Utd tickets

9 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

To be honest I expected us to lose last season they were above us pre match,  I think we have more chance of winning this season although they start heavy favourites.

At Paddypower

Weds 12/5  Draw 12/5  Utd Evens

49 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I've got a season ticket so will be there Monday, however I have every sympathy with those who have to POTG and don't blame anybody who refuses/can't pay those prices.

I feel the same.  Season ticket holder, go every home game but I don’t blame any fan that chooses to give matches a swerve, especially given the ridiculous state of our POTG ticket prices.

And just because I’m fortune enough to be able to go to games regularly, that doesn’t make me a ‘better’ Wednesday fan than someone that cannot.  A bit of humility goes a long way.

Guest Ash76
5 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

On Tuesday I worked on a cash turnstile on the South Stand, I have worked on this particular turnstile farely often over the last 2 and half years, usually I don't have to open more than one batch of 50 tickets and would say on average I sell 25  tickets of which less than half are adult tickets.

Tuesday night at £20?

Just shy of 160 tickets! the vast majority of which (120) were adult tickets.

Didn't think you could pay on the gate anymore? Wonder why there was a big queue of people queuing outside the South TO if you can?

I'm not doubting the £20 price had a positive impact on sales for that game but i wish people wouldn't make things up to enhance their argument

41 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I feel the same.  Season ticket holder, go every home game but I don’t blame any fan that chooses to give matches a swerve, especially given the ridiculous state of our POTG ticket prices.

And just because I’m fortune enough to be able to go to games regularly, that doesn’t make me a ‘better’ Wednesday fan than someone that cannot.  A bit of humility goes a long way.

Well said and the fact its on sky does not help to get bums on seats, cash is king unfortunately

18 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Dom howson has spoken to Wednesday and we're expecting a crowd of 31000, cant see how with the amount of seats left in the south stand.

If we get 31k that’ll be a decent effort 

1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

31k is about as close to a sell out as we can get isn’t it 

Just under 4k in leppings lane which holds about 6,700. 

Isn’t our allowed capacity about 34,000? 

It's about 34,500 but then there is segregation as well which takes it down to about 33,000. No fans in the lower means it will be 31,500 maximum. I reckon it will be about 30,000. 

4 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Didn't think you could pay on the gate anymore? Wonder why there was a big queue of people queuing outside the South TO if you can?

I'm not doubting the £20 price had a positive impact on sales for that game but i wish people wouldn't make things up to enhance their argument

Vast majority of games there's pay turnstiles. 

• Like 1

Terrible rules n regulations/ health n safety ruining it.. Hillsborough holds 39.000 so why can't pigs have whole leppings end and us have North/West Corner.. Embarrassing if back of goal is empty for such a match. 

4 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Thanks for that information Ash I must have been dreaming then.

I'm not "making anything up to enhance" any argument.

I worked on the South Stand as a cash turnstile on Tuesday Night.

Other than 2 all ticket matches Leeds and United  (Go on, try using your intelligence and guess why they call them all ticket games) you can always pay on the gate.

Having said that the club doesn't always open cash turnstiles on the South Stand due to the relatively new South Stand T/O kiosk, but I can assure you 100% they often do and certainly did Tuesday.

You know what I wish? 

I wish people wouldn't accuse others of lying when THEY themselves don't know their facts. 

Ring the club and check up if you like, you'll find I'm correct, thanks for questioning my integrity though and making yourself look a fool. 

UTO!

Edited by OWL1969
  • Thanks 1