Ejected on the south stand

On 08/04/2019 at 21:14, the monk said:

Because it's the best stand by a mile 

to be honest the north is the much better looking stand, as for the folk that go in, I like my football passionate, and full blooded, not scared to death of shouting, chanting, or the odd cuss. 

I go on't north, I'd go on't kop if I really had to, but it'll be a while before i'd go on the south, far too 'gentile' for my taste.

23 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Not everyone wants to listen to foul mouthed, p1sshead, morons maybe. 

too true, but I aimed the question at someone 'complaining' about the situation in the 'rest home's library', and anyway I don't believe you can't hear p!sshead morons in there, unless you're hard at hearing due to great age.

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

to be honest the north is the much better looking stand, as for the folk that go in, I like my football passionate, and full blooded, not scared to death of shouting, chanting, or the odd cuss. 

I go on't north, I'd go on't kop if I really had to, but it'll be a while before i'd go on the south, far too 'gentile' for my taste.

I was on the north on Saturday.....some reyt Passion .....not !  ,just love how the wind rattles through the back of the stand through the plastic sheeting just above what looks like a builders yard.

Facilities are a disgrace and not been improved since it was built in 61'

Give the Soith a try and please don't be scared of shouting !

9 hours ago, the monk said:

I was on the north on Saturday.....some reyt Passion .....not !  ,just love how the wind rattles through the back of the stand through the plastic sheeting just above what looks like a builders yard.

Facilities are a disgrace and not been improved since it was built in 61'

Give the Soith a try and please don't be scared of shouting !

I've been in mate, it's like being at your 'posh' aunties house as a kid, you have to just sit there and be quiet.

I go to watch football, not to shop, I like a bit of atmosphere with the footy too.

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

I've been in mate, it's like being at your 'posh' aunties house as a kid, you have to just sit there and be quiet.

I go to watch football, not to shop, I like a bit of atmosphere with the footy too.

You'll learn 

7 hours ago, the monk said:

You'll learn 

i'd like to think I did.

I can understand some older end wanting less 'hustle and bustle' going in there.

but I think some think it makes them a 'tad special'.

my mate goes in, makes his kids go in there too, despite them asking 'can we go in where they swear dad?

I took the 3 of 'em into the n/w a couple of years ago, I think they thought they'd be sat in their seat, couldn't get back to sarf soon enough, some just will not learn.

On 09/04/2019 at 10:20, Mr. Tom said:

Some of the Kop guffs on Saturday were absolutely staggering.

:Sid:

There was one particularly vicious miasma that dropped on about the 50-minute mark - a portentous and baneful brew, with exotic bassnotes of rotting wood and stewed offal - which both me and my mate were convinced we could actually see it if we looked across the filtered sunlight spectrum from a certain angle.

It still hadn't fully dissipated when Fletcher stepped up for his penalty miss, and I genuinely wouldn't be that surprised if the two were somehow connected, it was that bad.

Without doubt the funniest description of a trump I've ever read,I've been howling for five minutes,take a bow Mr Tom.

• Haha 1

why all this aggro whenever someone 'has to go on the South'  We get the biggest load of bullshit ever. many of the regulars are very passionate about their football, and their Wednesday. I am one, but unfortunately, due to age, health and not desirous of 'going loopy', I cannot jump up and down, hug my neighbour, etc, nor do I want to get involved in excessive chanting, although I will and do, yell my support for the team.

I would just point out that the majority of 'Southies' are also Season Ticket Holders and have their own little groups of regulars.

Almost invariably, when someone from another part of the ground moves, it's into the South, yet there are  invariably spaces on the Kop.

LEAVE THE SOUTH ALONE. If youb do not like it, the simple answer is to not go ..