Fletch fitness test & team

I don't see what Boyd offers other than to fill a shirt, run round and try to close down players. 

I get that he's a team player, but doesn't offer enough. 

Winnall for me if fit, with probably Nuhiu if Fletcher out.

If not I'd be tempted to put Palmer right side of a midfield 3, Fox back at LB with a Aarons and Reach alongside Nuhiu to use the space he creates.

• Like 1

I just don’t think that Matias is strong enough for this league. He’s held off by the division’s defenders far too easily so the only way to play with him in the team and use his pace imo, is to send balls over the top, or slide rule passes bisecting defenders for him to run on to. 

Got to go in the summer for me- not enough power or strength for the Championship.

54 minutes ago, owlsite said:

I just don’t think that Matias is strong enough for this league. He’s held off by the division’s defenders far too easily so the only way to play with him in the team and use his pace imo, is to send balls over the top, or slide rule passes bisecting defenders for him to run on to. 

Got to go in the summer for me- not enough power or strength for the Championship.

Yeah, I'd never characterise Matias as someone who throws his weight around - on the other hand though, he does win us a lot of free kicks in dangerous areas, as he does seem to be expert in drawing a foul from the opposition.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

Yeah, I'd never characterise Matias as someone who throws his weight around - on the other hand though, he does win us a lot of free kicks in dangerous areas, as he does seem to be expert in drawing a foul from the opposition.

Very true. Quick over a yard as we used to say.

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Looks like a late fitness test for Fletcher with a foot injury. Though at the time he seemed to me to be holding his ankle.

Nevertheless, it's looking like the in form targetman is a big doubt.

Supect given his recent form Bruce would love to pick him if there's any chance to. In his absence I think Nuhui will get the nod at the tip of the attacking prong.

Especially against a side like this who are likely to mix it up a bit.

Will Bruce start Winnall who looked lively on Saturday?

I have a feeling he'll stick with Boyd. Bruce said himself he was dissapointed he didn't protect Lazaar more after having not played for so long.

Clearly a manager who has some self introspection and care for his players. Might he deem it too much too soon for our recovering Brummie stiker? Will he take the risk.

Given his comments on our injury managment I'm not so sure he will.

image.png.cbf2bd64b008c969637c07cb0d75ba4d.png

I don't think he'll change the back four. And rightly so given the way they are playing.

Though I do feel slightly for Palmer, playing the best stuff he has for years but having to sit out on the opposite and unatural flank.

Also think, for all his quality that he's shown in recent weeks that the right footed left back is something (whoever that player is -I'm not pulling Liam) that slows down our impetus attacking down that flank.

I think Liam Palmer has looked even better at left back than at right back 

I’m more than happy with him starting above fox and like him cutting him it’s a nice balance 

we have a right footed at right bank and left foot on the right wing then a right footer at left back and left footer on left wing 

so we can cut in or over hug the line down each side