Stuart Findlay

7 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Never going to happen, no money and don't need him

We're not exactly overflowing with ccetnerbacks.

Lees and Thorniley are the only two we have that we trust.

van Aken's unproven and injury prone.
Hector isn't ours and probably costs a lot more than we can afford at this moment.

Findlay's just 23, big, capable, and well thought of. Some suggesting he's not far off the international squad.

Bruce's record buying Scottish players is pretty good. Andy Robertson obviously, but also McGinn at Villa who's hit the ground running this season. Previous buys include Shaun Maloney and Allan McGregor, so he hasn't bought a bad Scottish player.. yet. ;)

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

We’ve not done too well out of the Scottish market in the past... however Bruce found Robertson so I’ll trust him 100%

Maybe he was jammy with that one.

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We paid a fee for Iorfa. Also, we are probably going to make a couple of sales, and Bruce has hinted as much

To be honest £200k for Iorfa barely constitutes a fee in this day and age! But I get your point.

I just wonder where we wold be likely to make £1m worth of sales? As Bruce said the other week-  " We might have to sell one or two. That’s part of the equation. But... we’ve still got to have a team!"

One big sale perhaps?

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be honest £200k for Iorfa barely constitutes a fee in this day and age! But I get your point.

I just wonder where we wold be likely to make £1m worth of sales? As Bruce said the other week-  " We might have to sell one or two. That’s part of the equation. But... we’ve still got to have a team!"

One big sale perhaps?

I’m guessing we’ll need to make a dump load more than £1m worth of sales before we could (or would be allowed to) spend £1m. Who knows though.

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'd sooner the money went towards keeping Hector here.

Me too, but I’m guessing he’d cost so much more. I hope we pullout all the steps to get Hector on board, but it might still be beyond us 

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Me too, but I’m guessing he’d cost so much more. I hope we pullout all the steps to get Hector on board, but it might still be beyond us 

Isn't he out of contract in the summer, if so it boils down to wages so yes your right we might not be able to compete with what another club may offer him. 

I think we will have a go to be fair and our best hope remains the fact he seems to have clicked here.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Isn't he out of contract in the summer, if so it boils down to wages so yes your right we might not be able to compete with what another club may offer him. 

I think we will have a go to be fair and our best hope remains the fact he seems to have clicked here.

Another year to run 

We are going to send a scout to watch him according to the article and we are prepared to offer £1M.

How do we know he's worth it until the scout has had a look at him?

Bruce's lad might have tipped us off but quoting a figure is premature at this stage.