• Bannan
    • Hooper
    • Forestieri
    • Boyd
    • Nuhiu
    • Winnall
    • Matias

18 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Westwood - 6 - Ordinarily it'd have been a 7, for a crucial save from Bojan to deny Stoke in the 2nd half. It was a key moment. However, his kicking, from minute one, was abysmal. Really poor.  If they didn't get shanked for a throw-in, he just kicked it out of play on the half way line. 

Iorfa - 7 - Another strong defensive performance. Gave MacLean nothing, and tried to provide an outlet on the limited occasions we were in a position to launch a counter. 

Lees - 8 - Man of the Match - Thought he was superb today. Led by example, put his body on the line, and snuffed out a lot of potential danger. 

Hector - 8 - Full credit to Hector for that performance just hours after returning from Costa Rica, couldn't have been easy. 

Palmer - 8 - Another impressive display. Ince is a good player, and Palmer stood up and came out on top. Shame he couldn't score when through on goal, but forced a decent save from Butland. 

Bannan - 7 - Defended well, intercepted and harried really well. Little disappointed with his quality on the ball at times today. Although, on the whole, he was Wednesday's most creative player yet again. 

Hutchinson - 7 - Thought he struggled with Stoke's movement, especially Bojan, early on. Seemed to be slightly off the pace. But picked it up, and got on top of things, and became better as the game went on. 

Boyd - 7 - Pretty decent display from Boyd. Always shows good energy, and works tremendously hard. Had bits of quality, and was unfortunate with the disallowed goal...great piece of skill and coolness under pressure. 

Reach - 5 - Another poor, tepid display. His touch was off, and struggled to get into the game at all. With Forestieri, Hooper, Aarons, Boyd all now either back or performing...he's going to need to shape up. An in-form Reach could be the difference. Since Bruce has come in, he's been one of our most under-performing players. 

Forestieri - 6 - Glimpses of quality and inventiveness, but looked a little ring rusty. Yet, good for him to get an hour under his belt, he, like Reach, needs to start and step up to the plate. Some huge games and opportunities ahead. 

Hooper - 6 - Like Forestieri, glimpses of his quality was there to see. His link up play and first touch was spot on, but just seemed a little sloppy on the ball at times. Still, a huge positive he came through the game with 70 minutes in the tank. He'll only add to our attacking threat in the last stretch of games. 

Winnall - 6 - Huffed and puffed when he was introduced, without too much effect. 

Nuhiu - 6 - Did alright when he came on. He gave the Stoke centre halves something else to think about.

Overall ... a decent point. 

I felt this was a real potential banana skin. Stoke have no pressure on them, and are full with quality players. They are a dangerous animal to play at this time of the season. 

We weren't at our best from an attacking perspective. In fact, we were poor. Careless and disjointed in possession, and as a result, failed to create any sort of meaningful chance on Stoke's goal. But, on the flip side, we defended soundly, and despite Stoke's possession, they only created one chance all game...Bojan's when Westwood saved brilliantly. 

I'd have taken a point before the game, and so I'm fairly pleased. If we are to sneak into the playoffs, we always needed to beat Villa and Forest. Two cracking games, at home. We need wins. Simple. We can go out and have a right go. Take six points from those two games...and we'll be right into amongst it. 

Still in the mix. That's all we can ask for. Let's hope we're still saying that in six games time. 

Great easy to read informative review.

Go to the top of the class for presentation.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Was tempted to give it Sammy H just for nailing that lad who running things and also getting a knock that clearly made him

dizzy but he got on with it. However thought Iorfa was best for us overall. Very impressive start to his owls career 

21 hours ago, Ian said:

I’d love To know how folk think Westwood was mom.....one of the worst games I’ve seen him have for us.....had about half a dozen kicks under no pressure that found our subs bench and punching crosses under no pressure!

In a game where no one stood out the two point winning saves made Westwoods contribution the most telling.

Same as if FF had misplaced passes all day (he did) but scored two goals to save us a point then he would have got the plaudits and MOM.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:44, Ian said:

None of his kicks to touch were from a bouncing ball....they were all from a standing start where he had all the time in the world to put the ball in the position he wanted....its t(e worst display of goalkeeper distribution I’ve ever seen

Like a faithful old mongrel you keep bringing me the stick back lol  I suppose, conceding your point on kicking ability. A clean sheet means of all the 360 deg he had to aim at, not one found it's way into the back of our net. I recon that will do for the 74% who voted for him in the MOM OT'rs award !      

3 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Like a faithful old mongrel you keep bringing me the stick back lol  I suppose, conceding your point on kicking ability. A clean sheet means of all the 360 deg he had to aim at, not one found it's way into the back of our net. I recon that will do for the 74% who voted for him in the MOM OT'rs award !      

Nev, I expect better of you than to completely make up stats.....really?

For info, more people who voted didn't think he was mom than did

Edited by Ian

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Nev, I expect better of you than to completely make up stats.....really?

For info, more people who voted didn't think he was mom than did

He did however receive more than twice the amount of votes as the next highest player and more than 4 times the amount of the 3rd highest - for info. 

On 30/03/2019 at 20:00, WelshOwl74 said:

the rules now changed regarding linesman sticking the flag up

happened in champions league last week

Bruce needs to read up on it

On 30/03/2019 at 20:09, WelshOwl74 said:

something like that or once player offsode has a shot

you'd think Bruce would know this ,as its happened most games I've watched this season on Tele

That is more to do with VAR - in the Champions League there has been a move towards allowing play to run it's course on tight offside decisions and then put the flag up if and when the ball goes in the net as it can then be reviewed. If the linesman puts his flag up early for tight calls it then stops the play and so takes VAR out of the reckoning.

We don't have VAR in the EFL so the above is nothing to do with how our games are officiated.