Bitter sweet?

Guest mkowl

Not saying it is the case LMC for you, but I do wonder about others that Utd failing is more important to some than us succeeding. Which I simply do not understand.

I wasn't gutted yesterday not because of the impact it had on them, but that the performance clarified what I already knew that the play offs were out of reach. Not by much but we are 5 % off the collective levels required. 

I never went in to the game with any thoughts other than hoping for a win.

It wasn't until I watched the championship goals last night that my mood mellowed and I've got to say that I've woken up without the usual regret after a loss  somewhat tempered by the effect on the table.

Think we've overachhieved under Bruce considering the squad imbalance and injuries, don't think play offs were ever realistic, but impressed that we've got so close and kept the season alive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I might be in the minority but I wouldn’t want to be going into next season with Palmer and Fox as first choice full-backs. Granted both have been better since Jos left particularly Palmer but we need better.

We’ll probably need someone to partner Lees next season as we probably won’t be able to sign Hector. It would be a gamble to go with Thorniley and Van Aken is not up to it.

We need to shake up the midfield particularly down the flanks. We need power and pace across the board.

As for the forwards we probably need to shake it up there but I think we’ll probably go again with what we’ve got which may work if the service improves from midfield.

When he brought Nuhiu on my heart sank.

Tactically it was the right move, but it shows how bereft of effective options we are.

36 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So had we better lose to Norwich next week then I mean just in case it helps that shower if we win !!! Is this what is best for us ? 

It was always going to be a very tall order to beat Villa, Leeds, Norwich, nevermind Bristol (and Preston away who are only a few points behind us  with better goal difference).with our form and current level of skill unfortunately not quite there yet....Even Steve Bruce acknowledges the transformation of the Leeds side ...and knowing Wednesdays unpredictability we might even pull something off at Norwich !!...I don't think it will help the Bertie's too much if we did win....cos I can't see Norwich losing lots of their remaining games...and no tbh, I don't even normally look at the Bertie's score on weekend, but at the moment it's bitter sweet alright.

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Not saying it is the case LMC for you, but I do wonder about others that Utd failing is more important to some than us succeeding. Which I simply do not understand.

I wasn't gutted yesterday not because of the impact it had on them, but that the performance clarified what I already knew that the play offs were out of reach. Not by much but we are 5 % off the collective levels required. 

10 minutes ago, striker said:

I never went in to the game with any thoughts other than hoping for a win.

It wasn't until I watched the championship goals last night that my mood mellowed and I've got to say that I've woken up without the usual regret after a loss  somewhat tempered by the effect on the table.

Think we've overachhieved under Bruce considering the squad imbalance and injuries, don't think play offs were ever realistic, but impressed that we've got so close and kept the season alive.

To be camped in our own half for 45 minutes is not happy viewing. 

I couldnt care less how the loss impacted other teams. Yes we might have a local derby next season, but last night confirmed this squad is about 8 players short of being genuine contenders for a promotion push next season. And that's if we keep Westwood & Hooper. 

Had to hope for a result yesterday, sod United, they are well capable of f.ookin' up without our help.

What a ridiculous season, leaves you simply wondering.

If we had sacked Jos earlier...Would we have got Bruce?

Do we thank DC for the "timing"...was it simply coincidence?

God knows!

Months worrying about getting relegated....then weeks hoping to go up?

bloody nonsensical isn't it?

Its so annoying that seemingly  simple managerial stubborness, bordering on idiocy, kept several of our best players outta the equation for far too long.

Since Bullen brought them back its been more or less promotion form!..What a bloody senseless waste of time and talent.