• Forestieri
    • Boyd
    • Nuhiu
    • Winnall
    • Matias

783745503_2019-03-3019_41_59.png.84da643b79b24de534454c0d52be5514.png

1656115676_2019-03-3019_39_11.png.5636d430bb929563407076bf7e44f1ad.png

image.png.e0f2c1089ef1da2c5bb373e75622166e.pnglol

"The big chance, we think he (Boyd) was onside for the goal. The linesman took an eternity to make it (the decision), and when you look at it, I thought the rule was to benefit the attacker, not the other way.

So that was a big decision for us. That would have been nice for us to go 1-0 up, but with all the problems we've had, we'll take the draw.

Considering the problems we had with Rolando (Aarons) missing out, we're playing makeshift at the minute, if the truth be known. It's a point, but it's not particularly what we want."

Westwood ....3 ...shocking distribution and punching crosses under no presure

Iorfa....6

Palmer....5

Lees....5

Hector....5

Reach....3....anonymous

Boyd....5

Bannon....6

Hutchinson....6.....Allen bossed the game

Forestieri.....7....tracked back and looked lively

Hooper.....6...some nice touches but showed he’s been out a while

Overall very poor standard all round from both teams

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You now flag if a player is onside and scores?

Weird.

something like that or once player offsode has a shot

you'd think Bruce would know this ,as its happened most games I've watched this season on Tele

I’d love To know how folk think Westwood was mom.....one of the worst games I’ve seen him have for us.....had about half a dozen kicks under no pressure that found our subs bench and punching crosses under no pressure!

• Haha 1

20.45 on Saturday evening says it all on posting O/P  M.O.T.M ratings .

Westwood made 3 match saving saves ( just a reminder @Ian:ph34r:) otherwise he looked like he was gearing up for a career as a Rugby union kicker into touch !!

As for the rest Boyd looked better in the first 20 mins then disappeared along with Bannan and Reach who were conspicuous with their absences

Hector was a stopper but today that's all he was the last man ...

Foristeri looking to halt play at every opportunity ( but I personally don't like any of the Watford transfers to our club.it stank and still does ) so don't take offence I'm in the Holloway camp with that fiddle ........

Our ball control short passing under no pressure today  was gash Stoke had 0-0 written all over them.

When Shawcross is pivotal in the game going forward for them it tells you that we were crap.

Fletcher would have faired better in our line up 

But This game needed Lucas or big lad from the off .

Bruce gets no upvote for putting :ph34r: Hooper on from the off ..

I'll give it Palmer for trying  or Hutch for taking one for the team ....

I've not seen a game of football (loosely termed) with so many occasions where the ball went out of play or stoppages 

The officials along with the players were culprable for this waste of 90 + minutes

It was dogger

UTO MRS HALL ........

• Like 4

Very flat performance, we didn’t click at all. Our midfield were walked

over 

Westwood - 6 difficult one to score as his kicking was atrocious, punched when he should have caught but made a couple good saves to keep us in the game.

iorfa - 6

Lees -5

hector -6

palmer -6

reach -4 forgot he was there

Bannan - 3 probably the worst I’ve seen him play

Hutch - 4 looked second rate compared to their front three

Boyd - 7 not his biggest fan but he did well defensively, nothing going forward

Fernando -6 worked hard but didn’t link well with hooper

Hooper - 6 similar to Nando, put himself about but the pair of them looked isolated with nothing from the midfield. Imagine they will both improve once fully match fit 

Hutchinson for me

Westwood 7 

Iorfa 7

Lees 7

Hector 7

Palmer 7

Reach 6 Not with it at the moment, looks like he's carrying an injury

Bannan 7

Hutchinson 8

Boyd 7 Very good first half, a lot quieter in the second

Hooper 7 Showed some lovely touches

Forestierri 6 Nothing is going for him at the moment

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Westwood - 6 - Ordinarily it'd have been a 7, for a crucial save from Bojan to deny Stoke in the 2nd half. It was a key moment. However, his kicking, from minute one, was abysmal. Really poor.  If they didn't get shanked for a throw-in, he just kicked it out of play on the half way line. 

Iorfa - 7 - Another strong defensive performance. Gave MacLean nothing, and tried to provide an outlet on the limited occasions we were in a position to launch a counter. 

Lees - 8 - Man of the Match - Thought he was superb today. Led by example, put his body on the line, and snuffed out a lot of potential danger. 

Hector - 8 - Full credit to Hector for that performance just hours after returning from Costa Rica, couldn't have been easy. 

Palmer - 8 - Another impressive display. Ince is a good player, and Palmer stood up and came out on top. Shame he couldn't score when through on goal, but forced a decent save from Butland. 

Bannan - 7 - Defended well, intercepted and harried really well. Little disappointed with his quality on the ball at times today. Although, on the whole, he was Wednesday's most creative player yet again. 

Hutchinson - 7 - Thought he struggled with Stoke's movement, especially Bojan, early on. Seemed to be slightly off the pace. But picked it up, and got on top of things, and became better as the game went on. 

Boyd - 7 - Pretty decent display from Boyd. Always shows good energy, and works tremendously hard. Had bits of quality, and was unfortunate with the disallowed goal...great piece of skill and coolness under pressure. 

Reach - 5 - Another poor, tepid display. His touch was off, and struggled to get into the game at all. With Forestieri, Hooper, Aarons, Boyd all now either back or performing...he's going to need to shape up. An in-form Reach could be the difference. Since Bruce has come in, he's been one of our most under-performing players. 

Forestieri - 6 - Glimpses of quality and inventiveness, but looked a little ring rusty. Yet, good for him to get an hour under his belt, he, like Reach, needs to start and step up to the plate. Some huge games and opportunities ahead. 

Hooper - 6 - Like Forestieri, glimpses of his quality was there to see. His link up play and first touch was spot on, but just seemed a little sloppy on the ball at times. Still, a huge positive he came through the game with 70 minutes in the tank. He'll only add to our attacking threat in the last stretch of games. 

Winnall - 6 - Huffed and puffed when he was introduced, without too much effect. 

Nuhiu - 6 - Did alright when he came on. He gave the Stoke centre halves something else to think about.

Overall ... a decent point. 

I felt this was a real potential banana skin. Stoke have no pressure on them, and are full with quality players. They are a dangerous animal to play at this time of the season. 

We weren't at our best from an attacking perspective. In fact, we were poor. Careless and disjointed in possession, and as a result, failed to create any sort of meaningful chance on Stoke's goal. But, on the flip side, we defended soundly, and despite Stoke's possession, they only created one chance all game...Bojan's when Westwood saved brilliantly. 

I'd have taken a point before the game, and so I'm fairly pleased. If we are to sneak into the playoffs, we always needed to beat Villa and Forest. Two cracking games, at home. We need wins. Simple. We can go out and have a right go. Take six points from those two games...and we'll be right into amongst it. 

Still in the mix. That's all we can ask for. Let's hope we're still saying that in six games time. 

Edited by frastheowl
  • Like 2

Westwood 8 MoM based upon his point winning saves 

Iorfa  5

Lees 6 

Hector 6 

Palmer 6

Bannan 5 

Hutchinson 7 

Boyd 6

Reach 4 obviously injured 

Forestieri 4 short of game time 

Hooper 4 short of fitness

It’s encouraging to get a point when playing so poorly 

We were rubbish today.

Bruce says we are playing makeshift at the moment and he is right. Too many players who probably weren’t fit enough to be on the pitch.

Palmer for mom.

We were completely outplayed in centre midfield hence rarely had decent possession .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Got mauled the other week for saying it was not the match for Reach....contender for worst post of the season said one poster...................so how did he do ???

Well his name was on the team sheet but i'm sure he didn't play

• Thanks 1