

We need a clean sweep through. Bruce needs to stamp his identity on the squad and I'm sure we'll have a busy summer ahead.

One thing that I'm sure will be addressed is squad fitness. It's been a major issue for 3 years now, and I don't just mean the injuries but the general energy levels. 

We were like a car on the motorway running out of juice today in the second half.  We can't keep up any level of intensity.

The loan signings prove that Bruce worked that out within days of arriving which gives me a positive mindset looking towards next season.

We might not be able to bring in big names next season. We might have to sign players from the lower divisions even.  But I am sure they will be the right SORT of players - Young, fit, fast, hungry, full of desire and enthusiasm and work rate.

• Like 1

Those few microseconds between FF rifling that shot towards goal and it hitting the Leeds defender gave me some of the most conflicting feelings I've ever felt as a Wednesday fan.

When it fell nicely for him I definitely wanted it to go in, but after it was blocked I was strangely relieved on reflection.

Luhukay has cost us a playoff spot. Absolute shambles of a manager and we should be taking him to court for breach of contract. No disrespect to the kids, but picking a squad with the likes of Liam Shaw, Kirby, Preston et al in it, playing Dawson for far too long and making senior pros train with the kids. 

Motionless on the bench, and playing a Sheffield derby like we were playing the ‘58 Hungary side. 

Its not even close now, and Bruce has proved it. By a country mile the worst manager we’ve ever had. 

• Like 1

I might be in the minority but I wouldn’t want to be going into next season with Palmer and Fox as first choice full-backs. Granted both have been better since Jos left particularly Palmer but we need better.

We’ll probably need someone to partner Lees next season as we probably won’t be able to sign Hector. It would be a gamble to go with Thorniley and Van Aken is not up to it.

We need to shake up the midfield particularly down the flanks. We need power and pace across the board.

As for the forwards we probably need to shake it up there but I think we’ll probably go again with what we’ve got which may work if the service improves from midfield.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

21 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

With 5 minutes to go I accepted that our season had gone. I was then a bit worried about equalising. When the whistle went I was gutted we didn't. I just can't be happy we've lost. 

Our season had gone after the first 15 games with that clown in charge!! 

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I might be in the minority but I wouldn’t want to be going into next season with Palmer and Fox as first choice full-backs.

Granted both have been better since Jos left particularly Palmer but we need better.

The kid playing right back at Bristol City has been decent this season, might be worth a cheeky bid if they don't go up.

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Share the same feelings tbh

I wouldn’t have fancied us in the play offs, ultimately there’s better teams 

Whilst I don't disagree, daft thing 2 draws v Utd, 2 draws v WBA, a win and loss v Villa and a win so far v Bristol City.

4 minutes ago, Southowl said:

Sorry, don't give a hoots what happens over there. Wednesday first, Wednesday last. Gutted we didn't get anything. Would loved to have equalised or even won because it would have been for our benifet

Okay,,get that positivity, and focus on our game...but give us a bit of license please.....where I live in South Sheffield I am surrounded by mouthy bertie's...who wouldn't give a poo if we dropped out of the football league...so yeah tonight I am not bothered that they are squealing....