Utd tickets

I understand that there are those who refuse to go to games at the current prices, I also understand that there are those who just simply afford to go to any of the games full stop, but the ones who confuse me are the ones that say that they would be able to attend if the prices were less expensive and won’t be attending the Sheffield derby for that reason. 

Surely if there is one match in a season that it is well worth seeing above all of the other games it is this one, and I’m puzzled as to why if it is a financial decision not to go, why not start putting a few bob away each week in advance of the fixture. 

I have always been fortunate enough to be able to attended all of the home games, with the exception of 5 games since the 1970/71 season and I would never look down on anyone who wished to attend the games, but simply could not afford to. However if I was in that situation by hook or by crook I would find the means to attend this game. 

47 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

For a Wednesday or United fan apart from maybe cup finals there  is no bigger 1 off game.

Its each to there own if they attend on watch on Sky I was just pointing out people would find the money and make the effort if it was a top 4 Prem side.

Have to agree. For me playing the pigs is the biggest game by far. 

It's the modern football fan I think, would rather watch Pogba, Aguero etc. than their own team against their biggest rivals. 

The Sky Sports generation. 

Guest Ash76
8 minutes ago, eckington owl said:

Bit of a difference between watching John Fleck and David Silva. 

No difference between watching Wednesday and watching Wednesday though 

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

If you are boycotting this because of price you arent a fan.

And should be barred from getting  a ticket next time we get to Wembley

Not boycotting anything. Was just commenting. 

One of the few businesses where the paying punters get the blame for lower than expected sales.

Blame the people who put prices up to such stupid levels and choked off POTG sales. Why not reward the fans by having reasonable prices for a televised game

like this? 

Guest LittleG
28 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No difference between watching Wednesday and watching Wednesday though 

It is though

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

If you are boycotting this because of price you arent a fan.

And should be barred from getting  a ticket next time we get to Wembley

Not the old "true fan" comment, ridiculous. So if Mr. C decides to charge £60 for this match next year, you would still expect people to pay it, and those tbat didn't aren't true fans. 

Guest Grez Bez

I never miss one but Sky have killed it for me by making it a Monday. I travel with work most weeks and I'll be watching this in Munich with 1 other Owl, a Forest fan and around 5/6 fans of various German clubs (one Bochum fan who likes Wednesday)

13 minutes ago, eckington owl said:

Preach that one all you want but a lot more people would pay to see world class players. Much more appealing to the fair weather fans and young kids. 

And it's a shame we can't attract neutral football fans due to our high ticket prices I totally agree with that.

Surely every Wednesday fan would make more effort to attend this than a game v Man City, Utd etc.

4 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

And it's a shame we can't attract neutral football fans due to our high ticket prices I totally agree with that.

Surely every Wednesday fan would make more effort to attend this than a game v Man City, Utd etc.

Evidently not. We sold out vs Arsenal a few years back. Midweek game on TV. Admitted the prices were cheaper than they are for this game. 

2 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

It's a sad thing for me that people would rather watch us in a game v one of the big 6 than v the pigs. Imo that's a football fan rather than a Wednesday fan.

Natural for people to want to see the best of something. It’s been a while since we were in the top flight and there’s a generation that haven’t seen any glory years. 

look at the Chelsea game - 6000 strong there; didn’t make it past season ticket holders. But a small percentage went to Ipswich the week after.

34 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

It's a sad thing for me that people would rather watch us in a game v one of the big 6 than v the pigs. Imo that's a football fan rather than a Wednesday fan.

I disagree.

I actually think that if we were to play Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal tomorrow, and employ the same ticket price policy as for the Blades game, the stadium wouldn’t sell out. 

It’s all about ticket prices. Make them reasonable and people will turnout, me included.

Edited by BingleyOwl

31 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I disagree.

I actually think that if we were to play Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal tomorrow, and employ the same ticket price policy as for the Blades game, the stadium wouldn’t sell out. 

It’s all about ticket prices. Make them reasonable and people will turnout, me included.

£20 is reasonable wouldn’t you say?