Utd tickets

22 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I disagree.

I actually think that if we were to play Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal tomorrow, and employ the same ticket price policy as for the Blades game, the stadium wouldn’t sell out. 

It’s all about ticket prices. Make them reasonable and people will turnout, me included.

I can assure u 100% if we played man city/man utd 2moro night if would sell out in 24 hours never mind 3 weeks. we took 7000 for the micky mouse cup 4 years ago for a night game and could have sold 15000 easy . I don't just think its price whats stopping some from going as everyone paid £3 quid extra last season and it was on sky , think work issues ,maybe some parents don't want to take there kids with it been a hostile atmosphere and too many are becoming armchair fans. its very disappointing that sales are so poor , there is around 4000 unsold I doubt if tickets were a fiver less that anymore than another 1000 would have sold.  we had nearly 20000 season ticket holders against Brentford but could only shift 3000 potd tickets at £20 . too many use the money excuse for poor sales ,if 30000 turned up to Brentford game that might have said to chansiri if you drop prices then thousands will turn up clearly they didn't. and it was a very warm fine day/night ,newish manager ,playing well , no jos the excuses for not going were not there. I think we just have to realise that we may have lost 2-3000 who have got out of habit of going and they will probably only return for the glamour fixtures. 

Just now, torres said:

£20 is reasonable wouldn’t you say?

it was 21c tues like a summers day charged £20 and only 3000 paid for tickets at that price for the Brentford game . we all agree prices are way to dear for potd but chansiri will argue that lower prices don't work as it hardly made any difference to attendance . unfortunately he aint going to change his policy on high potd prices as he will keep coming back to his argument that it didn't bring in many more. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I can assure u 100% if we played man city/man utd 2moro night if would sell out in 24 hours never mind 3 weeks. we took 7000 for the micky mouse cup 4 years ago for a night game and could have sold 15000 easy . I don't just think its price whats stopping some from going as everyone paid £3 quid extra last season and it was on sky , think work issues ,maybe some parents don't want to take there kids with it been a hostile atmosphere and too many are becoming armchair fans. its very disappointing that sales are so poor , there is around 4000 unsold I doubt if tickets were a fiver less that anymore than another 1000 would have sold.  we had nearly 20000 season ticket holders against Brentford but could only shift 3000 potd tickets at £20 . too many use the money excuse for poor sales ,if 30000 turned up to Brentford game that might have said to chansiri if you drop prices then thousands will turn up clearly they didn't. and it was a very warm fine day/night ,newish manager ,playing well , no jos the excuses for not going were not there. I think we just have to realise that we may have lost 2-3000 who have got out of habit of going and they will probably only return for the glamour fixtures. 

So why didn’t the ground sell out when we played Man City back in the Dave Allen days? It was a Tuesday night and there were 28k in attendance including 6k Man City fans. 

Re the Brentford game, I take your point. However, if normal ticket prices were in place, I’m sure the attendance would have been below 20k. 

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

it was 21c tues like a summers day charged £20 and only 3000 paid for tickets at that price for the Brentford game . we all agree prices are way to dear for potd but chansiri will argue that lower prices don't work as it hardly made any difference to attendance . unfortunately he aint going to change his policy on high potd prices as he will keep coming back to his argument that it didn't bring in many more. 

Don’t you think that Chansiri is potentially damaging our future generation , Dads and mums take their younguns and the circle starts again but without the luxury of a season ticket this tradition is taking a big hit , it’s too expensive . We are the most difficult team to follow in this league simply because of ticket prices being far far too high . 

2 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I certainly would!

All ‘£20 games’ this season have seen the home section of the attendance being higher than average. 

Not sure that’s true but if it is not high enough for DC to think twice about his prices 

Just now, torres said:

Not sure that’s true but if it is not high enough for DC to think twice about his prices 

I do understand your point and I see that, for some games, lowering the price may not affect the attendance significantly.

But I do think that for the vast majority of games, having more reasonable prices will lead to higher attendances.

To contextualise it, I class my self as a big Wednesday fan. I had a season ticket for

seven years and barely missed a game. We also travel 60 miles to the stadium. However this season I’ve been to Hillsborough twice. Both games were discounted prices. And I’m sure this applies to others

11 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

So why didn’t the ground sell out when we played Man City back in the Dave Allen days? It was a Tuesday night and there were 28k in attendance including 6k Man City fans. 

Re the Brentford game, I take your point. However, if normal ticket prices were in place, I’m sure the attendance would have been below 20k. 

That was a weekend match and Man City weren't what they are now.

It'd be the equivalent of playing Everton today.

23 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

3k potg more than we would have got for Brentford at the usual prices on a tuesday night sandwiched inbetween 2 other home matches in 11 days, one of which is £39 for the cheapest ticket.

15% bigger crowd than we would usually have got for that match.

People have been saying it for a while, the short sightedness of the current pricing policy will come back to haunt us sooner or later, looks like it has started from tomorrow.

Needs fixing now, before we lose many more forever. 

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

3k potg more than we would have got for Brentford at the usual prices on a tuesday night sandwiched inbetween 2 other home matches in 11 days, one of which is £39 for the cheapest ticket.

15% bigger crowd than we would usually have got for that match.

People have been saying it for a while, the short sightedness of the current pricing policy will come back to haunt us sooner or later, looks like it has started from tomorrow.

Needs fixing now, before we lose many more forever. 

Totally agree 

5 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I do understand your point and I see that, for some games, lowering the price may not affect the attendance significantly.

But I do think that for the vast majority of games, having more reasonable prices will lead to higher attendances.

To contextualise it, I class my self as a big Wednesday fan. I had a season ticket for

seven years and barely missed a game. We also travel 60 miles to the stadium. However this season I’ve been to Hillsborough twice. Both games were discounted prices. And I’m sure this applies to others

Totally agree, the prices put off 1000’s and so they should they are disgusting. DC winds me up something chronic with is imbecilic pricing structure.

The only thing I would say is that when these £20 tickets come around THE only way the dope will get his head turned is if we sell 30k+ 

Yes I understand all the excuses for not doing it but it’s the only argument the fans have - otherwise he wins. 

5 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Don't think anybody disagrees that prices are too expensive I just thought this of all games is worth going the extra mile for.

Anyway for those going lets have a Arsenal and Brighton type atmosphere. 

We do need to get behind em from the start, but if the team perform like they did in the aforementioned matches then the fans most certainly will.

13 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Season ticket holder since 2001 - Couldn't afford one this season.

Like yourself, I've paid on the gate twice this season. Birmingham and Brentford which were £20 games.

I'd have loved to be there tomorrow, but £39 is a lot of money to me at the moment. Either I tell my three year old she's not having a birthday this coming Thursday or go to the football. 

Too many "I'm alright Jack" attitudes when it comes to prices I'm afraid, with little thought about what our fanbase will look like in the coming years.

8 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Season ticket holder since 2001 - Couldn't afford one this season.

Like yourself, I've paid on the gate twice this season. Birmingham and Brentford which were £20 games.

I'd have loved to be there tomorrow, but £39 is a lot of money to me at the moment. Either I tell my three year old she's not having a birthday this coming Thursday or go to the football. 

Too many "I'm alright Jack" attitudes when it comes to prices I'm afraid, with little thought about what our fanbase will look like in the coming years.

Feel for you pal, I would be in the same boat.

I work turnstiles you usually miss first 15 mins (sometimes the 1st half) but you get to see the majority of the games and it is about a £1k turnaround in cash outlay.

Earn around £500 over the season and save a similar amount (actually more) on a season ticket.

Would love to be in pub pre match but just can't afford it, works out well for me.

They're usually looking for staff.

Worth thinking about for next season?

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Birmingham City game?

On 02/03/2019 at 11:46, casbahowl said:

What's your agenda?

Your gnawing away like a dog with a bone on what is eventually going to be a few hundred unsold seats out of those available for sale for a championship match which is being given the full SKY treatment on national TV

Is it POTG prices? ......................... No argument!

Is it a dig at SAG/SYP? ................. No argument!

What is it that's really eating away at you?

I want the club to be seen in a good light pal. It won't be a few hundred it'll be a few thousand. I think we're big enough to sell out this game. Sorry if I've offended you. 

22 hours ago, Hypnotiseme said:

Although I just clicked on 'availability view' and it came up with this. The last one was under 'view by price.' I don't understand... 

20190303_114535.jpg

Shifted a few more in past 24 hours then. 

image.png.7e8926811989af09891ff0420cdb08fc.png